Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ships being disabled/destroyed  (Read 1786 times)

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Ships being disabled/destroyed
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:18 AM »

I was just wondering, if we could see more complex ways of ships being destroyed?

Instead of whole ship going explody and glowing, you could have localized explosions and parts of the ships that were hit most hard actually being blasted off/fragmenting. To disable ship you'd have to be careful not to crack its hull in half, if you want to board it.

I understand that the game is in a very early phase, just wondering if we can get this later  :)

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:33:46 AM by D0vahkiin »

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
Re: Ships being disabled/destroyed
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

I'm pretty sure that this has already been addressed in a thread. I do totally agree with you though. However, I think this is more of a polishing feature than an essential gameplay one.

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ships being disabled/destroyed
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »

I do totally agree with you though. However, I think this is more of a polishing feature than an essential gameplay one.

Yes, and if we ever get it, it should be a low priority project, not being on the way of any important gameplay updates. It's just one of those little things that add up :)