Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ashes of The Domain  (Read 382057 times)

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] [WIP] Ashes of The Domain of Man
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2023, 06:25:07 PM »

just a bit curious about how this mod will interact with better colonies, grand colonies and Industrial Evolution. Some functions this mod adds seems to overlap or do the same things as some of the features those other mods have.
As those are mods that in my playthroughs are essential, mod is working pretty well, to be honest i really recomend playing with those mods, to this date i didn't encountered and got reported any bug that would be caused by this mods. When i will finish core of this mod maybe i will add some interactions to those mods : P. I really love them, because of Industrial Evolution i decided to make that mod.

add good to hear, glad there isn't anything to be concerned about so far then. I have been playing with the mod installed but I grew concerned as the scope of the mod has expanded over the past few updates is all. Glad that those concerns aren't warranted and that you have plans to have future interactions with those other mods  ;D

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2023, 12:50:02 AM »

Version 1.4.0 Dropped. Check new Patch Notes

Junker99

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2023, 02:18:25 PM »

def going to pay attention to this mod :D

Alyuna

• Ensign
  • OwO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2023, 03:36:12 PM »

Hey I'm curious about your future plan for Stella Manufactorium

I wonder how this feature will interact with Terraforming and Station Construction mod, which also introduces a way to craft your own special items. It can be disabled from that mod's config file, but I'm still worried about incompatibilities.
"Don't eat that sandwich, your mom made that sandwich three and a half months ago"

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2023, 04:28:22 PM »

Hey I'm curious about your future plan for Stella Manufactorium

I wonder how this feature will interact with Terraforming and Station Construction mod, which also introduces a way to craft your own special items. It can be disabled from that mod's config file, but I'm still worried about incompatibilities.
As TASC is one of my favourite mod i can guarantee you that i will ensure that, if i will saw some incompability, i will work on correcting it

_YuukiFeya_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2023, 06:14:35 PM »

Hi, in recent patch when I build a vanilla waystation its accessibility bonus become 50% instead of 10% which is equal to the Bureau of Logistic upgrade. Wouldn't that just make the upgrade redundant or is it just an unintended bug?

Apart from that I really like new industries, especially underworld district. Thanks for the mod!

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2023, 06:24:31 AM »

Hi, in recent patch when I build a vanilla waystation its accessibility bonus become 50% instead of 10% which is equal to the Bureau of Logistic upgrade. Wouldn't that just make the upgrade redundant or is it just an unintended bug?

Apart from that I really like new industries, especially underworld district. Thanks for the mod!
It is a bug that i fixed actually and will be relesing with new patch but thanks for report ^^

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2023, 06:26:39 AM »

DISCLAIMER IMPORTANT:
Next update is around the corner, new commodity is nearly setted, Electronics industry already implemented. But as much as i tried that update won't be save compatible, because i need to add industries to factions before sector generation ends, not after it. So i will release next patch in next week two, so you can end your playthroughs. As recompensation i want to add more industries that would be dependent on new commodity

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2023, 06:27:50 AM »

DISCLAIMER IMPORTANT:
Next update is around the corner, new commodity is nearly setted, Electronics industry already implemented. But as much as i tried that update won't be save compatible, because i need to add industries to factions before sector generation ends, not after it. So i will release next patch in next week two, so you can end your playthroughs. As recompensation i want to add more industries that would be dependent on new commodity to somehow make do for not being save compatible

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »

Cryosleeper 2.0: Domain Electric Boogallo Edition
Ashes of The Domain of Man
  NOT Save Compatible with prev version (1.4.0)

For now mod has interactions with :

Have you always dreamed about restoring the Domain?
Have you always wanted to laugh at Chicomoztoc for having ONLY size 8 population?
Do you hate the current power balance in Persean Sector?
Say nothing more
Introducing Ashes of The Domain of Man

