Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (SPOILERS) Any way to mainpulate Coronal Hypershunt drops?  (Read 2780 times)

JeffCheesy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi everyone!
So, I spent a few days trying to generate seed with 4 exact Doritos, 2 with Rift Cascade Emitters, 1 with Rift Torpedo Launcher and 1 with Reality Disruptor. 2 times I was successful, but 1st time I only got 3 large omega weapon drops for some reason, and 2nd time Coronal Hypershunts changed their locations and enemies inside (I double checked the seed)
After all this suffering I want to know:
1) Is it a way to manipulate Doritos drops without console commands?
2) What logic Coronal Hypershunts use when they are generated?

eert5rty7u8i9i7u6yrewqdef

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: (SPOILERS) Any way to mainpulate Coronal Hypershunt drops?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 11:47:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure salvage bonus effects weapon drop rates.

Sorbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 07:16:13 AM »

Does it? It specifically says "but not rare items like blueprints'. Omega weapons seem to be rare enough.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 04:27:10 AM »

The salvage bonus is used in the randomization algorithm if I remember correctly. It doesn't increase the number of omega weapons.

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 11:51:05 AM »

Does it? It specifically says "but not rare items like blueprints'. Omega weapons seem to be rare enough.
They do, but they're also weapons, and the algorithm does effect weapons recovered. Maybe at Alex.
I always max out my salvage bonus, and I always receive 4 large Omega weapons.

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 05:44:29 PM »

Somewhat of a tangent but I need to get this off my chest: I got 3 reality disruptors. 3! I was really looking forward to trying out the improved rift torpedo but I didn't get any, just 1 vpd and 3 reality disruptors.
TL;DR deez nuts

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 09:14:08 PM »

So I was testing the weapon drops and definitely got different weapon drops depending on my salvage bonus, but not any significant difference in total numbers.

I only tested against one omega fleet (2 Doritos).

With the salvaging skill and 8 salvage rigs I got:
1 large, 7 medium, 6 small

With just 8 salvage rigs I got:
1 large, 6 medium, 6 small

With 7 salvage rigs (one mothballed) I got:
1 large 7 medium 5 small

With the skill and no salvage rigs (all mothballed) I got:
1 large, 6 medium, 7 small

With no skill or rigs I got:
1 large, 7 medium, 7 small (the most out of any of my tests)

So it seems the salvage bonus value does not directly affect the number of weapons (there is not an increase in weapons with higher salvage bonus), but having a different salvage bonus does re-roll the outcome. I think the weapons were always different if I changed my salvage bonus, but the same if I re-did the battle with the same bonus, I would get the same outcome.

So I guess the best thing to do is to bring as many salvage rigs as you can fit, and then re-play the fight, with one more salvage rig mothballed each time to essentially re-roll the loot once for each additional salvage rig, then pick your favorite outcome.

I never got 2 large weapons in any of my tests, not sure if that is hard-coded by the seed or something.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2023, 10:47:14 PM »

Weird. I've always seen a 100% drop rate on the large omega weapons; never had a case where there were two of the enemy ships but I only got one large weapon. (Lesser weapons are, indeed, somewhat annoyingly random.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2023, 10:22:14 AM »

So I was testing the weapon drops and definitely got different weapon drops depending on my salvage bonus, but not any significant difference in total numbers.

I only tested against one omega fleet (2 Doritos).

With the salvaging skill and 8 salvage rigs I got:
1 large, 7 medium, 6 small

With just 8 salvage rigs I got:
1 large, 6 medium, 6 small

With 7 salvage rigs (one mothballed) I got:
1 large 7 medium 5 small

With the skill and no salvage rigs (all mothballed) I got:
1 large, 6 medium, 7 small

With no skill or rigs I got:
1 large, 7 medium, 7 small (the most out of any of my tests)

So it seems the salvage bonus value does not directly affect the number of weapons (there is not an increase in weapons with higher salvage bonus), but having a different salvage bonus does re-roll the outcome. I think the weapons were always different if I changed my salvage bonus, but the same if I re-did the battle with the same bonus, I would get the same outcome.

