Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Just Another Low Quality Weapon Tierlist  (Read 7060 times)

dynafire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Just Another Low Quality Weapon Tierlist
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2023, 09:11:34 AM »

I know HIL has less pierce than tach, but I just can't scoff at triple the dps against armor. I would love buffs though, it's a beam that wants to fire all the time but physically can't.
For the record, I'm not claiming it's better: I'm claiming that it's not so much worse that you should just ignore it.

Yes, it's not that much worse..  And I really want to like it and use it, but I really can't seem to find a fit where it's actually better.  I think it comes closest on an Odyssey, where you can fit two - and it's able to outflux many shields..  But still, even in that case, dual tach seems to work better..  Otherwise you have to pair it with either some kinetic, or another ship that breaks the shields for you.  But say on a champion, which can fit 2 medium kinetics, tach also seems better..  And if you're going to pair a shield breaking ship with a heavy HE ship, then your HE ship could be a mora with 3 tridents/daggers, and HIL can't compete with that..

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2023, 10:43:00 AM »

You're 2 days early for April Fools
Fortunately you're just in time  :).

High Intensity Laser being buffed from 1.0 efficiency to 0.8 efficiency in the coming update means sustained fire is going to be easier. It also places it solidly ahead of the Hepheastus Assault Gun.

HIL in the update is going to have slightly higher DPS, less flux cost, greater range, and higher hit strength than the HAG for the same OP. The only reason you're not taking a HIL over a HAG is the different slot types.

Dudok22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2023, 10:45:33 AM »

"One who scoffs at Tactical Laser have not faced 20 of them."

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2023, 10:47:26 AM »

HIL in the update is going to have slightly higher DPS, less flux cost, greater range, and higher hit strength than the HAG for the same OP. The only reason you're not taking a HIL over a HAG is the different slot types.
Man you decided to left out the two key differences. HIL deals soft flux, and has waaaaay slower turn rate. If we're going to compare weapons willy nilly there has to be consistency.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2023, 10:50:25 AM »

Tactical Lasers are the worst weapon in the game.

Until your shields drop.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2023, 11:44:56 AM »

If you can bring 20 tactical lasers on one enemy ship then the battle is already won and you're mopping up.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2023, 11:48:17 AM »

I've faced 20 taclasers and lived before, it's a common thing when facing high tech in a XIV ship - small lasers just reflect off any decent armor brick.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Lortus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2023, 01:43:49 AM »

Very questionable tier list. Very cool.

Ripmorld

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2023, 05:39:25 PM »

Squall not in got tier is just sin lol, as it isn't about *just* taking armor to hull and HE , it actually does emp damage as well. And AI tends to hate that and will put up their shield to take the shield damage. For long range to hit destroyers and frigates you do want ECCM , other than that it is almost flawless. It also have I think one of the largest ammo pools for large missiles , comparable with locusts

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2023, 05:03:16 AM »

It's true though? MkIX is a solid weapon. The only problem is that you really want to put it in a hardpoint so the only ship you'll ever really use it on is the Dominator.
With recoil reduction from both Gunnery Implants and Armored Turrets, accuracy is acceptable on turrets.  With both on a hardpoint, the inaccuracy is mostly gone.

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2023, 06:31:42 AM »

hephag buff pls
Pages: 1 [2]