Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Diluvion  (Read 331 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Diluvion
« on: November 27, 2023, 04:03:42 PM »

It's on a crazy steep sale right now & I realized I didn't actually have a copy on Steam so I got it (again) plus bought the DLC that just gives you a PFD to show the devs some love
I can't play it without thinking about starsector. its so hypnotic and pretty, and i just find floating around the void to be incredibly relaxing. The game bombed & killed the studio when it came out, but while descending/ascending when your ship levels out at about a 65 degree tilt if you wiggle your nose side to side your ship will continue to angle into a full straight-up or straight-down dive making you plummet in what may or may not be movement tech and, there's just something about navigating the gameworld that to this day scratches an itch deep within my brain
Got put me on this earth to be a boat & this game has done it better than any other. I think it's one of my all-time favorites. Wish it did better.
Did anyone play this little gem?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Diluvion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 12:17:46 AM »

Well it truly is a gem, never heard of it mentioned anywhere until now. Yet it looks cool as an idea. Massive discount on Steam (from 20 Euros to 2, holy moly) so I'll get it even though it seems the reason for mixed reviews are bugs and crashes. So I suppose it didn't do as well as you'd liked because it wasn't finished properly?
Please don't take me too seriously.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Diluvion
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 11:39:18 AM »

yeah it's a little janky. most of the jank is in UI & menu navigation, but aside from a couple of quests bugging (which IIRC were fixed a long time ago, i was able to beat the game just fine just now) they don't affect the actual gameplay much. it's just very obviously an early studio's game -- sort of thing you can tell if they had had a shot at a follow-up game would've been ironed out
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then