Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crashing when pressing continue/take command to enter combat  (Read 199 times)

Takahiro

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello there peeps! I have run into an issue , the game crashes when I press continue to enter combat.

My mod list with no issues:|Unknown Skies||UAF||Torchship&Deadly armaments||Take No Prisoners||Tahlan||Starship Legends||Ship/Weapons Pack||Seeker||Seafoo Shipworks||ScalarTech||QualityCaptains||Nexerlin||Mayasuran||Locked n Loaded||Iron Shell||Diable Avionics||PAGSM||Commissioned Crews||Combat Chatter||Better Colonies||Arma Armatura||LazyLib||MagicLib||zzGraphicsLib|

The crash started happening after installing the following mods:|Subtsance Abuse||Diktat Enhancement||Interstellar Imperium||Secrets of the Frontier||Quality Captains|

How it happens: When I press the "Continue" to enter the fight where I select the ships to deploy it crashes to desktop with a small window with a Null error sayng to check the .log , the crash does not always happen the first fight sometimes I can fight the enemy then when engaging them a second time it will crash and if not the second time then rarely the third fight will crash. My guess its some ship contains a weapon or something causing the crash I guess..? Ex:Fought a Hegemony transport second fight crashed the fleet contained only vanilla ships but dunno about their equipment.

The error log:
190528 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.plugins.SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.getObjectivePicker(SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.java:800)
   at data.scripts.plugins.SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.addObjectives(SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.java:513)
   at data.scripts.plugins.SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.initBattle(SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.java:213)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper.startBattle(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1204)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I would love to know what mod/mods or file causes this , thank you in advance! ^^
E

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing when pressing continue/take command to enter combat
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 04:00:30 AM »

There's not a single day that this gets posted here.

Anyway, have a look at
Code
 at data.scripts.plugins.SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.getObjectivePicker(SotfBattleCreationPluginImpl.java:800)

You even managed to shortlist potential candidates:
|Subtsance Abuse||Diktat Enhancement||Interstellar Imperium||Secrets of the Frontier||Quality Captains|

Now, which of these can be abbreviated as `Sotf`? You need to update that one (and/or read the comments on its thread). Rumour has it:
Go to the mod settings and set tactical expansion to false. This will fix the issue.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:03:01 AM by Jaghaimo »

Takahiro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing when pressing continue/take command to enter combat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 07:56:41 AM »

Oh my god I spent half a hour looking at the error to see if it mentions a certain mod , and it did not cross my smooth brain for once that sotf was an abbreviation to frontier ahah.

Thank you!! it was updated but had to set the expansion to false , runnin' smooth now thanks again! ;D
E