Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: shipyards/drydock etc  (Read 758 times)

neo1874

• Ensign
    • View Profile
shipyards/drydock etc
« on: March 29, 2023, 05:32:12 AM »

Now that i have gotten into the game is there a way to pin point someplace i want to go...like a shipyard location etc? I ready need a shipyard to repair my fleet.

Many thanks to whoever responds.

John

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: shipyards/drydock etc
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 05:47:46 AM »

...every market has a shipyard where you can repair your ships, be that repairing hull and cr damage (for which you need supplies) or dmods (for which you need money)

neo1874

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 06:02:31 AM »

Sorry I am not being clear here. I have a ship with mods that states "can only be repaired at a dockyard" is there a way to find one?

Thanks
John

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 06:12:34 AM »

Every single colony and habited space station has a dockyard. If you're in the outer parts of the map, open the map and see which core worlds are closest to you (the centre of the map), then literally fly out to any non hostile station/planet which has faction colours on it.

There isn't a need for "locate stations" button since the core worlds are all named and have dozens of places where you can repair. If you're in the middle of nowhere, well passive repair will take some time but it will do the exact same thing as a quick station repair. Unless you're talking about restoring ships (removing d-mods), which shouldn't be an urgent matter.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 06:28:41 AM »

Sorry I am not being clear here. I have a ship with mods that states "can only be repaired at a dockyard" is there a way to find one?

Thanks
John
those are dmods, and thos can also repaired at any market, but you need to go into the refit screen while docked, go to the ship in question and then press the "restore" button in the lower left. Note that this will cost money, quite a bit of money in fact, more than a new hull of the same type in fact.

the only free way to get rid of those is with one of the capstone industry skills that removes dmods over time

neo1874

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 07:46:57 AM »

Finally! thanks Jackundor

Not a Pirate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 08:46:24 AM »

Or you can pay to have them repaired in the ship fitting screen, but that will cost you A LOT of cash compared to the price of the ship.