Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Venture Mk. II Ordo Farming  (Read 8067 times)

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Venture Mk. II Ordo Farming
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2023, 05:55:42 PM »

>everybody saying it's Derelict Operations

Guys why can't it be that I'm just good at building Ventures

Edit to add: just for clarity, I'm being facetious. It is certainly part Derelict Operations. But also this fleet is built specifically to leverage the skill. I don't think you can just slap DO on any fleet and make it better, that doesn't correspond to my experience. DO Gryphons are certainly extremely strong but so are non-DO Gryphons. I figured Venture Mk. II is a strong DO ship because 1) it gets one free D-mod that doesn't affect combat and 2) it has missiles.
I am just very afraid of the hammer. DO is cool...
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2023, 09:46:20 PM »

>everybody saying it's Derelict Operations

Guys why can't it be that I'm just good at building Ventures

Edit to add: just for clarity, I'm being facetious. It is certainly part Derelict Operations. But also this fleet is built specifically to leverage the skill. I don't think you can just slap DO on any fleet and make it better, that doesn't correspond to my experience. DO Gryphons are certainly extremely strong but so are non-DO Gryphons. I figured Venture Mk. II is a strong DO ship because 1) it gets one free D-mod that doesn't affect combat and 2) it has missiles.
I am just very afraid of the hammer. DO is cool...

Oh no worries, Alex said there are probably no more hotfixes unless something like a big crash turns up. You can post strong builds now  :D

Edit:

Guys I want to let you know I was wrong about Venture (LP). I had forgotten the AI can use Proximity Charge Launchers now. This build is sick and performs better in the sim than the Mk. II as well as seems to contribute in real Ordo fights. I'll let you know how it works when I have a full fleet.

I've also come to think maybe the baseline Venture has the highest ceiling of all. Simply because it can get the fighter bay D-mods but doesn't actually have meaningful fighters. So in principle you can get 5 D-mods on it that do not affect its combat ability at all (fighter D-mods + maintenance + cargo holds D-mod). Ideally it is a 1250 armor 14k hull hp (using RB) slow brick with serious firepower for 7 DP. We'll see about that.

Just to check out if it is really good or if it's just my imagination, I installed Detailed Combat Results. It seems that the 3 Venture (LP)s in the fleet do very good. One has topped the chart past two fights.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:38:04 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2023, 05:12:39 AM »

I got my hands recently on a LP venture of my own and i can confirm that proxy charges on them work quite nicely. Considering that the charges are so effective by themselves i just slapped a ion pulser on it to see if leaving ships helpless while you charge them to death is a good idea. It worked alright but was severly sleep deprived and didn't had the energy to poke around with a proper weapon configuration.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2023, 05:27:10 AM »

Yeah this ship is awesome. Not only does it have Proximity Charge Launchers but also a lot of Reapers and serious durability and the ability to charge directly into an enemy's face. I am going to build a fleet of these with the rule that I will restore the hull to get a re-roll of the D-mods if I get structural damage (which shouldn't happen with the R Bulkheads), compromised armor or compromised hull, anything else is fine. That is because I in fact noticed those affect Venture durability significantly. Then I am going to send a fleet of these with Reckless AI into an Ordo with Full Assault.

If that doesn't work, you can use the same layout with regular Venture except the Sarissa, but it should have an advantage in less severe D-mods. FWIW vs sim Radiant both the LP Venture and regular Venture do better than my MkII loadouts, but haven't had a chance to test a full monofleet yet, might take a while.

Another interesting thing might be half regular Ventures in the front line kitted for durability with PCLs to tank, half Venture MkII missile artillery with Broadswords in the back line.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Sly

• Commander
  • Afflicionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2023, 11:28:05 AM »

Spoiler
Do you feel like you should be able to use the same ship that you can buy at any black market for everything in the game? Want to use just one civilian ship for haulin' and busting star fortresses? Need -500 surveying requirements on your Ordo farming fleet? Allow me to recommend the Venture Mk. II, a wonderful ship that can do anything in the game, without needing officers.  sorry it can't fight double Ordos, at least without officers, but you do gain a literal million exp for killing just one I decided to farm Ordos using 225 DP of unofficered Ventures under AI control, and thought I'd share because it's pretty fun.

This is the first thing I've seen all week that made me laugh out loud. Shine on you crazy guy, with your silly, lumbering Venture mk.II fleet.

You find all kinds of fun stuff. I like that.

