Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Appro-Light 1.1.2 (Authorized Translation)  (Read 7396 times)

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Appro-Light 1.1.2 (Authorized Translation)
« on: May 01, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »

The Appro-Light Council
Mod by: Originem (Original Fossic Post)
English Version Download Link: Google Drive

Requires 0.95.1 versions ofLazyLib, MagicLib, GraphicsLib

Adds the high-tech Appro-Light Council faction to the core worlds, located in the Agustin system located approximately near Duzahk. Their ships have an incredible variety of unique systems, hullmods, and weapons - to the extent that trying to describe it here would be a veritable wall of text (Ludd knows I already have a wall of text in the "Main Content" section...)
Faction lore:
Spoiler
After the Collapse, at the end of the First AI War, a small group of Tri-Tachyon employees accidentally discovered a technological black box during an expedition towards the Orion-Perseus Abyss, the main content of which was the specifications for a "Deuterium-Antideuterium Reactor"; in addition to some conceptual technical data with mysterious alien technology that was seemingly incompatible with this universe's laws of physics. The employees agreed that none of them would report the discovery to their superiors, and formed the "Illuminati" to begin parsing it in cooperation with some of the artificial intelligences that had secretly and illegally left the corporation's network. Their progress was extraordinarily slow at first, but after decades, the "original man", Truth Originem, joined and gave a major boost to their research - behind the scenes, of course.

During this long period of time, some of the members of the Illuminati rose in their careers, became rising stars among Tri-Tachyon's employees, and even took to the political arena. By coincidence, Truth Originem, who was caught in the political upheaval, ending up becoming the CEO of the Danae Project, which was the ostensible leader of the Libra Accord Committee, transferring all of the Illuminati's resources to the Agustin system. But Truth Originem's ambition went beyond Tri-Tachyon's imagination: with the assistance of some Tri-Tachyon insurrectionists, he colluded with Ouroboros, the former governor of a Hegemony colony. Taking advantage of the Second AI war, he severed the superior-subordinate relationship with Tri-Tachyon. The terrible regime known as the Appro-Light Council was quietly created overnight, and with the support of their allies, the Foundation of Borken, became a truly powerful dictatorship with highly sophisticated technology.
[close]

Ship Preview(large image warning):
Spoiler
[close]

Main Content(wall of text Warning):
Spoiler

Unos Station
-Must be commissioned/allied with Appro-Light and have at least Friendly relations to access.
-If you have less than 50 supplies, once a month you can request a small amount (100) of supplies.
-On the 7th of every month, you can meet with the Speaker and improve your relations with him by bribe- err, donating credits to him.
--At 30 relations, you can get missions to hunt the Immortal-Light Front, with rewards including, but not limited to, Prime Blueprints, Prime Parts, AI Cores, in addition to Gil.
--At 100 relations, you are rewarded with a special clone officer with an additional skill for free.

Clone Officers
-All Appro-Light officers have a ~33% chance of being replaced by a clone. They come in various "models", affecting their special (free) skill, Thread Synchronization, which improves their ship's flux performance.

Gilbert's Requisitions
-Can be contacted via the comms directory at any Appro-Light colony.
-After applying for a card, purchase Prime parts, AI cores, high-grade weapons, etc. with Gil, exchanged for credits or earned by doing missions for Truth Originem.
-The relationship with Truth Originem also determines the level of the card, which in turn gives you a discount: at the maximum relation level, you are given a level 5 card, with a 20% discount.
-The (ordinary) exchange rate of credits to Gil is 1000:1

Chaos Rift
-Located in the upper-left corner of the Agustin system, guarded by Immortal-Light's fleets.
-Visiting the rift allows you to construct Prime ships from Prime blueprints and the requisite Prime parts.
-Immortal-Light's fleets will scale with the player's strength and over time infinitely.

Blade of Conviction
-The forces of Keel Higgs, will continually refresh Advance Sin-Cleanser fleets to attack Immortal-Light at the Chaos Rift, provided the Higgs fleet still exists. Their doctrine is (almost) identical to Immortal-Light's.
-Immortal-Light fleets will drop Contaminated Wreckage, which can be sold to Keel for credits and to gain relations.
-At Cooperative relations with Keel, they can "purify" the Immortal-Light Isomery of a ship in your fleet once per month.

