Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Sidus Dim
The CDF
The Ferrus
The independents
The infection
The farmers
The Tholian Directive

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 188

Author Topic: Project CAELUS ,the biggest project starsector will ever see. (Alpha 1)  (Read 803656 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Okeedokee, I'll fix the system map, thanks!

EDIT:
9 planets, huh?  That's...a lot.  The system's going to be a *** at this rate. ::)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:12:11 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheMessiah

• Captain
  • Captain of the Sidus Dim
    • View Profile

Yes, but I don't think we need 9 planets for the demo atm.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Yes, but I don't think we need 9 planets for the demo atm.
Almost done, though fitting in the rest of the planets later on in the demo is going to be hard.  The asteroid belt is at 10,000 distance, just about as far as Corvus V is from Corvus.  That's FAR. ;D
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

Can we add a feature so that after x amounts of km travelled and if you don't have any enemies chasing you, you're able to go inte to "hyperdrive" or something which triples your movement?

TheMessiah

• Captain
    • View Profile

Also I'm gonna try make some music tomorrow, if you never hear about this again it probably didn't go very well.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Can we add a feature so that after x amounts of km travelled and if you don't have any enemies chasing you, you're able to go inte to "hyperdrive" or something which triples your movement?
As far as I know, maybe.  If it's been a certain time since a battle, you could start a hyperdrive.  Like if you lose a battle, you gain the 50% extra speed. You could, in theory, make a delay of sorts if you win or lose a battle, giving you a, per say, 100% speed boost.

Oh, and on the bright side, the whole system is MOSTLY done, though Komori extends past outside the map grid.  It's still accessible, without the fancy grid though.

Some moons have to be adjusted, planet rotations adjusted, and various other little details.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

OK, I've one last grudge.  The CDF base isn't a moon base, technically.  It's hovering right next to the moon, but I can't fix that. so, yea. ;D

TheHappyFace

• Admiral
  • The critic
    • View Profile

As far as I know, maybe.  If it's been a certain time since a battle, you could start a hyperdrive.  Like if you lose a battle, you gain the 50% extra speed. You could, in theory, make a delay of sorts if you win or lose a battle, giving you a, per say, 100% speed boost.

Oh, and on the bright side, the whole system is MOSTLY done, though Komori extends past outside the map grid.  It's still accessible, without the fancy grid though.

Some moons have to be adjusted, planet rotations adjusted, and various other little details.

cant you just adjust the grid sprite present in the starfarer data :P
just enlarge it would enlarge it into the game too,
although then you would extend the mod past the mod folder :/
Fractalsoftworks limited edition ban hammer.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

That's my problem, I can't find the grid in the graphics file. ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

That's my problem, I can't find the grid in the graphics file. ;D

Well, you can't adjust it. :D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

The neutral faction is ready to be included in the mod. To do so, look at the dropbox in https://www.dropbox.com/home/Project%20Caelus/Thaago%20temporary/Neutral%20Mod

This includes just the new files: neutral.faction, NSpawnPoint.java
And modifications to: SectorGen.java, Corvus.java

If you are running demo 4, simply replace the files you currently have with those files.

If the most up to date files (for demo 5) have been modified beyond what they were in demo 4, I included a readme with instructions on how to update SectorGen and Corvus.java to include neutrals.

Features:
They are hostile only to pirates.
4 types of neutrals: Traders, Trading Fleets, Mercenary, and Revenge Armada.

All fleets spawn on the left side of the system, and despawn at one of two locations on the right.
Traders and Trading Fleets will go to one of the orbital bases at random (presumably to trade) and then head to the right to despawn. They do not carry any cargo, but could if people want (and the command would be changed from GO_TO to DELIVER).

Mercenary fleets will go to a random orbital station and defend it for 30 days.

Revenge Armadas head towards and attack the pirates home planet (Eudora B) for 30 days.

Faction color is gold.

Let me know how it goes, I had no idea how many ships to include in the fleets for balance so I just guessed.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Aww. mods to SectorGen.java?  Damn it, all my planet works goes to waste. ;D
Anyway, if this gets implemented, because it sounds really promising, I'll have to modify the planets code part of the SectorGen.java.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile

The modification to SectorGen is literally 1 line, just setting the netruals hostile to pirates. When we make demo 5 just drop it in at the end, it won't interfere with anything you've done. Subversion is looking better and better...

[EDIT] Oh, but the NSpawnPoint does rely on the pirates spawning at Eudora B for the revenge fleet to make sense, and needs the names of the orbital stations to stay the same. It those change its a really easy fix though. :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

The modification to SectorGen is literally 1 line, just setting the netruals hostile to pirates. When we make demo 5 just drop it in at the end, it won't interfere with anything you've done. Subversion is looking better and better...
One line?  That's it? ;D
Anyway, the new sector generation is on DB.  Once Demo 5 gets out, replace the SectorGen.java (and add the necessary bits of Thaago's code if you wish for his bit as well) and start a new game to see it.

DarkerThanBlack

• Ensign
  • void
    • View Profile

... Subversion is looking better and better...

GITHub for the win!  :D
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 188