Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Your One Ship  (Read 5584 times)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Your One Ship
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2023, 10:37:24 AM »

I'm going to start a new playthrough momentarily, Daynen, and I'm going to be on the lookout for that Monjeau.  This current version of Starsector has made me a believer in Accelerated Ammo Feeders.

Try it with the "split chamber" mod.  It's literally a permanent ammo feeder effect that cuts the projectile damage by 40% and STACKS with the ship system ammo feeder.  You lose a little initial armor penetration but those vertice cannons on the monjeau become miniguns.  BRRRRRRT4LYFE

Tellaris

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2023, 10:02:08 PM »

Ah, I prefer what I suspect to be a fairly unpopular pick...
But for me, I'm just a sucker for the Eagle. I don't care if it's XIV or not (though it's bonus if it is) I always go for my Eagle cruiser.
I don't even use a particularly special loadout for it or anything. 2x IR PD (rare) 3x Tac Laser, 3x autocannon, 2x Harpoon MRM. I usually add some extra systems if I have extra OP (such as allowing the tac lasers to act as PD). But I just keep coming back to this sucker.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2023, 06:41:28 AM »

I rarely buy ships with D-Mods until pretty late in the game when I can afford to fix them right away, and by that point I'm not hurting for ships. I like taking what the game throws at me until then. The ships I'll always add to my fleet once I can find them are a non-degraded Enforcer at the earliest, and further into the game either a Sunder or an Afflictor. I don't think I have a favorite. It used to be Doom, but now it's slower and I don't like playing stationary. I'll still always buy one because of how hard it can turn the tide. You're not afraid of anything in a Doom. Two stray Radiants catch up to you some place, that's two Radiants less bothering the universe. Okay, I changed my mind, it's still the Doom.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2023, 08:40:03 PM »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2023, 10:08:11 PM »

militarized kite. i dont know why, i cant stop myself, i just stick hammers on it & kill onslaughts and its so fun
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2023, 12:51:06 AM »

Lasher... very simple ship but damn it can do so much and its ammofeeder allow it to punch so hard for its size and price

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2023, 04:20:15 AM »

Low tech for life. But I really enjoy the Medusa.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »

Lasher... very simple ship but damn it can do so much and its ammofeeder allow it to punch so hard for its size and price

Ammo feeders go HARD.  Any ship with an ammo feeder automatically gets a second look from me, even if it's otherwise seen as terrible.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2023, 06:19:31 PM »

Ammo feeders go HARD.  Any ship with an ammo feeder automatically gets a second look from me, even if it's otherwise seen as terrible.

Yeah each ship with ammofeeder can at least be a glass canon that deliver the killing blow/ bring massiv flux toa  target.

Lasher brawler(lp) Eradicator Atlas MK2

Lucky Bastard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2023, 01:18:41 AM »

Just Doom, I love stealth fleets and it just the wrecks everything. My last playthrough I played only phase ships and almost forgot how to use shields.

Zordiark Darkeater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2023, 02:18:02 AM »

So, what's your One Ship? What do I mean by One Ship? Well, I'm glad you asked (even if you didn't). Your One Ship is the ship you'll always go for. That, for whatever reason, you grab as soon as you can get it.

So what's yours!

The biggest one with the Most guns.

Im a simple man all i want are HP, Armor, Dakka and a ship full of Waifus.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 02:25:04 AM by Zordiark Darkeater »

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2023, 05:35:44 PM »

For me, it's the conquest for vanilla ships.  A nice blend of speed and firepower is always a winning combo, but the thing about it that I don't see anyone talking about is the that it's just about as effective flying backwards as forwards, meaning you can engage with the fresher engine armor tiles if your nose(s) have been pushed in already, making the conquest a lot tougher than the stats would suggest.

For modded however, the undisputed king of the void is the quetzalcoatl (and hatchling as well) from Kingdom of Terra.  Just the list of features it boasts should make that obvious.  Extreme speed, flexible broadside firepower, huge missile capacity, an ammo feeder that works for energy weapons too, multiple emp emitters, segmented body for stacking defenses...

I could go on, but to list all the perks it has would make this post obnoxious to read.  If you can work with its slippery flying style, then it's a ship that best experienced rather than told about.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2023, 08:54:10 PM »

For me, it's the conquest for vanilla ships.  A nice blend of speed and firepower is always a winning combo, but the thing about it that I don't see anyone talking about is the that it's just about as effective flying backwards as forwards, meaning you can engage with the fresher engine armor tiles if your nose(s) have been pushed in already, making the conquest a lot tougher than the stats would suggest.

For modded however, the undisputed king of the void is the quetzalcoatl (and hatchling as well) from Kingdom of Terra.  Just the list of features it boasts should make that obvious.  Extreme speed, flexible broadside firepower, huge missile capacity, an ammo feeder that works for energy weapons too, multiple emp emitters, segmented body for stacking defenses...

I could go on, but to list all the perks it has would make this post obnoxious to read.  If you can work with its slippery flying style, then it's a ship that best experienced rather than told about.

Heh.  Reminds me of the newfoundland from ED shipyard.  Ever been tailslapped by a space train?  THAT'S funny.

Engineer455

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2023, 09:00:29 AM »

Onslaught.
I don't care if it's expensive to maintain in the early game, I love my lovely orange deathbrick.
oh and I saw that one guy mention using proximity mines, gotta try that out at some point.
Honestly my only issue with it is finding weapons to fit to it.
I ran with three Hephaestus' once, and I remember that being fun, will need to try it again when I can actually find three of the things.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2023, 09:49:19 AM »

Never undervalue the basic and common ballistic weapons on an Onslaught. The loss in direct damage and accuracy is more then made up for by the efficient flux and OP costs of those weapons.

And besides, half of the point of an Onslaught is to bring those fixed energy blasters to bare! Everything else is just a support weapon.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4