Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803712 times)

Kurzak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)
« Reply #2760 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »

I'll have to do some editing due to what will fit and what will not fit into the campaign description windows. With the fighters for example, they don't show up in the Codex and only have a small window that you can't scroll through, it just cuts off the description. So, I have trim some of these descriptions to fit without losing the essence of it.

I noticed the Radar special ability isn't in the Codex. The ability that's featured on the Nebula.

How do you want me to get you a copy of this file when I'm done?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:35:39 PM by ProwlingMule »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 26, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »

Ah yeah, that was what i was about to suggest. :)

The fighters do show up in the codex, though. however, you need to filter them out amongst the other ships. The buttons at the end of the codex are very handy indeed for this. :)

Kurzak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: January 26, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »

ya, not sure how I missed that. I didn't cut out much anyway.

have you considered adding some ships with that hi-tech (tri-tachyon)-ish look?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:12:52 PM by ProwlingMule »

Kurzak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »

This is what I had in mind:

My first sprite, as you will see my influences are the hi-tech tri-tech.

Spoiler
1) Click on this inspirational music by Cycerin: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32517861/tri-tachyon%20theme_2.mp3

2) Description: Every Ultra-capitalist society has its own special interest groups. This yet unnamed sect believe the Tri-Tachyon hierarchy have grown a little soft. Welcome to the dark side :)
[close]

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 27, 2013, 03:13:17 AM »

Heh, well, we do have a set rule that no kitbashes are indeed allowed. This is mainly there to make the distinction between the two universes. Oh, and also, the TT don't exist here, but are rather portrayed nicely by the CDF and Tholian Directive. :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 02, 2013, 04:28:07 AM »

Okay then, i've got about 60% of the current ships and weapons description-sorted, now for the remaining 40. :)

Mordet

• Ensign
  • BidiiBidiiBidiiBidii.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 14, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »

I've been playing this mod for a little while a I realized that the Griffon-Class Frigate is an absolute beast! I've been wiping the floor entire (read 4 rows of triangles) fleets with it and it only!
Actually, I think that the problem is more about the Spark Plug Laser. I mean, 188 sustained DPS for 31 FPS is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, you could say that the range makes it a poor choice a primary weaponry but the griffon's very high speed makes this a viable option. and if you actually add two ion cannons then it's game over for any and everything that crosses its path. The instant the shields go down, even for a second, and the targeted vessel gets shut down! after that, it's only a matter of time until I see the carcass of... well whatever I was fighting!
Anyways, I Just wanted to address that point. opinions anyone?

Sandremo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 15, 2013, 01:02:16 AM »

Hmmm this looks pretty interesting... might give it a go... The first post seems pretty old but do you guys still need "Mod testers". Dont really know anything about modding so testing might be the only thing i could do. xD

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 15, 2013, 05:04:21 AM »

I've been playing this mod for a little while a I realized that the Griffon-Class Frigate is an absolute beast! I've been wiping the floor entire (read 4 rows of triangles) fleets with it and it only!
Actually, I think that the problem is more about the Spark Plug Laser. I mean, 188 sustained DPS for 31 FPS is ridiculous. I mean, yeah, you could say that the range makes it a poor choice a primary weaponry but the griffon's very high speed makes this a viable option. and if you actually add two ion cannons then it's game over for any and everything that crosses its path. The instant the shields go down, even for a second, and the targeted vessel gets shut down! after that, it's only a matter of time until I see the carcass of... well whatever I was fighting!

Hmm, yeah, i'll need to rebalance it a bit. Luckily, i have just enough time, so i'll dedicate some of it for rebalancing. I am most likely going to increase the flux of the pulse laser to about 100 FPS, being the light weapon it is, and it does have a short range.

Hmmm this looks pretty interesting... might give it a go... The first post seems pretty old but do you guys still need "Mod testers". Dont really know anything about modding so testing might be the only thing i could do. xD

Well, mod testers are quite abundant right now, sorry! Albeit we do need every player who wants to download it to download it! If you want to provide feedback, feel free to do so! We're always in the need of feedback, such as the example above. :)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 04, 2013, 09:44:33 AM »

Hmm, yeah, i'll need to rebalance it a bit. Luckily, i have just enough time, so i'll dedicate some of it for rebalancing. I am most likely going to increase the flux of the pulse laser to about 100 FPS, being the light weapon it is, and it does have a short range.

Well, mod testers are quite abundant right now, sorry! Albeit we do need every player who wants to download it to download it! If you want to provide feedback, feel free to do so! We're always in the need of feedback, such as the example above. :)

I was wondering if the most recent build prone to some bud related to the purchaseable mods? I bought the Recon pack as a Tholian Directorate member, and I've not seen the "recon Mod" in my refit screen at all. I've held onto it for 3 tiers of vessels now and not seen it. Even sold it and rebought it a couple times. Still no dice.

Also, is the Caedus supposed to be so outnumbered? They struggle to field any constant force.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 05, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »

As for the recon packs, they're hullmods, which only enable you to equip them onto ships, meaning that they won't show up in your inventory, only will be available to be mounted on any ship, as long as you got the package.

As for the CDF, that is a bug. They're also supposed to have big fleets, but somehow, the code got jammed. Need to fix that ASAP, sorry for all of you CDF hunters out there ;)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 10, 2013, 01:16:27 PM »

As for the recon packs, they're hullmods, which only enable you to equip them onto ships, meaning that they won't show up in your inventory, only will be available to be mounted on any ship, as long as you got the package.

As for the CDF, that is a bug. They're also supposed to have big fleets, but somehow, the code got jammed. Need to fix that ASAP, sorry for all of you CDF hunters out there ;)

I believe I've the alpha one installed, I notice Tholian Directive can't seem to equip the recon pack, I.E I purchase it but the mod isn't made available on a particular ship

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 10, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »

Hmm, that would be a bug then.

What ship are you trying to equip it on? And is it that ship local, or does the recon package work with no other ships?

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: March 10, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »

Hmm, that would be a bug then.

What ship are you trying to equip it on? And is it that ship local, or does the recon package work with no other ships?

Last time it was the Tholian Directive
, same faction this time, different vessel tho. Before Cerulean-Class, this time Diety-Class .
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 188