Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18

Author Topic: Project Titan  (Read 124064 times)

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
Re: Project Titan
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »

I gotcha.

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to decide between blurry and undetailed.

I could sketch some really big ships and give them overlays but detailed desk top sized ships is time consuming work.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »

I gotcha.

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to decide between blurry and undetailed.

I could sketch some really big ships and give them overlays but detailed desk top sized ships is time consuming work.

I'll go with scaled-up vanilla ships for now. I'd like an *awesomize* filter on gimp. There ain't :(.

EDIT:

The best thing would be an awesome and huge work of kitbashing. But I'm not the expert on the board. I never tried.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:26:06 PM by Uomoz »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 04:40:53 PM »

So I can quite tell from your video. How exactly are doing weapons? Not visible at all? What about massive turrets?

Anyway, I did a thing. I'm just asking because I'm wondering if it needs weapon 'mounts' like a regular ship.

http://imgur.com/vMNXq

Getting more intricate is doable, this was just a quick 'what-do-you-think-of-the-idea' typeofing.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »

Don't touch my PeWees.

Man you bring me good memories.

Weapons: working right now on invisible imprecise light PD rotary cannons, small to med turrets as the main broadside weapons (as in the video) with sprite and everything, swarm missiles racks (symilar to the videos but quite a lot faster to compensate against the appereance of PD), and 2-3 super weapons mounts (very diverse for each Titan). Guns don't strictly require slots for the sprites.

Anyway, about the image: idea OK (TA fanboi here), I hope it will fit with the Korra blurry style, otherwise I can't guarantee it'll go in.

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2012, 05:04:20 PM »

Well I can do more of these, with more detailing that just raising a few surfaces, and use a few different textures if you want.

(<3 PeeWees)

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

Uomoz, you've got an interesting concept here for a mod. Big ships need more love! ;) When watching your sample videos, I could practically hear Admiral Ackbar saying, "concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!"
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »

Uomoz, you've got an interesting concept here for a mod. Big ships need more love! ;) When watching your sample videos, I could practically hear Admiral Ackbar saying, "concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!"

Happy you like it Duke! That's the same feeling I got when I playtest. :D

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

So I can quite tell from your video. How exactly are doing weapons? Not visible at all? What about massive turrets?

Anyway, I did a thing. I'm just asking because I'm wondering if it needs weapon 'mounts' like a regular ship.

http://imgur.com/vMNXq

Getting more intricate is doable, this was just a quick 'what-do-you-think-of-the-idea' typeofing.

*has recently been playing several 5-hour long games with a friend on TA*
*clicks img*
*sees CORE world texture*
'Is that-? Nah, probably not'
*rest of img loads, CORE emblem appears*

YAY~

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »

for big ship there already big ship you could scale u pa bit that would really impact quality....

exemple : The Joyeuse class of CFS mod! :D http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=643.0 ( scroll down to see it )

or

Nihil Super dreadnaught http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=224.0 ( under massive spoiler )

but as always ask before use ;D

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »

With ships so big could you mount a frigate on one of those mounts so that it would fire it's own weapons? *hints at the "ships that shoot ships" thread*
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

With ships so big could you mount a frigate on one of those mounts so that it would fire it's own weapons? *hints at the "ships that shoot ships" thread*

As I read your post, my tired brain wacky-parsed it such that I had a mental image of the Starfarer version of those nested Russian babushka dolls. Imagine a capital ship that fires a cruiser, which in turn fires a destroyer, who launches a frigate that deploys a fighter that gives you a mere love-tap with some harmless creampuff of a gun that does just one and only one damage point, period. I think I need to get to bed earlier tonight. ::)
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »

It sounded like we may get a demo mission to play around with, but it seems like that's not the case. :/

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »

I will get back to this, eventually. Right now I'm struggling trying to implement some stuff in Uomoz's Corvus :(.

Keep on believing!

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »

So, are these going to be humoungous frankensprited ships?

VikingHaag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:57 AM »

I definetly dig this titans idea, i think Alex could do something along the same lines as godzilla, earthquakes or giant spiders were for SimCity - sometimes a titan would enter the star system alone and it would take an end-game fleet to take it out... maybe. Now imagine taking it out and actually being able to board it. but needing like 300 marines with losses :D

Mate you'd more likely need a full fledged invasion force to storm that titan.
I'd bet it has like 50000 crew, so 20000/25000 marines should do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18