Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.6.2 (3/5/24)  (Read 39743 times)

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.6.2 (3/5/24)
« on: May 29, 2023, 07:58:26 PM »

Unthemed Weapons Collection

No hard dependencies. Soft dependency on Particle Engine. Will run without it, but some visual effects will be missing.

Weapon pack. No factions, no ships*, no faction-themed stuff. Adds 42 weapons to the game. Also adds fortified caches and a few secrets.

Some of the weapons
Ballistic

Railburst Rifle: Two-shot burst railgun. Regenerating ammo.

Demolisher Cannon: High damage per shot, for a small weapon. Regenerating ammo.

Mortar Screen: Low range, low accuracy, very flux efficient.

Spreadfire Cannon: Shotgun that gets more accurate the longer you fire.

Pummeler: Heavy fragmentation damage. Sustained fire increases fire rate.

Helios Artillery: Long range, low DPS, poor efficiency. AOE damage on hit.

? ? ?
[close]
Energy

Boltgun: Terrible damage output, but cheap and long range (relatively speaking).

Mining Laser Mk.2: What even is this thing? Limited ammo HE beam weapon.

Enhanced Tactical Laser: Bigger tactical laser that also has a secondary flux-based effect on the target.

Bolt Scrambler: Long range (relatively speaking) shotgun. Difficult to use on turrets, less difficult to use on hardpoints.

Graviton Array: Instant +15% shield damage. Doesn't stack with itself or with graviton beams.

Chaos Pulser: Long range, randomized damage. The stronger a shot is, the less accurate it becomes.

? ? ?
[close]
Missile

Cluster Mine Launcher: Launches a cluster of mines, as expected.

Spiker SRM: Light sustained shield pressure. Does additional soft flux damage on shield hits.

Paralyzer Rocket Launcher: High tech annihilator.

Bloom Autolauncher: Slow, guided torpedo. Low damage, but causes secondary explosions.

Stinger Swarm Battery: Energy swarmer. Unspectacular damage output, but spammable.

Ion Storm GLMRS: For when you really need to flame something out. Missiles surround the target.

? ? ?
[close]
[close]

Fortified Caches
Procedurally generated caches with defenders. Defenders aren't automated (no lore reason, gameplay reason is that the player already fights enough derelict drones and remnants). These contain normal loot, though with a rewritten loot system, so quantities and types of items may be different from what you're used to seeing. Can change cache frequency in the settings; toggle off by setting frequency to 0.

Also has an option to regenerate caches. This is OFF by default, but if enabled, fortified caches that are looted will be replaced eventually. Essentially allows the player to have a theoretically endless amount of stuff to loot, allowing them to complete their blueprint collection, etc. without having to raid core worlds.
[close]

Utilities
Modifies the refit screen to show updated weapon statistics based on the ship being refitted, as well as total weapons flux generation:

UI modification code is finicky. There are a few limitations:
  • Damage modifiers that affect specific ship classes differently (target analysis, s-modded gyros) are not included.
  • Doesn't affect weapon group flux displays in the weapons group selector.
  • Doesn't affect fighters or fighter weapons.
  • Won't work out-of-the-box with translation packs as many UI elements are acquired by parsing their (English) text.
[close]

Version History
0.6.2: Here
0.6.1: Here
0.6: Here
0.5.4: Here
0.5.3: Here
0.5.2: Here
0.5.1: Here
0.5: Here
[close]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 01:01:38 PM by float »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.5.1 (5/29/23)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 12:27:03 PM »

Are the ? ? ? supposed to be [REDACTED]?

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 05:07:17 PM »

Are the ? ? ? supposed to be [REDACTED]?

Not remnants if that's what you meant by [REDACTED], though there are a couple of weapons in the pack only known to remnants (not shown in the list).

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 06:45:47 PM »

These are AWESOME!

The [REDACTED] heavily reminds me of the Otomo from Brigador and I love it. The only thing I've noticed is the cluster mines don't appear to split, but this may be because I don't use Particle Engine.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 08:01:29 PM »

These are AWESOME! The [REDACTED] heavily reminds me of the Otomo from Brigador and I love it.
Thanks! Never played Brigador, but looked the weapon up, and you're right -- it even has the same purple hue!