Thanks! It was fun. I really enjoyed doing something new again. I'll dedicate this next build to you.

Although, believe it or not, my build in the OP which I found grinding and grinding against Radiants in the simulator is surprisingly optimal. I have now spent another day's gaming time budget on trying to improve the build without investing more SP. It's been almost impossible. Here is a list of things I've tried

- Shorter range, more flux efficient weapons
- Literally every single bomber with DTA (this actually works with the Legion, you can get infinite Hammers, but not with the Venture apparently since there isn't enough anti-shield even with Longbows)
- Sarissa
- DTA Broadswords
- DTA Thunders
- Locust + Hammers
- Squalls and HE bombers / Hammers
- Improving the flux stats significantly at cost of range
- Removing Converted Hangar to improve flux stats and guns

None of these have improved the build. At all. In fact it does worse.

I have finally been able to improve it slightly though, taking a cue from the standard overpowered Gryphon build. Compared with the original build I replaced Reapers with Breaches that are linked with the HVDs in weapon groups. This causes the AI to not hesitate using them which improves performance. Additionally I removed Militarized Subsystems for ITU and caps for an IR Autolance to deal more hull damage.

This build can take out Ordos cleaner, with often only a few losses even against strong Ordos, with the same parameters of 25 Ventures and no officers. I think it could take out a double Ordo if only it didn't run out of missiles after killing one, since the start of the fight is usually very clean, even if there are Radiants coming in, so long as you use orders as in the OP. I don't really see a solution to this, though; the main solution is Missile Specialization but I can't have 25 officers.

These Ventures work great as backup though, I have farmed some SP (which I spent on the Legions) using 4 Legions with this fleet and then it's easily a double Ordo fleet when you place the Legions in the front line.
[close]

I've been playing around with breaches and the autolance, too! The damage potential isn't amazing at the start or mid-points of a battle, but if you have some chunky low-tech ships (Like the Ventures here) it starts to shine later on. Shame it isn't a hybrid weapon in a similar vein to the Mining Blaster, we might have an interesting alternative to the Thumper if it was. Kinda has that "hybrid weapon" vibe to it. "Low-tech" energy is kinda grungy in an appealing sort of way.

Nice showcase.

btw it's derelict operootions

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2023, 12:09:21 PM »

you mean deyerict ooperashions?

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2023, 10:00:12 PM »

Thanks guys and thank you Derelict Operations. I'm working on the righteous Venture (LP) Ordo hunting fleet and while it is not done, I'd like to post some intermediate results using Detailed Combat Results. This mod is awesome, thank you Nick XR. No other mods.

These concern 1) which are the best things to S-Mod in, 2) whether HVD or Heavy Needler are better kinetic guns on this build, and 3) whether adding IR Autolance contributes significantly to damage.

Earlier combats showed that installing S-Modded EMR and Missile Autoloader did not significantly affect ship damage output. Therefore I take it as a given that those two should be S-Modded in, since this ship is seriously starved for OP. Heavy Armor is more questionable, because maneuverability is important when using dumbfire rockets. However, without S-Modding in Heavy Armor, OP concerns require using Hammers rather than Reapers, but they might be advantageous anyway due to not having ECCM. The strategy for each combat is defend starting point until battle lines are established, then full assault, and Eliminates on Radiants and Novas. Ships are all Reckless. Also, as an aside, let me say I have gained enormous respect for the SO Apex. It is a terror, definitely one of the more dangerous Remnants. Good job Alex!

Fleet. None of the ships have Compromised Armor, Compromised Hull or Structural Damage due to restore to reroll D-mods rule I detailed above. Any other D-mods are acceptable. Caloris Born and 7000 Lightyears have functionally identical D-Mods.

Test variant 1 (Caloris Born): S-Modded Reinforced Bulkheads, Single Hammers

Test variant 2 (Gegenschein, Tsiolkovsky's vision, 7000 Lightyears): S-Modded Heavy Armor, Reapers

Control variant (all other Venture LP; Venture MkIIs are the Breach variant)

Results, aggregated from 5 Ordo combats using DCR:

10 combats but part did not have IR autolances:

Conclusions
1) S-modding in Heavy Armor seems harmful to close combat performance and it seems better to S-mod in something else, such as Reinforced Bulkheads. The ships with S-modded Heavy Armor only did half of a control ship's Reaper damage, and their Reapers were equal to single Hammers unlike the control.
2) HVDs appear to do more damage in a combat than Heavy Needlers, but the general damage done by these ships does not appear to be greater than the Heavy Needler variant. This could be attributed to S-Modded Heavy Armor, since the Caloris Born was consistently best.
3) IR Autolances make an excellent contribution to overall damage output for their OP and flux cost.

