Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harbinger Loadouts (for AI use)  (Read 1293 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Harbinger Loadouts (for AI use)
« on: May 09, 2023, 12:35:25 PM »

Anyone got any suggestions here? This ship is just not working out for me at the moment - certainly not anywhere near worth its 18DP cost.

Admittedly, I don't have the Phase Coil Tuning skill, but I'd like to think the hull's at least usable without that...

(Also haven't s-modded anything; not spending story points on a ship I'm not convinced is worth keeping in my fleet.)

Again: I'm looking for loadouts for AI use. I've got a quite nice flagship already, and it isn't the Harbinger. So, for example, do not suggest butt-torpedos; the AI can't use that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Harbinger Loadouts (for AI use)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 12:45:17 PM »

If you're lucky can get your hands on a cryoflamer, I've left one with two hblasters in the hand of my aggressive officer harbinger and it's yet to die and does a pretty solid amount of work. It can still get into trouble but only when it tries to solo a redacted capital. Else just the usual two hblasters+ion pulser variant works a treat. My fleet is quite high tech and fast though, so that probably contributes as it fights alongside my tempests and medusas
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 12:56:39 PM »

I gave my AI ship two Ion Pulsers and one Heavy Blaster (and two Mining Lasers because I wanted to fill the rear mounts).  Max caps and the rest in vents.  Had Hardened Subsystems and ITU for hullmods, at least.

AI can use Harbinger competently now.  It will not attempt (and fail) classic assassin behavior.  It will brawl like it should.

EDIT:  Gave ITU to Harbinger because officer had Systems Expertise, and I wanted gun range to be close to boosted Quantum Disruptor.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 01:00:42 PM by Megas »

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 01:13:27 PM »

2 ion pulser, mining blaster, 2 burst pd lasers, that other phase hullmod that's not anchor. Works fine. Definitely worth 18 dp, especially with an officer.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 09:01:16 PM »

2 ion pulser, mining blaster, 2 burst pd lasers, that other phase hullmod that's not anchor. Works fine. Definitely worth 18 dp, especially with an officer.

I second this but I would add ITU because the AI has a tendency to Quantum Disrupt in the 600-700 range, so the effect is sometimes already over by the time 500 base range weapons get to fire.

It's tight on OP though. I'd much prefer if the ship went back to 20 DP and got 5-10 more OP instead.