Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803532 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starfarer will ever see. (Alpha 1) *NEW!*
« Reply #2715 on: December 28, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »

Ah, ofcourse. Knew i forgot something. Ohwell, , here goes! :D

Code
Changelog, caelus Alpha 1 Patch 1.01
Added: Black hole generator + sprite
Added: Radar system
Added: Cluster Mine System, Built-in for the ardent.
Added: New sound ping system (for detection of enemy ships, but it has no new sounds, aside from the old pin g sound, but in different pitches.)
Balance:
Buffed SD (Sidus Dim) forces overall, increased flux capacity
Nerfed CDF forces in general (aside from the CDF battleship, who got a slight buff to it's HP)

Changed:
Weapon balance has been revamped a bit, though not majorly at all.

Happy playing! :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:30:48 PM by Upgradecap »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Soooo, no feedback? :c

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

I'd rather plan on what we should do once you hit 5000 comments, which wont take long i presume.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

D:

But but but....

Feedback is wanted for this mod!!! :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Can't expect feedback from a small community just a few hours after release. -_-
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Well, perhaps not. But have you played it so far?

sini002

• Captain
    • View Profile

i did give you feed back  :)

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile

those ferrian ships still only cost between 100 and 1000 credits and they only need 1 crew too

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Huh, that's weird, i thought i had addressed that...

Huh.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Did this mod get forgotten or somrthing? :c

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

I think we're all caught up in the patch notes, Ascendency, Ironclads, (all of which are being updated with stuff, especially Ironclads)or generally other games.  It's right after the steam sale, you know.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Oooh, right. I totally forgot that >_<

Jazwana

• Commander
    • View Profile

hmm, lets see, feedback/bugs seen:

1) The Tholian phase destroyer is more or less impossible to kill, it can phase with no flux penalty so you bring it to 95% soft flux and then it sits there phasing in and out. Using the ship system needs to have a flux penalty. Also maybe phase ships coming out of phase on top of a fighter can kill fighters with their hull? I think this is a global bug not mod related, or I interpreted what I saw incorrectly.

2) As above, the Ferrian ships other than fighters are all 1 crew / 50 credits (or so, basically 2-3 orders of magnitude too low...)

3) Maybe more of a feature than a bug, but it is veeery hard to start out and not lose your first few ships due to the few pirates, copious hostile fleets, etc.  Basically spawn rates and fleet-size balancing should be looked at, some races tend to dominate while others end up with zero fleets alive.  Fleet points may need to be adjusted due to character development too.

4) mod_info.json is out of date, still shows it as the Demo 5 version.  I believe I'm playing with the updated patch but definitely with at least alpha 1.

5) Otherwise, not a bad update! Still a fun mod to play around with.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 12:25:50 PM by Jazwana »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Great time for that lengthy feedbacj, jazwana! I was just messing around with the desc. Sadly, i do not yet know how to correctly balance our version of the phase ships, as they use the phase system as a secondary system to allow them to have shields.

As for the phase ships killing frigates and fighters when they un-phase on top of them..
Hmm, that's really weird. I'll have to see if it's mod related or global.

Yeah, I'm going to adjust the spawn rates a bit (again). Though I'm more inclined to say that the difficulty is more of a feature. :)

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If you give a chargecount to the phase, that could work. So you have 5 seconds of phase or whatever, with 20 seconds to fully regenerate the phase charge. Dunno how possible that is though
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 188