The testing continues. Having concluded Heavy Armor should not be S-Modded in, should test different ballistics next.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 10:02:00 PM by CapnHector »

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2023, 10:15:45 PM »

Scientific update on kinetics!

I now have a fleet of 20 Venture (LP)s with 3 S-Mods. This fleet is strong enough to take out an Ordo under AI control with a full assault order, although it will sometimes lose due to the Ventures chasing a single frigate unless you manually give Eliminate orders. The protocol was to deploy the fleet to a defend point, then issue full assault order, and Eliminate orders to herd in ships that stray as well as on Radiants.

This is the fleet. Funnily enough it has been hard to get the final D-mods in place since the ships no longer get disabled that much. Same D-mod logic as before, Compromised Armor and Compromised Hull get restored, all have RB so Structural Damage does not occur, all other D-mods are fine.

Half have HA S-modded in and half have RB S-modded in, this is necessary to fit in the different kinetics and also I wanted to explore the advantages that come from, say, Arbalest or HAC having a lower OP cost and having synergy with AWM. However, all have the same weapons up to the studied kinetics, and the same hullmods except Arb and HAC also have AWM.

Test group 1 - HVD loadout

Test group 2 - Heavy Needler loadout

Test group 3 - HAC loadout

Test group 4 - Arbalest loadout

There were 4 test groups of 5 ships. All had the same loadout. Arb-4 and Arb-5 were the ships with fewer D-mods. Because one ship could not be deployed at start, I rotated this role among the test groups and ships.

Result from 10 Ordo fights

Conclusions
- No clear superiority emerged among the loadouts
- HVD's higher damage was compensated by the other weapons doing less damage, probably due to greater engagement range, but another factor was not having OP for 2 Reapers unlike the other loadouts, though Hammer in fact did more damage
- IR Autolance was overall one of the weapons that did the most damage in all test groups, but less in the HVD group, probably due to same reason. It seems like an excellent weapon.

Next, I should equalize the D-mods and fight 20 Ordos, since the differences seem to be small. However, it seems like under these circumstances all weapons seem to perform equally well, so I will probably settle on the lowest OP Arb since this might be fitted with ITU / ATG.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 12:15:56 AM by CapnHector »

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2023, 11:51:12 AM »

All right, I have more science. I now have a fleet of 20 Venture (LP)s that are using the above mentioned builds and strategies. All have random D-mods that are not Compromised Armor, Compromised Hull or Structural damage. This was all achieved without any console commands or such, just playing the game, I can tell you it is relatively painless since restoring these ships is cheap and they get disabled a lot until the fleet is almost complete. These 20 Ventures now win vs most Ordos without orders, but vs more difficult ones some orders are still needed.

This data should now be free from artifacts.

Fleet
[close]

Results from 10 new Ordo combats:

Note that the HAC and Arb builds are near the top again, while HVD tends lower. It is likely HVD was better when the fleet was less complete and behaved less aggressively (using more Defend orders and with accompanying missile ships). In aggressive usage where the ships are usually under control of Reckless AI without orders or with Full Assault on it is less good.

Here are the top performers of each ship:

HAC loadout (best overall):

HVD loadout (worst overall):

Arbalest loadout:

Heavy Needler loadout:

(I am almost certain the Unknown High Explosive is PCL damage)

Now, a couple of notes here. The HAC and Arbalest gave very similar results for shield damage and % overall damage and both did relatively little hull and armor damage. I am almost sure the difference between them is due to chance. Note that this ship is overfluxed by the HAC loadout so it may not be able to leverage the HAC to its full potential and the gun might be better with more flux dissipation (in which case it would likely be best overall).

The Heavy Needler did significantly less shield damage than the HAC and Arbalest in these AI fights despite having same range as the Arbalest, and the Venture LP being able to close distance very effectively, even able to hunt frigates with these guns. My theory about this is that the AI can drop shields against it safely, since it does almost no armor damage and fires in bursts. For the most expensive gun it offers mediocre performance.