The only thing I've noticed is the cluster mines don't appear to split, but this may be because I don't use Particle Engine.
Hmm... that's odd. Of course my first suggestion would be to try using Particle Engine, but I have a feeling that won't do anything, as I just looked at the cluster mine splitting code and it's not dependent on particles at all. I do use custom missile AI, though, so is it possible that you have another mod installed that for some reason overrides every missile AI, even those marked MOD_SPECIFIC? If that's the case, the Ion Storm GLMRS (wpnxt_orbbarrage) and Sprawl MRM (wpnxt_impaler) would also not behave as intended (see image below):
Ion Storm / Sprawl intended behavior
[close]
If your Ion Storm and Sprawl don't look like that, chances are its another mod messing with the missile AI. If they do, then I'm not sure why cluster mines specifically wouldn't split. Either way, do you mind sharing your mod list?

F3nn3L

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 08:42:11 PM »

Can this be added to a current save?

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 09:07:56 PM »

Can this be added to a current save?
Yes, that should be safe. In addition, procgen stuff (fortified caches and secrets) are set to run once on game load if the mod hasn't been loaded in yet.
Once added, the mod would not be safe to remove, however.

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 05:28:05 AM »

oooooh, these weapons have a really neat use of weapon glows!
though I'd add a little bit of jitter to them but I can't remember how it's done for the life of me, it feels just a little too static rn.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 07:31:10 AM »

The only thing I've noticed is the cluster mines don't appear to split, but this may be because I don't use Particle Engine.
Hmm... that's odd. Of course my first suggestion would be to try using Particle Engine, but I have a feeling that won't do anything, as I just looked at the cluster mine splitting code and it's not dependent on particles at all. I do use custom missile AI, though, so is it possible that you have another mod installed that for some reason overrides every missile AI, even those marked MOD_SPECIFIC? If that's the case, the Ion Storm GLMRS (wpnxt_orbbarrage) and Sprawl MRM (wpnxt_impaler) would also not behave as intended (see image below):
Ion Storm / Sprawl intended behavior
[close]
If your Ion Storm and Sprawl don't look like that, chances are its another mod messing with the missile AI. If they do, then I'm not sure why cluster mines specifically wouldn't split. Either way, do you mind sharing your mod list?

Looks like you're right about the missile AI, the Storm and Sprawl also aren't functioning as intended. I did a fresh install of rc-10 (I was on still on rc-9) and they're still not not splitting even when this is the only mod enabled.

Modlist at the time if you were curious
{"enabledMods": [
  "AMPP",
  "Additonal Tweaks",
  "Angry Periphery",
  "lw_console",
  "domhist",
  "Everybody loves KoC",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "memeportraits",
  "pewpewboom",
  "unthemedweapons"
]}
[close]

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 08:28:01 AM »

oooooh, these weapons have a really neat use of weapon glows!
though I'd add a little bit of jitter to them but I can't remember how it's done for the life of me, it feels just a little too static rn.
I believe the jitter is done automatically, at least for weapons that use the default glow mechanic by setting a glowSprite in the wpn file. The way it works is that as the weapon charge level approaches 1, the weapon glow begins to jitter.

As for the glows that I custom render, those are just on the large ballistics and meant to indicate barrel heat, so IMO it would be kind of weird if those jittered.

they're still not not splitting even when this is the only mod enabled

Just to be clear, cluster mines don't split, and Sprawl MRM and Ion Storm GLMRS don't surround the target in your fresh RC-10 install with no other mods enabled? (It makes a difference if it's just the cluster mines, since I'm doing some MIRV JSON shenanigans with those. But the Ion Storm for example is just using a PluginPick<MissileAIPlugin> and nothing else, so it would be extremely odd for it to not work on a fresh install with no other mods enabled. Can you tell me if there's anything out of the ordinary about your setup, i.e. if you're using Linux, you have a custom Java distribution, etc., because otherwise I'm totally stumped.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 09:59:34 AM »

they're still not not splitting even when this is the only mod enabled
Just to be clear, cluster mines don't split, and Sprawl MRM and Ion Storm GLMRS don't surround the target in your fresh RC-10 install with no other mods enabled? (It makes a difference if it's just the cluster mines, since I'm doing some MIRV JSON shenanigans with those. But the Ion Storm for example is just using a PluginPick<MissileAIPlugin> and nothing else, so it would be extremely odd for it to not work on a fresh install with no other mods enabled. Can you tell me if there's anything out of the ordinary about your setup, i.e. if you're using Linux, you have a custom Java distribution, etc., because otherwise I'm totally stumped.

