Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Tri-Tac Special Circumstances - V 0.9 03/30/24  (Read 114873 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
  • Tri-Tri-Tri
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Tri-Tac Special Circumstances - V 0.9 03/30/24
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2024, 04:46:27 AM »

I'm basically gonna copy paste a message I left on another thread early which just goes to show how common this is.--
"I really like the ships but I find that there is a ton of blue ships already now, but more importantly different ships in this mod are different colors of blue, like 5 different colors of blue, so I don't feel they are uniformed as a faction when blue ships can already be mistaken as TT, [Redacted] or something else. "

Take a look at this mod for example that also has 5 colors of blue ships. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=29337.0

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2024, 06:28:07 AM »

Hello there thank you for checking in.
I'm basically gonna copy paste a message I left on another thread early which just goes to show how common this is.--
"I really like the ships but I find that there is a ton of blue ships already now, but more importantly different ships in this mod are different colors of blue, like 5 different colors of blue, so I don't feel they are uniformed as a faction when blue ships can already be mistaken as TT, [Redacted] or something else. "
I used all vanilla assets when I kit bashed the ships for this faction. Essentially I got tired of trolls complaining on discord about how I use Spiral Arms assets in my other mods so I figured I'd play it safe lol :) Anyway the colors in these ships are the same as used for Tri-Tachyon since TTSC is a sub faction of them.
Take a look at this mod for example that also has 5 colors of blue ships. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=29337.0
Well I cannot say for sure but it looks to me that VladimirVV used a lot of vanilla assets as well (after making so many ships over 4 factions I have quite an eye for spotting them now :)) ). It does seem some of them were darkened to a more Indigo and Azure blue which does vary them a bit more but I wanted to keep TTSC pure vanilla.

I do hope you are enjoying yourself in the game and if I can help with anything else please feel free to further the correspondence.

geminitiger

• Commander
  • Tri-Tri-Tri
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2024, 06:54:23 AM »

I do hope you are enjoying yourself in the game and if I can help with anything else please feel free to further the correspondence.
Thank you sir for your reply. I'd just like to say that I really love that hammerhead-ish and doritish-ish color scheme with the dark blue trim, it's amazing.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2024, 07:13:17 AM »

Thank you sir for your reply. I'd just like to say that I really love that hammerhead-ish and doritish-ish color scheme with the dark blue trim, it's amazing.
Excellent! This was my latest faction mod so I tried to use all that I learned about kit bashing to make the pieces fit just right, glad to hear you like them.
Enjoy!

geminitiger

• Commander
  • Tri-Tri-Tri
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2024, 05:47:03 AM »

Played a run and a half with this mod, very good stuff, especially if you can find the blueprints for the weapons and ships.

Got a question though, with the mod Ironshell, it and Hegy form an alliance on day1 of every playthough.

With TT and TT-SS it's kinda like maybe maybe not, personally, I'd love to see an forced alliance like Ironshell has with Hegy.

cheers

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2024, 08:12:41 AM »

Played a run and a half with this mod, very good stuff, especially if you can find the blueprints for the weapons and ships.
Hello there thanks for leaving a nice comment. I did make their top tier weapons less accessible as they are almost as good as Dorito weapons but yea if you can afford to build them they are some of the best beams in the game. I am especially happy to hear you like the ships, I spent a good amount of time trying to make sure they looked proper.
Got a question though, with the mod Ironshell, it and Hegy form an alliance on day1 of every playthough.
Timid has Ironshell hard coded to like Hegemony and vice versa no matter what and that is a design choice that I can respect as it aligns with their in internal lore. I felt it better fit TTSC's lore of being the black ops boys of the corporation that they would not be like the blindly loyal enforcers like Ironshell but rather a way for TT to keep up the less savory research and testing. Since Hedgemony and the Ludds forced TT to "give up" AI research this gives the corp a cut out to blame it all on TTSC if things go south and they can keep their hands clean.
With TT and TT-SS it's kinda like maybe maybe not, personally, I'd love to see an forced alliance like Ironshell has with Hegy.
I could hard code them to stay allies, I have that for Hiver to always be always be enemies (same code but reverse). However, personally I am all about player choice and putting it into the player's hands if they want TTSC and TT to be allies. They start off as allies and have closely aligned morals so if you play as either you can make decisions to keep them aligned if the game tosses some random nonsense that knocks it out of alignment like some random wedding event.
cheers
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment, I do hope you find my reasoning acceptable. 
Oh and um sorry for the TLDR, I tend to do that. :)

geminitiger

• Commander
  • Tri-Tri-Tri
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2024, 03:53:56 PM »

re: Alliance.

