Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 355998 times)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] [WIP] Ashes of The Domain of Man
« Reply #150 on: May 30, 2023, 02:39:01 AM »

Hey, I noticed that when I did the research in the research facility and reloaded a save, the research would completely reset. I decided to load up a smaller list of mods to see if it would still occur and it still did.
the enabled mods are here:
{"enabledMods": [
  "aod_capital",
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_core",
  "lw_console",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "speedUp",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "shaderLib",
  "G1GC_Hide_Leak_Message"
]}
I was going to attach screenshots but they were too big to send. The screenshots showed a nexerellin colony start that I did to see if the research resets each save, the first one shows how the colony started. The second showed that I researched Domain Archeology. The third showed I deleted light industry to build domain archeology. The fourth is where I loaded a save with it still building, deleted the military base to show in the same screen domain archeology was building, and I was able to research domain archeology again. Deleting the domain archeology that was under construction also resulted in me being unable to build it btw.
Did you save before reload ?
Yeah I saved it at the point I had domain Archeology researched and was building domain archeology. I loaded that save, had the ability to research domain archeology again and when I stopped the construction, I couldn't build it again.
I have fixed it but due to fact that this is like 5th time i upload new mod i will wait for more bug reports to not spam with updates

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2023, 02:40:43 AM »

I was about to do that but i have a question, the version i have is the one with all the modules put together, do i only download the vaults of knowledge one and if yes do i put it inside the ashes of domain folder or do i just put it in the mods folder.
Its Seat Of Power module , of what you want and only that , delete file and replace

I did this and now cant load my save. i also tried to delete the main mod and replace it with all the separate modules and now it crashes when i load.

Its alright, my station was fully built already and it probably works if i start a new save. Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 30, 2023, 02:41:33 AM »

I was about to do that but i have a question, the version i have is the one with all the modules put together, do i only download the vaults of knowledge one and if yes do i put it inside the ashes of domain folder or do i just put it in the mods folder.
Its Seat Of Power module , of what you want and only that , delete file and replace

I did this and now cant load my save. i also tried to delete the main mod and replace it with all the separate modules and now it crashes when i load.

Its alright, my station was fully built already and it probably works if i start a new save. Thanks for your help anyway. :)
Np sorry that i have not updated it on core ver and probably by this destroying save ;/

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2023, 02:48:53 AM »

For some reason, I'm not allowed to upgrade my fishery to aquaculture: it says that it requires farmland, despite it being impossible for a water world to possess it.
This bug has also been fixed , once i test everything not just brutforce update patch will be available

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2023, 02:49:36 AM »

Yup, fixed it! Thought I was doing something wrong, even used console commands to forcibly spawn Nova Exploraria on my capital only for it to bug at the end of the month and die.

Well, I say that. Apparently now I can actually build Nova Exploraria; it still bugs out and dies at the end of the month.
I have also fixed that , once tested patch will be coming

Duloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2023, 05:16:43 AM »

While I can get you the log file, it probably isn't needed; this is the error message that pops when Nova Explorarium tries to spawn things.

Fatal: No drop data found for drop group [ashes_of_domain], probably an error in drop_groups.csv
Check starsector.log for more info.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2023, 07:58:18 AM »

While I can get you the log file, it probably isn't needed; this is the error message that pops when Nova Explorarium tries to spawn things.

Fatal: No drop data found for drop group [ashes_of_domain], probably an error in drop_groups.csv
Check starsector.log for more info.
As i said fixed but, i kinda want to wait for more bug reports and not post updates  every single day

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2023, 08:47:49 AM »

Something causes my research to reset. I research Farming, Subsidized and Artisanal and after that I can once again research all of them (and lose access to building them). I've only noticed such loop with the farming chain, but I'll keep looking.
It's all modules+TASC.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2023, 08:56:00 AM »

Something causes my research to reset. I research Farming, Subsidized and Artisanal and after that I can once again research all of them (and lose access to building them). I've only noticed such loop with the farming chain, but I'll keep looking.
It's all modules+TASC.
It is bug , please redownload Vaults of Knowledge it Has been fixed as this was gamebreaking bug

Duloth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »

Have you considered putting Heavy Industry into the research system? I could definitely envision the same tiered approach, where you can end up with domain-era heavy industry; such as starting with default HI, then you have to research to get orbital works, then you have another tier(perhaps you need to sacrifice a corrupted nanoforge to research, or to build?) that's just Domain-Tech Orbital Works, and then a final Advanced Manufacturing Center(that might need a pristine nanoforge to research or build) or Advanced Shipyard(Same; but while one ups production of goods and thus income, the other improves local fleet size/quality and your custom production total), representing climbing back up to the peak of domain-era manufacturing ability.

Or possibly an integration with TASC; you can research essentially standalone versions of the heavy industry/refinery; a true 'orbital works' platform that handles large-scale manufacturing/refining and is built off on its own, a cramped(stuck at 4 max size market) facility with an enormous production bonus.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2023, 09:21:54 AM »

Have you considered putting Heavy Industry into the research system? I could definitely envision the same tiered approach, where you can end up with domain-era heavy industry; such as starting with default HI, then you have to research to get orbital works, then you have another tier(perhaps you need to sacrifice a corrupted nanoforge to research, or to build?) that's just Domain-Tech Orbital Works, and then a final Advanced Manufacturing Center(that might need a pristine nanoforge to research or build) or Advanced Shipyard(Same; but while one ups production of goods and thus income, the other improves local fleet size/quality and your custom production total), representing climbing back up to the peak of domain-era manufacturing ability.

Or possibly an integration with TASC; you can research essentially standalone versions of the heavy industry/refinery; a true 'orbital works' platform that handles large-scale manufacturing/refining and is built off on its own, a cramped(stuck at 4 max size market) facility with an enormous production bonus.
Hi as i said this is beta for a reason, all branches of industries will be covered Heavy industry , military but for now i am just takin break for 4 weeks like development was already fast , and i need break , to slow down a bit , my main goal which was makinig research cross mod available has been
done
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 09:40:58 AM by Kaysaar »

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2023, 10:51:38 AM »

Hi, id like to report that if you use all 3 modules separately you get portrait duplication

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2023, 10:54:11 AM »

Hi, id like to report that if you use all 3 modules separately you get portrait duplication
Hi i will fix that bug , strange but okay

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2023, 10:56:36 AM »

If it helps, it only happens with the vaults of knowledge, the other modules are fine.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2023, 11:19:41 AM »

If it helps, it only happens with the vaults of knowledge, the other modules are fine.
Its always useful to have that info , thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 75