The good news, it took a while but I've figured it out! I have to go in to the main game before your missileAI changes kick in. I've got Devmode/Playtesting set to to true and have been going straight in to Edit Variants from the main menu. If I do that the missileAI changes don't work. I also did a quick check and it's the same situation if I go in to the missions from the main menu and use your weapons there.

However, if you start a new or load an existing campaign then exit to the main menu it works fine in both mission and edit variants. And of course, it works perfectly fine in the main game.

For what it's worth, I am using Linux but it also appeared to be the same case on my windows install although I haven't had chance to try the fix.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:02:35 AM by Great Wound »

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 10:11:34 AM »

The good news, it took a while but I've figured it out! I have to go in to the main game before your missileAI changes kick in. I've got Devmode/Playtesting set to to true and have been going straight in to Edit Variants from the main menu. If I do that the missileAI changes don't work. I also did a quick check and it's the same situation if I go in to the missions from the main menu and use your weapons there.

However, if you start a new or load an existing campaign then exit to the main menu it works fine in both mission and edit variants. And of course, it works perfectly fine in the main game.

Ohhh, I see, that makes a lot of sense now actually. I'm generating the missile plugin data in onGameLoad, which I guess doesn't get called if you go straight to missions. I should probably change that to onApplicationLoad now that I think about it. Thanks for finding this.

Edit: quickly uploaded a patch for this. Also contains some pending balancing stuff.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:22:39 AM by float »

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.5.2 (5/31/23)
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2023, 06:31:42 AM »

Game crashed during a battle. Going by the log, I assume it was cause by Particle Engine, or the lack of it in my playthrough, even though it's stated in your post that the mod only has a soft dependency on it

3530387 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: particleengine/IEmitter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: particleengine/IEmitter
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.o00o.getOnHitEffect(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.ifsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.ifsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.B.Óo0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.B.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.B.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.if.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advanceLinked(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.fire(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: particleengine.IEmitter
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 27 more

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.5.2 (5/31/23)
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2023, 10:04:10 AM »

Game crashed during a battle. Going by the log, I assume it was cause by Particle Engine, or the lack of it in my playthrough, even though it's stated in your post that the mod only has a soft dependency on it

Hotfixed this, as before the hotfix contains some other pending changes.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Unthemed Weapons Collection 0.5.4 (6/6/23)
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2023, 12:51:16 PM »

0.5.4:

Minor balance changes to most weapons. Major balance changes to some weapons.

Full List
Fortified Caches:
- Greatly increased the chances of finding larger caches
- Greatly reduced the chance of finding small caches
- Slightly decreased default total amount
- Slightly increased average number of officers in defending fleets
- Slightly increased DP of defending fleets (from 10-300 to 20-320)
- All of the above except officer count only applies on new game

Sprawl MRM:
- damage 350 -> 300
- refire delay 12s -> 10s
- reload time 30s -> 25s

Paralyzer Rocket Launcher:
- ammo 80 -> 100

Bloom Autolauncher:
- OP cost 15 -> 14

Stinger Swarm Battery:
- No longer auto-targets fighters (added STRIKE, USE_VS_FRIGATES)

Ion Storm GLMRS:
- Removed base EMP damage
- Energy damage 50 -> 75
- Flux/shot 100 -> 75
- Now has 100% chance to arc on hull or armor hits

Spiker SRM:
- OP 4 -> 5
- Regen time 6s -> 7s
- damage 60 -> 70
- Chargedown 0.8s -> 1.3s

Voidcannon:
- no longer has STRIKE, USE_VS_FRIGATE tags