Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803650 times)

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see. (DEMO 2)
« Reply #825 on: June 05, 2012, 02:19:22 PM »

is there anything you want to point me at or am I just bug hunting?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2012, 02:22:31 PM »

Vanilla balance. Faction to faction balance (the ships), and bug-hunting! :)

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

Hello i would like to say that your mod looks awesome and i could be a game tester. Since i dont have the most high end computer i could be an example for the people who dont have great computers. If you dont need me to test because you have to many its okay, i will still play the mod
 :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »

Hello i would like to say that your mod looks awesome and i could be a game tester. Since i dont have the most high end computer i could be an example for the people who dont have great computers. If you dont need me to test because you have to many its okay, i will still play the mod
 :)

Well, feel free to test out the more demanding battles! And vanilla balance, ofcourse! And feel free to sign up for the forums, that way you can keep up-to-date quicker, since we devs frequent those forums more! :)

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:13 PM »

:( Something bad happened. I dont know if this is with you guys but as soon as i downloaded this file it was instantly a notepad. Like how its supposed to be a compresed zip file instead it had the notepad thing next to it. If this has happened to you any idea how to fix it?

Unwoundpath

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 05, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »

After downloading, right click on the file, click "open with" and find winrar/winzip or whatever you use.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 05, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »

After downloading, right click on the file, click "open with" and find winrar/winzip or whatever you use.

Yep, that's the correct way to open it, if you don't have winrar/winzip, you can always use 7-zip, equally good in terms of unzipping, slightly better in terms of zipping.

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 05, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »

Ok i finally was able to fix it, thanks guys for the advice. Now my friend wants me 2 play civ 5 with them so i cant test your mod. Honestly if this comes out the way you guys are hoping Alex should have it on the game when you install it.  :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 05, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »

Hah, if only. We could always hope and dream about it, though ;)

And let's hope he tests it out aswell :D

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 05, 2012, 07:24:28 PM »

Dear Balancers of the Project CAEULUS Mod. I have some things i would like to say about some of the ships. The mineflayer varient (i dont remember the ship) has 2 burst lasers, 2 swarmers and i think some kind of rocket pod. I found this ship nearly impossible to kill because it moves so fast and its capacity is too high. Like this thing is harder to kill then a purifier ship from Uozmoz's mod. I think that it is a excellent idea to make a near impossible to kill frigate because we need something to tank up the damage. But i still think it is unfair because once campaign comes in this ship will be unstoppable. If you put antimatter blasters and 2 harpoons this thing will easily slay destroyers by its self. So im thinking that you make it have like 3 small energy mounts and it will be like that. Or you can keep it this way and have the FP at about 10 or have its op be very low so you cant give it stuff that is too good. Also I have one question to ask. WHERE ARE ALL DA MISSELZ!?!??!?!?!?! When i was playing everything had only energy mounts or only ballistic. i think i saw only different ships with missels and those werent very good missles. Because when i was playing with the blue faction ships (whos name i have also forgot) they had tons of frigates. But they had no missles. I would happily trade that medium energy mount for a couple of missles and an extra small energy mount. And for the lag i found it was really bad because of the size of the battle. But still maybe we could add some missions with little groups of ships because that is more like the campaign. Well once there is a update i will stop playing this mod. It was fun and i have done my job in this so far. Hope you can fix some of this stuff.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 05, 2012, 07:41:15 PM »

We don't have too many missiles in game at the moment. So that might be why.

Legacy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 05, 2012, 08:01:52 PM »

You can still use some of the other missles cause it takes forever for just guns to kill ships.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 06, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »

You can still use some of the other missles cause it takes forever for just guns to kill ships.

Yeah, there will be ships with missiles later on, since as of now, they have none. I'll sort that out a bit, though. And that minelayer frigate will be fixed, thanks for those reports .:)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 06, 2012, 03:38:32 AM »

Damnit, why won't the goddamn tesla coil sound work! >:(

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 06, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »

Damnit, why won't the goddamn tesla coil sound work! >:(

Finally! I've fixed this error once and for all! :)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 188