Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Priority contact instability  (Read 191 times)

styxhelix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Priority contact instability
« on: May 31, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »

I made this importance: 'very high' contact a priority contact, then returned him to normal contact a day after (kanta's den --> nova maxios --> tibicena). He still gave me the missions he would've as a priority contact, which made me think it was weird. opened up intel tab (while in colony menu), and saw he wasn't. when i went back to his contact page, his missions changed.

I tried replicating it, and managed to by toggling 'priority contact' in-menu. Maybe I remembered wrong...

Also, I've noticed that making a contact a priority contact sometimes reduces the amount of missions? Intended?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:27:36 AM by styxhelix »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Priority contact instability
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 09:08:30 AM »

Hmm - I'm not sure what you mean by "missions he would've (given) as a priority contact". There aren't any missions that are restricted to priority contacts or anything like that.

Re: the number of missions changing, that can happen since there's a random element to the number of missions being offered, and the mission number bonus for the contact being "priority" ramps up gradually with time.

styxhelix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 09:29:07 AM »

Hmm - I'm not sure what you mean by "missions he would've (given) as a priority contact". There aren't any missions that are restricted to priority contacts or anything like that.

Re: the number of missions changing, that can happen since there's a random element to the number of missions being offered, and the mission number bonus for the contact being "priority" ramps up gradually with time.
By 'missions he would've (given) as a priority contact', I meant the ones I would have gotten if I did not reload (toggling priority to determine which mission was more favourable to me)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 09:30:57 AM »

Ah, ok, thank you for clarifying! Doesn't sound like a bug, then; I forget the exact behavior, it may not re-roll immediately or it could have re-rolled and just got the same mission set.