Description:
That mod focus on reworking mechanics of Cryosleeper and Cryorevival Facility, making Cryosleepers, even more valuable to look for
That mod has started as a rework of Cryosleeper mechanics, now it evolves into mod, with new industries, special items and missions, that would allow you to fully restore the Domain to it's former glory, as an endgame challenge
Mechanics Reworked/Done from Scratch
Spoiler
Cryosleeper, Cryorevival, and Cryoharvester Mechanics
First up: No more ten light year radius of Cryosleeper effect. Instead you are given option to repair Cryosleeper and park it on planet
Second of all: Now Cryorevival Facility can be builded only but only on planet, where you parked Cryosleeper.
Third of all: New Industry : Cryoharvesting Facility: Instead of population growth you get sick Organs for trading on Black Market
And the most impactful change. Now Cryorevival Facility allows to for population growth of planet past size 6 up to 10!
Growth rate, Max Population growth and number of organs produced by Cryoharvester can be changed in modSettings.json in Config file
[close]
Spoiler
New Basic Industries, available from start
  Underworld : A more profitable and shady version of Commerce, enables black market on Player's colony where is built, it will increase income, but it will give huge stability minuses
  Tourism Center: A center, where people from Sector can relax and forget for a brief moment about all struggeles. It will be only available to build on planets with mild climate
[close]
Spoiler
Additional Industries available after researching blueprint
  For now the list is small, because that would be one industry for now
  Electronic's Industry: Only few worlds in Peresean Sector maintaned industries capable of producing sophisticated Electronic's. With that industry a new commodity would be added, later   used mostly by Stella Manufactorium
  Bureau of Logistic: (Upgraded from Waystation) A logistical heart of every colony. It would massively increase market accesibility.
  Planetary Defence Force : A structure that generates soldiers in storage when you have too big argument with someone from Hegemony
[close]
Spoiler
Capital Building Mechanics
 There are total 5 new structures that are in Capital group. Those are representing power of your faction ( For now they gave all same bonuses i want to make every capital unique) You can only build them on size greater than 6 planets, when the total size of your markets is greater than 20. When you start building capital, basically you dedicate entire planet to be your capital;, there is no going back when you do it BE WARNED. As long as you control your capital you get +3 stab bonus in capital and +1 stab on everysingle one planet in your faciton but be carefull because *** is about happen when you lost your capital
[close]
Future Plans/WIP
Spoiler
Stella Manufactorium [WIP]
"There are always druken stories in bars about mysteries of Persean Sector, burried in Ruins of an old and forgotten past since Collapse, some say that there are massive ships, carrying milions uppon milions of people , who now slumbers in Cryosleep, some on the other hand claim that, on the far edges of sector , they have seen a planet covered in Red glow. Those are stories, but in every story there is always a little of truth. You ventured into space to look in ruins for treasuers, that would bring you wealth and fame, and yet you only finded specific blueprints for peculiar industry. You give them to your scientist to analyse the contents of your findings. To your supprise, you have just founded a Holy grail. A blueprint for advanced, sophisticated industry, capable of producing all special items, used in industries, that plans how to manufacture them have been lost to time. You know that this, this can really tip the balance of power in Persean Sector, of course if you willing to do so are you ? "
New : Stella Manufactorium that would produce special items like Pristine Nanofroge, and new special items that would allow you to upgrade every single one of your industry.
New item : Starforge - Special item that, with industry blueprint will be optainbale in specific questline, essential to make Stella Manufactorium Work.
[close]
Spoiler
Project: Theodosian's Revenge
REDACTED FOR NOW
[close]
Spoiler
Flavour Updates and Possible compability updates with another mod
I won't be hiding that, there were mods that inspired me to make that mod and if you as author of mod want to make compability patch between our mods feel free to write
[close]
Spoiler
New Winning Conditions ( Nexerlin will be required)
Like for example having specific blueprints, or build certian structures that will be in next point:
[close]
Spoiler
Additional Megastructure : Project Zeus
You heard me right. As a faction that want to restore Domain you will be able in your quest for power find new destroyed megastructure that you would be able to repair. It would spawn on one planet unique type of industry, impossible to be supported without the megastructure itself. What i can say, there is no industrial might withour rescources that would support it.
[close]
Patch Notes
Spoiler
Ver 1.5.0
new: Added new commodity, electronics, they are used in heavy industry
 new: Added  Capital Buildings and Capital mechanics: Basically Capital buildings are unique , you can only build one of them in entire faction. By building this you commit one Planet in sector  permamently to be capital of your new Empire. It gives bonuses to all planets but i don't recommend losing your capital. or leaving it so when you decide to build, build it being sure for 100%  that this place will be your capital
 new: Improved Vanila Industry Blueprints Mechanic : for now only 3 industries beside planetary shield use that mechanic. They can be find by using Techmining
 new: Planetary Defence Force structure, you need to find blueprint first to build it
 new: Added new industry : Electronics: To build them you need to find blueprint
 fix: Fixed Waysation bug, that had stats of Bureau of Logistic
 nerf: To build Bureau of Logistics you need to find blueprint for it first
Ver 1.4.0
  new:Underworld : A more profitable and shady version of Commerce, enables black market on Player's colony where is built, it will increase income, but it will give huge stability minuses
  new:Tourism Center: A center, where people from Sector can relax and forget for a brief moment about all struggeles. It will be only available to build on planets with mild climate
  new:Bureau of Logistic: (Upgraded from Waystation) A logistical heart of every colony. It would massively increase market accesibility.
  new: When Substance Abuse is enabled Tourism Industry demands alcohol to work properly
Ver 1.3.1
  fix:Fixed bug that sometimes Cryosleeper was somehow added to player's blueprint, allowing for producing it
  fix: Cryosleepers are no longer available from custom production.
  fix: You can't double park cryosleeper or double hide it on planet
  fix: Now Cryoharvester is working properly, not producing 22 organs on size 10 planet
Ver 1.3.0
  new: Added a second option when you park Cryosleeper, to hidden it on planet and start biggest organ harvesting opperation in Sector(That decision is pernament)
  new: Added a new industry : Cryoharvesting Facility
Ver 1.2.0
  new: Now you can relocate your Cryosleeper
  new: Depletion mechanic : with every time when colony grows past size 6 ( from 6 to 7, from 7 to 9 etc etc...) population in Cryosleeper depleets (There are 4 Stages), so you can
  relocate 4 times Cryosleeper to 4 different worlds to make them size 7 words, and then Cryosleeper is empty of people.
  new: When you have Cryosleeper in your fleet and named it, that name will be displayed on parcked cryosleeper
  new: there is modSetting.json in config file, where you can adjust the rate of growth and the max size of colony's growth
  fix: Now Cryosleeper is being put on orbit of designated planet, not their moon
Ver 1.1.0
  fix: Now Cryorevival Facility option to build shows properly
  feat: Now Cryosleeper is visible from orbit
Ver 1.0.1
  hotfix - Now cryosleeper is removed properly from fleet after deciding to put him on orbit
Ver 1.0.0
  Inital release
[close]