So I guess the best thing to do is to bring as many salvage rigs as you can fit, and then re-play the fight, with one more salvage rig mothballed each time to essentially re-roll the loot once for each additional salvage rig, then pick your favorite outcome.

I never got 2 large weapons in any of my tests, not sure if that is hard-coded by the seed or something.
Only 20% of the salvage bonus applies to post battle salvage at 8 salvage rigs with the salvaging skill, you only have 100% salvage bonus, which translates to 20% salvage bonus at the end of the battle. So, it's not much if a difference but theoretically could be the difference between 1 or two large drops. You are seeing a change in the weapons dropped based on salvaging skill, so I have to assume it does factor in. Given the drops are the same for the same salvaging skill, I also have to assume the drops use the world seed for rolls.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2023, 06:54:34 PM »

I got more weapons with no salvaging bonus at all than I did with maximum salvaging bonus, so I am fairly confident that the bonus is not directly affecting the drop rate of of omega weapons. I am pretty sure it is just something to do with the RNG seeding using the salvage bonus somehow so that you get a different outcome each time, but the expected number of weapons seems to be the same, no matter the salvage bonus. Something like that anyway.

Weird. I've always seen a 100% drop rate on the large omega weapons; never had a case where there were two of the enemy ships but I only got one large weapon. (Lesser weapons are, indeed, somewhat annoyingly random.)
I did notice that both doritos had the same large weapon (it was the big red missile), so maybe that had something to do with it?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2023, 08:03:56 PM »

I did notice that both doritos had the same large weapon (it was the big red missile), so maybe that had something to do with it?
Maybe! I've also never seen them roll the same weapon, so that could be it. Might be worth bug-reporting it, actually.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2023, 08:10:43 PM »

Made a note, this sounds like a bug, yeah. The salvage bonus does not - or at least should not - affect the weapon drops, and it should *definitely* not change them.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 07:34:53 AM »

Hi, just came here to ask if there are any tips to figure out how to affect the drops of certain omega weapons. I'm currently trying to get at least 2 rift torpedos for my ziggurat build but I tend to only get 2 reality disruptors and 2 rift cascade emitters from the past couple of new games I've been making.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2023, 12:05:03 PM »

Hi, just came here to ask if there are any tips to figure out how to affect the drops of certain omega weapons. I'm currently trying to get at least 2 rift torpedos for my ziggurat build but I tend to only get 2 reality disruptors and 2 rift cascade emitters from the past couple of new games I've been making.

If it is helpful, I have one vanilla saved game that happens to have gotten 2 Rift Torpedo (I think one from each Shunt). MN-4326242480375400216.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2023, 12:13:48 PM »

Recently, I fought two Tesseracts at a hypershunt, and both had Volatile Particle Drivers, but only one dropped instead of two.  So far, killed four Tesseracts from both Hypershunts, but only got three large weapons total (one Volatile Particle Driver, one Rift Torpedo, one Reality Disruptor).  Have not fought the Omega bounty yet.

If you have not fought the Omega bounty yet, it is possible to "reroll" the bounty.  Save before taking the bounty, accept it, fight the bounty.  If the Tesseract fires a large weapon that you do not want, reload and wait (several months probably) until the bounties reroll, then Omega bounty gets offered again with a different fleet.

One time, the first Omega bounty I rolled up (which had a Radiant) and the VPD, and I did not want it, and my fleet was not strong enough, so I reloaded.  Another year or so later, my fleet is stronger and I did more bounties until Omega bounty got rolled up again.  Saved before accepting.  Turns out the Tesseract had Reality Disruptor, and there was no Radiant in the fleet.  I reloaded.  I plan to try again at Arroyo later for another reroll.  I really want a Tesseract with Rift Cascade Emitter, but none dropped yet in my game, so I plan to reroll the bounty until the Tesseract spawned has a Rift Cascade Emitter.
Pages: [1] 2