Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: [0.96a] Starpocalypse Revengeance - more apocalyptic settings  (Read 14678 times)

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Starpocalypse Revengeance
Reduce weapon and combat ship availability, and make NPC colonies stronger.
This is a 0.96a compatibility update of the mod made by Jaghaimo. All thanks and credit to the original author :)

This minimod makes the following changes to the campaign layer of Starsector:

1. Weapons and combat ships are scarce and highly regulated. As such, only Military Markets (and those pesky Black Markets) will sell higher tier weapons, LPCs, modspecs, and combat ships. Open Markets still sell civilian grade ships and low-tier combat ships and items.
    - Lawless factions (e.g. Pirates and Pathers) and Independents do not regular their markets. You can still find high-tier weapons and combat ships at their bases (both core and raider).
    - Contraband can happen, and when stability is low, some weapons and ships from Military Market can become "legal".
    - Conversely, when stability is high, higher value ships and weapons become too hot to trade on the Black Market.
2. There are no pristine ships, everything is d-modded. Including your starting fleet.
3. Access to most Black Markets is impossible while legally docked at the station. Additionally, you will need to pay bribes to transact your business (in lieu of tariffs).
4. Factions are armed to the teeth. All core markets have Ground Defences and Patrol HQ with larger size markets all receiving stations. Hidden bases (Pirates and Pathers raider bases) only get Ground Defences.
5. Your actions have consequences. When defeating a fleet, your reputation with other factions changes as well. Enemies of your enemy start to like you a bit, while their friends, less.
    - Similarly, targeting any colony item will be deemed as an act of war.
6. Blueprint packages are no longer lootable. You will have to collect blueprints one by one.
7. Baseline salvage is reduced and all ship recoveries cost a story point.
8. Finally, a skill is needed to use s-mods at all (no skill = 0 s-mods, with skill = 1 s-mod).

All changes can be turned on and off in the settings.

For information about how mod works and how to configure it, read README.md.

Changelog
Version 3.0.2
* Add adjustable setting for class of player ships subject to stingy recoveries.
* Adjust black market to allow some items at higher stability levels.
* Fix ShipDamager always applying 1 less dmod than max setting.
* Fix for Heavy Weapons being marked as illegal in markets of factions that do not regulate their sale.

Version 3.0.1
* Added setting for salvage multiplier
* Added removal of items from black markets based on stability
* Renamed black market tariffs to bribes
* Added more granular control for settings related to market defences
* Added compatibility with Nexerelin to stingy recoveries
* Split stingy recoveries settings to separate derelicts and combat recoveries
* Added option so combat stingy recoveries does not apply to player ships

Version 3.0.0
* Starsector 0.96a compatibility update
[close]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:16:04 AM by starman13 »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starpocalypse Reborn - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 05:53:08 PM »

Thank you for taking up the mantle!

Rohzdear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 11:20:49 PM »

Thank you for keeping Starpocalypse up to date. I really don't like playing without it.

I think the mod as it is right now is perfectly fine. I can't think of any changes or additions I'd do to the mod, aside from maybe compatibility with LunaLib for an in-game settings menu, but the mod works just fine without it.

Roenrayn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 06:50:52 AM »

Thank you for keeping the mod updated :)

Solar Mechanis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 09:48:26 PM »

I am super stoked to see a continuation of this mod. Great job!

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 03:58:49 AM »

Nice to see it getting maintained, or at least until some other essential mod incorporates this too, keep up the good work!

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 05:34:40 AM »

Thanks for your support.

Release Version 3.0.1
* Added removal of items from black markets based on stability
* Renamed black market tariffs to bribes
* Added more granular control for settings related to market defences
* Added compatibility with Nexerelin to stingy recoveries
* Split stingy recoveries settings to separate derelicts and combat recoveries
* Added option so combat stingy recoveries does not apply to player ships

Detailed Changelog
* stingyRecoveries on derelics changed to only affect ship recovery
Previously stingyRecoveries caused all special events on derelicts to be removed in addition to forcing all ship recoveries to cost story points. This removed game flavor events such as finding extra crew on a derelict, cryopod officers, special caches of trade goods (drugs, transplutonics, etc) as well as the special events where enemies would ambush after searching a derelict. These events are now untouched while derelict ships will still require story points to recover.

