Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question on Exploration Loot/Ship Design spawning  (Read 401 times)

Hilgaren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Question on Exploration Loot/Ship Design spawning
« on: June 02, 2023, 07:11:58 PM »

Do ship hull designs and other loot get determined at game start, or does what you have actually clicked on to unlock affect what spawns next? Wondering because I always seem to get a large number of duplicates (IE like 5 or 6 low tech packs, 4 high tech packs, multiples of certain individual weapons or ship designs while not finding others)

I like to keep a certain theme to the ships that spawn in my faction fleets and it bothers me when some designs worm their way in against my wishes/prioritizations and so I normally avoid unlocking certain designs when I can help it. With a lack of ability to blacklist designs for your faction this is what I resort to, but I also don't want to gimp myself if it just means I'm going to get the same 6 design packs because the game is trying to get me to unlock them. Wondering if the duplication is just for redundancy to make it more accessible, a function of RNG, or if the game is trying to react to what I have unlocked when deciding what to spawn.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Exploration Loot/Ship Design spawning
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 07:17:28 PM »

It's mostly determined at game start.* Except hullmod unlocks, where hullmods you have already will either be replaced with unknown hullmods... or just be deleted before you ever see them.

* Kindof. The specific items aren't generated until you interact with them, but they are generated in a predictable fashion. What this means is that, if you do something like add a faction mod mid-run, its blueprints can show up. But short of doing something like that, a given research station will always give you the same items.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Hilgaren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Exploration Loot/Ship Design spawning
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »

Ok, so to be clear, barring modding or mid game adjustments, I should be safe avoiding unlocking certain ship designs/weapons/fighters as it wont affect my chances of getting an alternate design/weapon/fighter. Correct?