Dynasty Seeker
-After acquiring any Prime part by any means, obtain the mission "Invitation from the Dynasty".
-After completing that mission, on every odd month a Secret Prime Meeting will occur on a random non-hidden market, where you can contact the Seeker to trade your Prime parts for AI cores, blueprints, or other Prime parts.

Mysterious Lockbox
-Purchased for an exorbitant sum at an Appro-Light bar, finding the password and unlocking this strange thing rewards you with the blueprint for the Doctorate-class battleship.

Mist Broadcast Bombs
-Once you are neutral or higher to Appro-Light, you can spend a few story points at the abandoned Breaking Mist Generator to acquire a factory which lets you produce bombs which take effect on the campaign level.

Laplace Conversion
-Requires Diable Avionics.
-At a Diable bar, you can convert a Pandemonium-class dreadnought (and 800,000 credits) into an Appro-Light version.

Spectre Pioneers
-Every 15 days, if the Spectre Pioneers do not exist (or have been destroyed), they are spawned to patrol the Agustin system.
-This fleet has some special variants it can use, and provided its flagship has not been salvaged, it will always be captained by the same person, with a special flagship: Tenshi, and the unique Scholar of Iniquity.

Exile Outpost
-A silent fleet orbiting Imhotep.
-Inspired by a certain Appro-Light fanfic (Fossic link)

Cyberpunk Bartender Action
-Located in the bar at Spectre Nest, Jill somehow arrived in the Sector. You can talk to her to learn more about Appro-Light.
-The crossover was authorized.
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler
TBA
[close]

Proof of Authorization:
Spoiler
[close]

Credits:
DeepL: machine translation software
The Unofficial Starsector Discord for letting me bounce their ideas off of them and offering suggestions

And of course:

Originem for making the mod (and also offering helpful advice too, for that matter)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:18:55 AM by MrMagolor »

Indnvrkn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Appro-Light 1.1.2 (Authorized Translation)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 08:52:35 PM »

YEEESSSSSSSSSS, you have no idea how long I waited, praying to the starsector gods, to update this mod. Thankyou sooo much.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 08:08:58 PM »

Where does this faction sit on the power scale anyway?  ???
I'm guessing... high?

KCR

• Lieutenant
  • If it's not fun, why bother?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 01:23:07 AM »

I'm guessing... high?

Well, last time i have seen Approlight (like, 2-3 years ago) they were comparable to other High-Tech factions, like Polaris or ScalarTech, maybe just a little bit stronger. As of now, well... I see there are a lot of new stuff to discover, so i think the scale has shifted to be more like IX Battlegroup from Arsenal Expansion. And that's without Approlight+ and Foundation of Borken... In any case, the return of Approlight will be an insane addition to my next session, it's good to see this gem of a mod back.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 06:18:31 AM »

I'm guessing... high?

They're actually quite balanced now, about as much as vanilla high tech. Of course, the special/unique content is powerful but that's something of a given.

KarlPh1sher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 12:39:38 AM »

Can't wait for the 1.2 ver. ;D

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 12:02:09 PM »

Can't wait for the 1.2 ver. ;D
You can blame a certain tournament which started before 1.2.0 released for that (should be just another week or so by now)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 08:44:29 PM »

Is the balance exactly the same as the Chinese version or has there been any changes for the forum release? I'd rather have it as untouched as possible.

Thanks for your hard work.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 10:23:08 AM »

Is the balance exactly the same as the Chinese version or has there been any changes for the forum release? I'd rather have it as untouched as possible.

Thanks for your hard work.

I did not change any statistics whatsoever in the mod (or any of my translated mods for that matter). As far as the actual numbers go, it is identical to the Chinese version.

Thecrippler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 10:24:24 AM »

hot damn FINALE all i need now is Plus then i can start all over  8) ty ty ty

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 06:56:24 PM »

Is this and Plus working with .96?

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 11:58:16 AM »

Crash on custom tooltips, similar to how DME did.

MrMagolor

• Lieutenant
  • So-called translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2023, 03:18:15 PM »

Crash on custom tooltips, similar to how DME did.

I'd also like to add that an update for 0.96 is unlikely until the Chinese translation for 0.96 itself is finished, as Originem is directly involved therein. And since 0.96 includes a lot more text over 0.95 (mostly tied to the new quests)...

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2023, 11:14:41 AM »

Any chance we see 1.2.0 for 0.95.1a? Or is this essentially on hold until a 0.96 version is released?

Selvaria

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2023, 10:41:55 AM »

0.96 is out :)
Any progress on the update?
Pages: [1] 2