* Split stingyRecoveries config into multiple sections
Changing recovery of ships after combat relies on using the FleetEncounterContext which causes issues with other mods. Specifically Nexerelin, Ruthless Sector, SWP, and various bounty mods which implement their own versions of FleetEncounterContext. While I've tried to ensure that Starpocalypse is compatible with Nexerelin's implementation as it seems to be the most common case, I don't think it is possible to maintain compatibility for every possible variation of mods. There seems to be no easy way around this with the current architecture of Starsector. To help with cross-mod compatibility, I have split the stingyRecoveries setting into two parts; one for derelicts and one for combat disabled ships. Disable stingyRecoveriesCombat if you are having mod compatibility issues.

* stingyRecoveries setting added for player ships
As part of the overhaul of stingyRecoveries, there is now an additional setting allowing disabled player ships to be recoverable without story points. If stingyRecoveriesCombat is set to false, player ship recovery will fallback to vanilla Starsector behavior.

Reduces salvage yields by 50% by default. This can be overcome later game by stacking more positive salvage multipliers from ships, skills, etc. This only affects regular trade goods (supplies, food, fuel, etc) and not special loot (weapons, AI cores, colony items, etc).

* Expanded settings for market defenses
Ground defenses are upgraded to heavy batteries at a configurable colony size (default 6). Previously all markets got the base tier 1 orbital station. Now markets get larger stations depending on size. As before, only markets without a station will be affected (existing stations are not upgraded).

* Black market "tariff" renamed to "bribe" in game

* Remove items from black market based on stability
Markets with high stability will find high value weapons and ships removed from the black market. These items will also become unsellable on the black market while stability remains high. Trade of Marines and Heavy Weapons also affected. Price breakpoints configurable in the militaryRegulationStability.csv file.
[close]

BTW if anyone seeing this has more experience with modding Starsector than I do and knows how to properly made changes in FleetEncounterContext compatible with other mods, please let me know.

My current plan is to make 3.0.2 include LunaLib support for in game settings changes.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 05:22:06 PM »

Let’s goooooooo!

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 02:39:57 AM »

Thanks starman13, you're doing the mod a great favour by continuing it!

yuri65

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Starpocalypse Revengeance - more apocalyptic settings
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 05:20:38 PM »

straight up downloaded this mod without knowing what it did years ago, and now i cant play without it, thanks for the update

Vilhelm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2023, 07:44:29 PM »

Military Regulations is not working for me. i start a new save with only Starpocalypse loaded, check the Jangala market and there are still weapons ect. Is there a setting i need to change?

starman13

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2023, 08:39:59 PM »

Military Regulations is not working for me. i start a new save with only Starpocalypse loaded, check the Jangala market and there are still weapons ect. Is there a setting i need to change?

Which weapons are you seeing? Weapons defined in weapon_data.csv as tier 0 (like pd laser, light autocannon, etc) are not regulated. You can change the allowed tier of weapons in starpocalypse.json.

Vilhelm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2023, 09:29:20 PM »

Which weapons are you seeing? Weapons defined in weapon_data.csv as tier 0 (like pd laser, light autocannon, etc) are not regulated. You can change the allowed tier of weapons in starpocalypse.json.

Thanks for the reply it was my bad i thought mark 9 Auto cannons and large weapons were high than Tier 0, I see now that was me miss remembering. thanks for your work cheers.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2023, 11:50:58 AM »

Interesting mod, but how are we supposed to get better firepower?
I keep getting intercepted by pirates and pathers with better ships than mine, and it's pretty difficult to defend myself in those cases.
I'm at a point where I'm avoiding combat altogether, hoping to find one decent ship to add to my fleet. All I find are freighters and tankers...

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2023, 02:13:01 PM »

Black markets, military markets, and salvaging enemy fleets are still good ways to add to your fleet. Commissioning for a faction to access their military markets is a pretty low risk way to get better ships and weapons
Pages: [1] 2 3 4