I think at this point there is enough evidence to say that HVD performs worse on these builds and the likely reason is that it makes the build keep a longer range, reducing the effectiveness of other weapons, for example the Reaper without ECCM. Note that the HVD's shield damage stat is the same as HAC and Arbalest, but the Reaper for example did two thirds or half the damage and IR autolance even only less than half / somewhat more than half.

Now I tried to OCR this data into text form so I could perform proper statistical testing, but I hit problems since neither Excel nor a website could read the data from a picture, and typing all the observations from the fights by hand just to perform a Kruskal-Wallis test would be insane when we can be fairly confident of the result already. However, giving the clear trend for HVD to place lower over repeat experiments, I am fairly sure the difference would be statistically significant with this amount of data. If somebody knows how to import this data to a statistical program let me know though.

Next up: going with the Arbalest, I think I should still test Railgun vs Arbalest. Then, testing whether ITU improves the build or not, and are Reapers better than Hammers.

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2023, 01:38:35 PM »

Giving Apogee IR pulses+plasma with no mobility boost.

The Apogee build I ended up with was using HIL. Despite the soft flux, the higher range won out. In fact measuring these builds by how quickly they can kill the same enemy fleet gives a quantitative measure of which loadout does better.

Not giving low tech at least 6/2 officers, despite there being more high impact skills picks for it(impact mitigation, ballistic mastery, polarized armor, ordnance expert).

All officers are assumed to have 5 skills with 1 elite. This is true for all ships. Sure, I could have all of them have 6/2, or 5/3 or 6/4, but then that assumes the player will take those particular skills (Officer Training and/or Cybernetic Augmentation). If people feel like taking those skills are common enough that they should be assumed when evaluating different ships, sure, I could do that for the next round of testing. But we're looking at differences between ships in effectiveness, and *all* ships would be improved if their officers had a 6th skill or more elite skills, not just low tech. It's not clear to me that Low Tech ships benefit more from a 6th skill than other ships.

No point in "formal testing" if the loadouts or the fleet setups are bad. Part of the game is finding interesting skill+fleet combos, not measuring how fast frigates kill a single hound if they can use nothing but vulcans in every slot.

Testing is based on the best loadout that I could find for that ship, defined as the loadout that can kill the enemy fleet in the lowest time, based on assumptions common to all ships. If you have a better loadout than what's presented, then feel free to suggest one.

If you try to set the Gryphon up like a "normal" ship it'll suck, the AI doesn't know it'll basically never run out.
Most people just don't know know you have to link the missiles for it to work.

So you're simultaneously claiming that it's obvious that Gryphons are overpowered and that most people don't know how to make it work. It's one or the other. If it's obvious, then people would know. If people don't know, then it's not obvious. You can't argue it both ways, especially when the people who go around claiming "oh it's obvious to everyone" are some of the more prolific posters on the forum yet never bothered to make a thread complaining about it.

Not starting a new game and hunting 8-10 officers every time I want to try a fleet composition for 1 battle so pasted the same to every Gryphon.
You have all the info needed and can try it yourself with degraded shields on every ship, result will be the same. Worst case you have to pay a bit of attention and actually try putting the officered ships in a separate group in the front.

The problem isn't that you edited the save in order to test fleets, the problem is that you edited it into a fleet which cannot be achieved in the campaign. It would be like editing your ships to all have 5 s-mods and then claiming that it showcases the extra s-mod of Best of the Best, or making a fleet of [REDACTED BROCCOLI] ships. For it to be relevant, it needs to be something that someone can actually do in the campaign.

And yes as I already posted, I did test Gryphons using DO, with random d-mods, and the results were basically about the same. You get slightly better kill times (~5%), but you pay for it by needing more officers which reduces your XP gain, so it basically cancels out.

The very same guy that started the whole "you can just spam Hyperions and full assualt" joke with his videos, uploaded a few more that removed all game mods that effected ship performance, and reduced his officers' level to 6, (it was at 7 due to mods). The result is he only barely won with three Hyperions being destroyed out of the 12 he sent. The battle required him to play fleet commander the entire time.
It's nowhere near as strong as people have made it out to be, and the addition of delicate machinery is absolutely overkill.

Yeah and thus far from personal experimentation and in the videos I've seen, Hyperions max out at somewhere around 200 DPS or less against Ordos. That puts it in around Eradicator/Champion territory, with the Apogee, Gryphon, Atlas2, and Conquest doing better, and the LP Brawler doing much better (and being the closest analogue). An unofficered LP Brawler with SD did around half the damage of an officered Hyperion, while only costing 1/3 as much -- and no officer was needed.

