Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Losing S-Modded Ships Seems to Grant Ridiculous Amounts of Bonus XP  (Read 246 times)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi,

something I noticed, I am not sure if it is a bug:

Edit: Pirate ships? What was I thinking. I apologize and repent of my temporary lapse of faith.

(okay, we didn't win - however, apparently this loss generates 337 million bonus XP? it seems like this loss not only produces martyrs but also greatly contributes to the cause.)

Losing these S-Modded Colossus Mk. II to a Remnant Ordo granted me 337 million bonus XP. This is enough to quadruple my XP gain until I have made back more than 10 times the story points that I lost (though S-Modding Colossus Mk. II also returns bonus XP so it is more like over 15 times). Given that I have a fully fledged Venture (LP) Ordo farming fleet, this means it effectively makes sense for me to occasionally switch fleets and deliberately lose S-modded ships to significantly increase story point gain. Is this intended?

.96-Rc10, mods are Detailed Combat Results, LunaLib, HexShields and its dependency libs Combat Misc Utils and LazyLib, nothing that affects gameplay AFAIK.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:59:03 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Losing S-Modded Ships Seems to Grant Ridiculous Amounts of Bonus XP
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 07:13:54 AM »

Oh, weird! It's *supposed* to give back exactly enough to gain back the story points lost, minus whatever bonus XP was granted at build-in time (so, 25% for cruisers). And it works when you only lose one ship, but there's a bug in the calculation when there are multiple ships lost; the bonus XP gain is increased multiplicatively. Thank you for the report, fixed!