Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: About having more officers than we can actually use...  (Read 410 times)

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
About having more officers than we can actually use...
« on: May 29, 2023, 05:18:24 PM »

One thing that actually bugs me regarding officers is that we quickly get more than we can use (from escape pods) but we don't have the option to chose which are active. The extra ends up just collecting salaries up until we fire someone to free a slot. I don't see why we can't rotate who pilot ships and who go idle; if we are willing to pay to keep them around so be it. Also, why not give use the option to pay them the mercenary fee to use them?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: About having more officers than we can actually use...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 04:38:23 AM »

I would like Retrain the option to change one skill the same way we can change behavior one step so that we can adapt officers to new ships (or even new loadouts) without the need to fire them and painfully grind up new ones.

Leveling up officers should let player select skills the same way player selects skills for AI cores, minus capstones if level is too low.

Ships are the important characters, not the officers.  Officers are mere accessories or equipment for the ship.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:59:17 AM by Megas »

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: About having more officers than we can actually use...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 05:06:05 PM »

I would like Retrain the option to change one skill the same way we can change behavior one step so that we can adapt officers to new ships (or even new loadouts) without the need to fire them and painfully grind up new ones.

Leveling up officers should let player select skills the same way player selects skills for AI cores, minus capstones if level is too low.

Ships are the important characters, not the officers.  Officers are mere accessories or equipment for the ship.

Well, I build my ships around the officers I have rather than seek new officers that better complement my favorite ships. When I run into a great new officer I like to add them to my roster but I dislike having to purge old officiers that may still have uses to me. I often swap ships in my fleet depending on what I am doing...