I certainly haven't seen threads complaining that the Champion etc. need to be nerfed, yet the Hyperion was always the poster child of getting nerfed or worse, indicative of SO needing to be changed. SO Hyperion certainly does well in the early to mid parts of the game, but it doesn't work as well as other options in the late game. That's why to me it's an example of lots of forum hubbub, yet lacking in actual effectiveness.

All right, I have more science.

Yup this is more or less the path that I went down when evaluating different ships and different loadouts, basically testing them against fairly difficult fleets (i.e. double Ordos ended up being my bar, though sometimes it was single Ordos) and seeing how they did via DCR. I use the same enemy test fleet though to remove any effects from the enemy fleets being different, since sometimes the fleet might be really easy or really hard depending on their size and/or weapons and that could skew the results. Obviously though the problem with this is that you're no longer advancing in your playthrough, it's purely fighting the same fleet over and over without accumulating more XP, SP, loot, etc. for it, just the combat results.

Note that DCR currently has a bug with reporting beam damage, which is inaccurate. It generally overstates beam damage but will sometimes understate it. As far as I can tell though non-beam i.e. projectile damage is pretty accurate, i.e. within 1% (probably rounding errors and such). Thus I discard the beam damage part of the results since they're (usually) inflated. So be careful about that with stuff like the IR Autolance. I keep meaning to post about it in the DCR thread but haven't yet.

So when I test loadouts that have beams, I look at the battle time (only works if you're testing against the same enemy fleet) and ignore the beam damage, or I'll just look at the contribution of just the non-beam weapons, and I can infer the beam damage based on other methods. (For example, I estimate a tac laser as doing about 1/3 of the damage of an HVD against hull, so I can look at the ship's HVD hull damage and infer that each tac laser did about 1/3 of that.)

Also, it's a bit debatable (even if the bug is fixed) if a point of beam damage on shields (i.e. soft flux) is "worth" the same as a point of projectile damage on shields (i.e. hard flux). Generally I'd just look at the armor/hull damage component for beams.

I'm surprised you're finding the HVD to not do as well. When I tested HVD vs HAC vs HN across multiple ships, such as in the Eagle thread, the HVD was always clearly better. I tested both all-HVD and all-HAC etc. loadouts as well as a mix (i.e. say, 2 HVD + 1 HAC) to get a direct comparison of the damage, since the same weapons are being installed on the same ships. The results were always that the more HVD, the faster the battle finished, plus the HVD always did more damage than the other weapons when installed in a mixed configuration. Range is simply that important when looking at actual battle performance of weapons, which tends to get ignored in DPS comparisons. Not to mention, the farther away you can start hitting enemy ships, the less they're able to hit you, so you end up taking less damage -- so more of your flux goes toward killing the enemy fleet instead of absorbing enemy attacks.

However, I always made sure there was a clear anti-armor weapon with the HVD. The HVD is good at long-range anti-shield, and pretty decent at long-range anti-hull (due to its high hit strength), but it needs a good long-range anti-armor weapon to make it work. Otherwise the enemy ship would just back off once they got to high flux. So for example, when testing the Eradicator in 0.95.1a, 2 HVD's and 1 Heavy Mauler did better than 3 HVD's, even though the Eradicators already had Annihilators/Breach. So yeah I don't know if it's because there's no long-range anti-armor mixed in with the HVD so that it ends up not doing as well.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2023, 08:05:13 PM »

It is certainly an interesting one that the HVD does worse, and unexpected for me too since I was aware of your previous results! These ships even have range-matched strong HE weapons (PCL and Reaper). But, these being missiles, a longer range leads to possibility of interception or evasion, so that might be part of the reason.

Another thing is the nature of the ship. A Reckless Venture (LP) can, based on my observation of the fights, close the distance very quickly. It can use the Orion device to jump next to the enemy, basically. We are not avoiding losses and are employing all-out aggression, so the premise for testing is different. Also, we only have the two guns and Sarissa for kinetics, so DPS is a significant factor in defeating Remnant shields. It might be that the higher DPS from the other weapons will outperform under these circumstances. Furthermore, there are no range enhancing hullmods or skills, so the absolute range difference is smaller (but I don't think a higher range would be advantageous due to above reasons).

There's also a change in Remnant fleets which themselves are now ridiculously aggressive with the Novas and Brilliants charging in and even smashing into your ships.

