Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Miscellaneous small 0.96a suggestions  (Read 297 times)

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
Miscellaneous small 0.96a suggestions
« on: May 08, 2023, 08:29:28 AM »

I’ll start:

- Inverting the behavior of shift-strafe button should set the default strafe lock mode to enabled if used in tandem with the strafe lock toggle. Or, the strafe lock setting should be remembered between battles.

- The hidden cache in Sentinel is currently a valid random exploration mission target — not sure if that’s intended or not.

- FMR recharges way too fast on the Pegasus IMO (and also has too many charges when considering the Pegasus specifically), it’s actually kind of hilarious with hurricanes + system specialization. I’d consider changing the system entirely and maybe even adding an innate missile fire rate nerf to the ship.

Edit: current state of Pegasus also severely limits the design space of modded missiles. Basically any large missile that’s guided with a long cooldown becomes OP.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:34:51 AM by float »

PsychoThruster

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Miscellaneous small 0.96a suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 09:56:48 AM »

I guess I'll be the one to say I'm not a fan of dem missiles the way they are implemented. I think they trivialize pd and make every other selection subpar. I'd have preferred getting a new "missile strike" order that you could assign ships to that caused them to dump their missiles into a target, reducing of the cool down for harpoons and the like to a second or two, and fast missile racks/autoforge replaced with a "reserved munitions" system which has charges based on hull type and reloads all small/medium missile systems after 20-30 seconds during which those mounts are offline. I would then increase the op cost of dem missiles except the graviton type, and make them a synergy specific mount and unable to occupy regular missile slots and cost some flux to fire.