Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hegemony Defense fleet  (Read 3212 times)

Dx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hegemony Defense fleet
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »

How do you killing it now? Easy? Without losses?

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Hegemony Defense fleet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:38:02 PM »

Depends on the ships you have
and luck with the capturable waypoints, if they get the three onslaughts out I normally loose some

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

A whole buttload of fighters. I have like 5 piranha wings and like 2 Dagger wings. I also have like 4 wasp wings and a few heavy fighters just to help build up flux. One strike on one of their Onslaughts is usually enough to either seriously cripple them or even destroy them. I also have my own personal capital ship. Its a paragon so i just go in and do clean up. Go in with lots of supplies and a few carriers and that's all you really need. After that, things get kinda weird though. Lots of pirates and Tri-tachs start hanging out around the orbital station.

Mattk50

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 10:45:45 PM »

my fleet that operates at 150 fleet points (with an atlas to carry the extra supplies needed to run it) can take down a hegemony defense fleet about 50% of the time with zero to little losses. Though, depending on the stars i can still lose if they get them out too quickly and such.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 12:46:59 AM »

I'm wondering if the AI controlled fleets have fleet limits, and if they consume supplies for the fleet upkeep. From what I see, that defense fleet should have close to 200 or even more fleet points, with 3 Onslaughts, captured Paragon and a plethora of lesser ships  - what's its upkeep cost? Shouldn't it land or dock periodically to resupply?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:27:50 PM by figvam »

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 12:58:38 AM »

fleet limits are defined in the .faction file on a fleet by fleet basis.

and yes, NPC consumes supplies just like the PC does and resupplies when needed.

Dx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »

Hmm. Paragon with plasma makes even that fight easy-mod 8)
Even the Onslaught cannot stand it 8)

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »

My paragon just gets outranged and overloaded when I try that.. Lance lance lance.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:32 AM »

My paragon just gets outranged and overloaded when I try that.. Lance lance lance.

+1.

plasma, as is, is pretty bad on capitals due to the nature of capitals drawing alot of fire to itself for just being there.

it's really only good on the sunder, which can just sneak in, toss a volley then sneak out to vent, but then this really is only a player strat since the AI would rather stick around and slug it out.