What is really surprising is the poor performance of HN vs Arbalest and HAC (no difference or HN worse despite roughly 2x cost). My guess is the bursting nature of the weapon does not work to its advantage here and the enemies can retreat and drop shields.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 08:08:58 PM by CapnHector »

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2023, 10:34:30 PM »

It's not clear to me that Low Tech ships benefit more from a 6th skill than other ships.

Theoretically they do, although this is less about tech level and more about tank type. Shield tanking ships need only one skill, Field Modulation. Armor tanking skills ideally want up to three - Impact Mitigation, Damage Control and Polarized Armor. Similarly, many energy-based ships will skip Energy Weapon Mastery because when you build for range it does almost nothing, while ships using ballistics will always want Ballistic Weapon Mastery, even Brawler LPs would benefit from it.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2023, 12:40:14 AM »

Alright, more tests.

I decided to broaden the scope to also include HMG, LDAC, Railgun. As a comparison I included Arbalest as one of the two best performers of the Mediums. Funnily enough the results suggest the small kinetics outperform the medium kinetics on this ship. The small kinetics permit installing ITU, while I have previously noticed HMG ships underperform what might be expected of the gun because they use it for PD instead of attacking the enemy (the fools). So I installed IPDAI so they do not at least fire at flares. Note ITU+HMG does not fit due to OP constraints though it would be interesting.

LDAC build:

HMG build:

Railgun build:

Arbalest build:

First off, the fleet is stronger generally and no longer needs any orders. This is convenient for objectivity and also because it speeds up testing. So all test is just deploy all ships without orders (I used one Defend order once which was needed to group the ships to meet 2 Radiants).

Here are the results from 10 Ordos, and they speak for themselves. RG and LDAC are clearly strongest, no need to retest:

Strongest RG ship:

LDAC:

Arb:

HMG (note the pitiful damage dealt by the HMG itself, it is almost as good as no weapon, but it probably encouraged the ship to get closer improving performance for the others):

Next, I plan to test LDAC + AWM and RG + ATG vs LDAC + ITU and RG + ITU. If the theory about range being a detriment is correct, the AWM/ATG versions that have less range should actually perform better.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2023, 08:38:05 AM »

New results!

Also, this fleet is looking about strong enough to take out a double Ordo already, but I will post such a combat in a new thread when this is fully optimized.

Summary: these results show that for this agile ship with reckless AI and dumbfire missiles and no orders, it is better not to put in an ITU, quite interesting. Also, LDAC is unexpectedly the best kinetic.

Again, vs 10 Ordos, this time with no orders the entire time since the fleet keeps getting stronger and the ships no longer need any, I tested 4 x groups of 5 Venture (LP). The setup was LDAC + AWM + ATG, Railgun + AWM + ATG, LDAC + ITU, Railgun + ITU.

LDAC + AWM + ATG loadout:

LDAC + ITU loadout:

RG + AWM + ATG loadout, note OP concerns necessitate S-modding in Heavy Armor:

RG + ITU loadout:

Result, 10 Ordo combats merged. It is frankly clear from this result that LDAC + AWM + ATG is the best loadout with no further testing needed as there is no way 3 of that loadout would end at the top by chance. ITU vs AWM+ATG on the railgun appears to be a wash or possibly in favor of the ITU.

Top exemplars of each loadout:

What these results appear to be showing is that ships with ITU keep more distance (is the likely explanation for decreasing efficiency of other weapons with ITU), interfering with damage from Sarissa and the other weapons despite increasing damage from the kinetics, which is not desirable here.

Next up: LDAC + AWM + Caps vs. LDAC + AWM + ATG vs. LDAC + ECCM + Caps vs. LDAC + Caps.

Edit: Next test result. ECCM appears to be stronger than the other options, although the differences are not obvious after 10 combats.

The layouts:
LDAC + AWM + ATG:

LDAC + ECCM:

LDAC + AWM:

LDAC + all Caps:

Test result. It is not at the top, but note ECCM dominates the above average group. It also opens increasing possibilities such as Breaches so I will test it further next.

Best of each kind:

Next up: LDAC + ECCM + Reaper vs LDAC + ECCM + Hammer vs LDAC + ECCM + Breach vs LDAC + ECCM + Sabot
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 11:54:28 AM by CapnHector »

OmegaMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2023, 08:19:47 PM »

CapnHector,  Could you write down the venture loadout in text?  I can't tell by the icons and I can't decipher the acronyms :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5