Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 356219 times)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] [WIP] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2023, 11:24:56 PM »

Hi, I got recommended by my fans to check out this cool new mod which rumored to be an extension to colony building and goes well with Indevo but so far - there's also others whom told me its pretty buggy and tend to crash often. How stable is the current build and do you recommend I should try it out now or wait a couple versions? I plan to stream it as well, so I'd appreciate if its all clear and wouldnt crash often.
Hi tbh i would recommend waiting for week, two if eventual gamebreaking bugs will occur, yes i need to admit that  in past 3 days it has been very buggy mess , due to the fact that my private beta testers did not reported gamebreaking bugs, and i was releasing hotfixes every day as i gathered like 2-3 bug reports per day. I really would give an eye and teeth to avoid those bugs before release but that s why i was patching every single day, its called Beta for a reason. When i will be sure that it has no gamebreaking issues in that period of time i will message you about it on forms. As with third hotfix i have patched all gamebreaking bugs reported to me , and now i just wait , to see if yet again sth would be found that will break the game. And if you want more info or more direct contact i recommend messaging me on dsc. I usually answer in 10 -20 minutes Kaysaar#1181
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 11:32:34 PM by Kaysaar »

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2023, 09:03:34 AM »

Kaysaar, a thing about biotics and retifi…. Blue ball box commodity. These markets, despite having huge consumption, have only a handful of producers. Thus, when you make a farming colony, you can set it to biotics right away and possibly produce around 100k a month with just a size 3 colony due to it immediately becoming a major producer (currently the case with a subsidized+item size 4 with no other industries). It feels moderately wrong. Maybe add minor production to any farming industry and make it so that choosing a specialization just changes the main export? Like 60:20:20 with main and two secondaries?

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2023, 12:08:51 PM »

Kaysaar, a thing about biotics and retifi…. Blue ball box commodity. These markets, despite having huge consumption, have only a handful of producers. Thus, when you make a farming colony, you can set it to biotics right away and possibly produce around 100k a month with just a size 3 colony due to it immediately becoming a major producer (currently the case with a subsidized+item size 4 with no other industries). It feels moderately wrong. Maybe add minor production to any farming industry and make it so that choosing a specialization just changes the main export? Like 60:20:20 with main and two secondaries?
I was thinking of sth else but but this idea id much more intresting as i wanted to Ask modders for permission to place AotD industries on their planets. I know that this is especially na issue with modded gameplay but for now this was not highest priority

rigidjelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2023, 05:20:00 AM »

Very cool set of features. Research in particular makes player colonies a much slower "I win" scenario while still providing benefits.

Minor Bug - Vaults of Knowledge has the entire vanilla player.faction instead of just the single entry for the new portrait.

Minor Bug - Stellar Arrays dont boost the various farm type yields. IMO if it works on aquaculture it should work on all the farms.

Not actually tested - Interstellar Imperium mod adds wine to Farming similar to how lobsters are added to aquaculture. When/if it updates it should at least work with artisanal farming so that when I conquer liberate Byzantium I can upgrade their farms.

Unavoidable Balance Issue - Supply and demand of new goods is wonky. In addition to upgrades having something like a 60/20/20 production split as suggested by DrTechman42, a similar consumption split might help.

UI Issue - Capital Structures only have flavor text and not their benefits in the construction menu.

Suggestion - Specific config option for number of Cryosleeper uses in addition to max population size.

Spacegoat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2023, 07:01:31 PM »

Really liking these modules so far. I'm waiting off on the research module until you're happy with it. That concept of rediscovering lostech and how it synergizes with Terraforming and Station Construction is great for roleplay runs.

Stuff I noticed so far:

- Seats of Power: At the moment the various capital monuments don't say what bonuses they give exactly. I tab over to this thread to read their descriptions each time I choose.

- Vaults of Knowledge: Commissioned playthroughs in Nexelrin can't take advantage of the module, and they just get locked out of research entirely. There's a restriction when you go to build research centers on governed worlds belonging to other factions. It would be helpful to have a settings.json option to disable that restriction so that even if it's not lore-friendly it's accommodating to RP playthroughs. You can just forcibly add the building via console commands but it crashes the game if you try to interact with the tech tree.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:04:56 PM by Spacegoat »

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2023, 07:34:06 PM »

Really liking these modules so far. I'm waiting off on the research module until you're happy with it. That concept of rediscovering lostech and how it synergizes with Terraforming and Station Construction is great for roleplay runs.

Stuff I noticed so far:

- Seats of Power: At the moment the various capital monuments don't say what bonuses they give exactly. I tab over to this thread to read their descriptions each time I choose.

