Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98]

Author Topic: Starsector 0.97a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 174897 times)

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.97a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1455 on: March 29, 2024, 04:18:55 AM »

following this topic; will there be an opportunity for us to choose which faction we start in the tutorial? I would like to start in Tri-tach territory and just have them ask us to put down a pirate fleet amassing in Donn

Honestly, that's a bit outside the scope of Nex; it assumes you've played through the vanilla tutorial at least once (and even has an option to skip the current Galatia storyline entirely, partially because Nexerelin far predates the addition of story content to Starsector). The current faction starts just let you get down with things, and the console is there if you want to customize your starting relations post-tutorial (and you can edit what ships are available in the tutorial start by either editing data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/player.json in Nexerelin's directory, or creating one in your own mod to supplement the list!

---

Anyway, as a bug report, I only just noticed recently: in .97-RC11, the lpp_JangalaEnter1 text in rules.csv has for some reason been wiped completely. Previously, the entry read:

Code
lppJangalaShrineDesc1,DialogOptionSelected,$option == lpp_JangalaEnter1,ShowImageVisual luddic_shrine,"The reception lounge is filled with parties of Luddic pilgrims in traditional handweave led by subcurates in ritual hand-washing. A glance upward reveals the true cleansing: a battery of air-purification units caught in a tangle of murmuring ducts.

Foliage presses itself almost sensually against the outer viewports, letting in only dim light. The plant life seems to twitch, liquids oozing over the panes from cracks in bladders and tubules, leaving rivulets cutting across flaking encrustations. Between the zeal of the foliage and hand-crafted charm of Luddic engineering, the place feels distinctly worrisome compared to the environmental containment you are accustomed to.",lpp_jangalaShrineDesc2:Continue,

In .97-RC11, though, it just reads:

Code
lppJangalaShrineDesc1,DialogOptionSelected,$option == lpp_JangalaEnter1,ShowImageVisual luddic_shrine, ,lpp_jangalaShrineDesc2:Continue,

Not quite sure how that happened, since it looks unintentional (with the empty section just in front of a comma), but that's how it is in the current build of the game and it does result in an empty block of text during the initial Jangala visit.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 29, 2024, 05:14:41 AM »

Anyway, as a bug report, I only just noticed recently: in .97-RC11, the lpp_JangalaEnter1 text in rules.csv has for some reason been wiped completely.

Agh, that sucks! Fixed in dev, thank you.

w00d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 30, 2024, 04:14:32 PM »

Hello

i got this message

Failed to retrieve latest Starsector version
(SSL.HandshakeException):
- Current : Starsector 0.97a-RC11

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 30, 2024, 07:32:41 PM »

Hmm - there are some alternate download links here (below the buttons), probably worth trying those. All of the downloads seem to be working fine for me, though.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: April 02, 2024, 03:12:49 AM »

I've played around with the new update for a while. I love it.

I mean, it's still disgusting to have the fun police as usual, and it's a regular frustration with every update, but the new additions at least help with dealing with the sour taste of it.

I'm really hoping for the Abyss to get more content in the future. It really looks promising.

And man, I absolutely adore the fat buff that the Storm Needler got. Finally it's a viable weapon.

Skill tree changes are great too. No more need to dump 70% of skill points into technology tree just so I can unlock Neural Link and Automated ships at once.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 09:17:20 AM by Wapno »

Nettle

• Admiral
  • supplying bad takes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: April 02, 2024, 05:57:11 PM »

I mean, it's still disgusting to have the fun police as usual, and it's a regular frustration with every update, but the new additions at least help with dealing with the sour taste of it.

I'm curios about this bit. Some balance changes you didn't like? Do you mind elaborating on it?

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: April 08, 2024, 07:08:55 AM »

I'm curios about this bit. Some balance changes you didn't like? Do you mind elaborating on it?

I think it has to do with the nerfs to both Cyclone Reaper Launchers and Proximity Charge Launchers.

You know, 2 weapons that were vastly overpowered in their respective categories.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98]