Freedom is one of my personal ultimate highest values in real life and while gaming, however so is balance. In a game where a player has added a few dozen factions to their game their is going to be a lot of lovely chaos, but not really balanced chaos. And in this case TT becomes kind of a weak faction, considering things like a Hegy/Ironshell and Ludic Church/Knights of Ludd. Both of which are automatic, and opposed to TT and add to that several random alliances, and TT becomes an easy prey. I restarted a game several times recently and my take away was that TT could use a certain ally in a largely modded sector, yet usually dies alone. I'd think that one of the greatest contributions TTSC add would be to restore that balance (from my perspective). That said a mod author should definitely follow their own plan for their own creation, just adding in my thoughts on your reply.

Another interesting solution would be a way to break the guarantee of any factions being allied, but that is outside the scope of this mod.

Best regards.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:43:22 PM by geminitiger »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2024, 07:53:07 PM »

re: Alliance.

Freedom is one of my personal ultimate highest values in real life and while gaming, however so is balance. In a game where a player has added a few dozen factions to their game their is going to be a lot of lovely chaos, but not really balanced chaos. And in this case TT becomes kind of a weak faction, considering things like a Hegy/Ironshell and Ludic Church/Knights of Ludd. Both of which are automatic, and opposed to TT and add to that several random alliances, and TT becomes an easy prey. I restarted a game several times recently and my take away was that TT could use a certain ally in a largely modded sector, yet usually dies alone. I'd think that one of the greatest contributions TTSC add would be to restore that balance (from my perspective). That said a mod author should definitely follow their own plan for their own creation, just adding in my thoughts on your reply.

Another interesting solution would be a way to break the guarantee of any factions being allied, but that is outside the scope of this mod.

Best regards.
I am glad you understand and respect a mod author's vision. Personally I play as a low-tech neutralist but I wanted to take a take a stab at forming a high-tech faction since JYD is low tech and CFT is mid tech and well though Hiver is high tech they do not really count. Making a faction that was initially allied with TT but could fracture if outside forces came to bear seemed to make more sense to me as TT is an amoral corporation focused on greed and power over loyalty. I understand your reasoning and to a degree I do agree, I just felt TTSC's internal lore would not jive with undying fealty like Iron Shell.

Perhaps someone could make a ship pack with more powerful high-tech ships for TT like Luddic Enhancement does for the church. Anyway, thank you for the follow up and kind words. Enjoy!

AdamLegend

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2024, 07:13:01 AM »

For support with Nexelin, could you make this faction start in an alliance with the normal Tri-Tac faction? It's the same thing that Iron Shell & Knights of Ludd does (Greater Hegemony and Church of Galactic Redemption alliances)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 07:15:13 AM by AdamLegend »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2024, 07:53:13 AM »

For support with Nexelin, could you make this faction start in an alliance with the normal Tri-Tac faction? It's the same thing that Iron Shell & Knights of Ludd does (Greater Hegemony and Church of Galactic Redemption alliances)
Hello AdamLegend, thank you for inquiring.
For thematic reasons I had decided to not go that route as TTSC are the black bag sneaky sneaks that Tri-Tac can plausible deny if the Ludd or Hegemony come sniffing. They do start off as close friends and have the same diplomatic profiles but Nexerelin really loves to toss monkey wrenches into the game like random events such as marriages and the like that pull relationships out of sync. I feel that if a player chooses to play as TTSC then it is up to them to either let the winds of change toss relationships around or to take direct action to counterbalance.

The main reason I made yet another mod, Tri-Tac Expansion https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=30322.0, was in response to a similar question asked by geminitiger a few posts above. My last remark was "Perhaps someone could make a ship pack with more powerful high-tech ships for TT like Luddic Enhancement does for the church." and that got stuck in my head so I thought why not me! :)

TTSC is a playable faction where the player has a choice whether or not to support TT. TTE is a buff to TT that puts them on par with players who have enhanced faction mod installed like Iron Shell for Hegemony, Luddic Enhancement for the church, Kazeron Navarchy for the Persean League and Diktat that not only has Enhancement but also an entire re-write with Phillip Andrada Gas Station Manager.

Sorry for the TLDR but essentially I have it baked into TTSC lore that they are a separate entity and to address the inequities that TT suffers I went and made yet another mod to address them. I thank you for checking in and I do hope my reasoning makes some sort of sense and in a way that address your query.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]