- Vaults of Knowledge: Commissioned playthroughs in Nexelrin can't take advantage of the module, and they just get locked out of research entirely. There's a restriction when you go to build research centers on governed worlds belonging to other factions. It would be helpful to have a settings.json option to disable that restriction so that even if it's not lore-friendly it's accommodating to RP playthroughs. You can just forcibly add the building via console commands but it crashes the game if you try to interact with the tech tree.
Hi with seats of power this issue will be soon fixed , and about second one i have dissabled it also as i had very specific reason, as Research mechanics are breaking appart once you start research on AI world. For now this is not my priority to fix due to having finals, once i finished finals i will probably revisit this idea and for 90% add this option once i dealt with this issue

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2023, 07:36:08 PM »

Very cool set of features. Research in particular makes player colonies a much slower "I win" scenario while still providing benefits.

Minor Bug - Vaults of Knowledge has the entire vanilla player.faction instead of just the single entry for the new portrait.

Minor Bug - Stellar Arrays dont boost the various farm type yields. IMO if it works on aquaculture it should work on all the farms.

Not actually tested - Interstellar Imperium mod adds wine to Farming similar to how lobsters are added to aquaculture. When/if it updates it should at least work with artisanal farming so that when I conquer liberate Byzantium I can upgrade their farms.

Unavoidable Balance Issue - Supply and demand of new goods is wonky. In addition to upgrades having something like a 60/20/20 production split as suggested by DrTechman42, a similar consumption split might help.

UI Issue - Capital Structures only have flavor text and not their benefits in the construction menu.

Suggestion - Specific config option for number of Cryosleeper uses in addition to max population size.
First bug will be fixed as it is easy
Second bug i already fixed as we are speaking
Third one well then i will wait for updated ver , then we will see how it goes
And yea the fourth one , once i finish heavy industry branch i will contact mod authors about placing AoTD industries on their planets
And once all will be done  1.0.0 Official Release will be launched

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2023, 07:43:58 PM »

Planet does not seem to grow beyond size 6 even with a cryosleeper and cryorevival facility installed.

https://i.imgur.com/ai3fKpk.png

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2023, 12:04:42 AM »

Planet does not seem to grow beyond size 6 even with a cryosleeper and cryorevival facility installed.

https://i.imgur.com/ai3fKpk.png
Hi do you check it remotley or when visiting planet ?

Crywolf641

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2023, 06:31:19 AM »

I got an error for NullPointerException in AoDCoreModPlugin.setIndustryOnPlanet
This happened when I enabled Derelict Empire.
Works normally in normal mode.
"officerMaxLevel":12,
"officerAIMax":16,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":20
"crewSalary":10,
"marineSalary":20
"officerSalaryBase":200
"officerSalaryPerLevel":100
"baseMaxOutposts":20,
"baseMaxAdmins":20,
"maxIndustries":[2,3,4,6,8,9,10,12,13,14],
"maxColonySize":10,
"maxCampaignZoom":3.0,
"maxCombatZoom":3.0,
"officerMaxLevel":10,
"officerMaxEliteSkills":5,
"maxContacts":20,
"maxBattleSize"

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2023, 06:47:17 AM »

I got an error for NullPointerException in AoDCoreModPlugin.setIndustryOnPlanet
This happened when I enabled Derelict Empire.
Works normally in normal mode.
I have a question do you read  especially the first sentence on page? There is a reason why i posted big read text as first sentence to avoid unnecessary bug reports
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 06:50:59 AM by Kaysaar »

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2023, 07:54:41 AM »

A final Beta ver has been released. Now the only thing left is balancing issues , two missing descriptions , minor bugfixes and fixing issue with biotics and recitificates markets. Before someone will report this as a bug. I intentionally gave Heavy Industry only 2-3 days to test all issues with Heavy Industry. Same goes with not removing items when paid research.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:51:44 AM by Kaysaar »

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2023, 02:16:04 AM »

Your mod is incredible and has a lot of possibilities. I have a lot of ideas for your mod, such as AI-generated landscapes. Keep doing this mod on each structure and industry.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2023, 05:31:55 AM »

Thanks a lot for the modification.  I am very glad that you made it, it gives something that is very lacking.  A few questions:
1 When will it be displayed in the list of modifications? 
2 What else is in the plans for the development of the modification? 
3 Are new artifacts planned (for new industries and structures)? 
4 I don't want to be annoying, but the question is important - will there be support for Verston Checker and Lunalib (these are trite convenient and pleasant functions)?

Thank you for your answer

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ashes of The Domain
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2023, 05:32:03 AM »

Special thanks for integration with TASC
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:35:05 AM by FreonRu »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 75