Thinggyblop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 01:02:28 PM »

The cryosleepers description has a few spelling errors so i reworded it to sound more cohesive and fixed some spelling mistakes.
For the cryosleeper "A massive vessel, an relic of a kinder past which contains hundreds of millions of people who were put in cryosleep. The inhabitants were meant to be explorers, now they are a hope for the Persean Sector. This cryosleeper has been put in a stable orbit of the planet. It reminds all who live in the colony of might and technological wonders of Domain."

also production is mispelt is the electronics description and all industries descriptions could also do with a spell check, all in all good mod keep up the good work though tying electronics to heavy industry kinda feels like bloat
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:06:46 PM by Thinggyblop »

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2023, 04:03:47 PM »

The cryosleepers description has a few spelling errors so i reworded it to sound more cohesive and fixed some spelling mistakes.
For the cryosleeper "A massive vessel, an relic of a kinder past which contains hundreds of millions of people who were put in cryosleep. The inhabitants were meant to be explorers, now they are a hope for the Persean Sector. This cryosleeper has been put in a stable orbit of the planet. It reminds all who live in the colony of might and technological wonders of Domain."

also production is mispelt is the electronics description and all industries descriptions could also do with a spell check, all in all good mod keep up the good work though tying electronics to heavy industry kinda feels like bloat
About that, i know what are you saying. That i will try to update it in past 4-5 days. not only cryosleeper description but all descriptions. And about electronics you know you have heavy_machinery and well heavy machinery needs electronics right? also i will add second new commodity, copper, that would be used in Refinery to smelt Copper wires and they would be used in electronics. I have many ideas, but not that much free time to implement them
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 04:06:21 PM by Kaysaar »

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 06:48:30 PM »

Patch 1.5.1 dropped , check Patch notes for more info

Zanda

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 11:56:48 AM »

Code
            public void reportPlayerClosedMarket(MarketAPI market) {
                Misc.MAX_COLONY_SIZE = 6;

Causes issues if you've got a larger maxColonySize in settings.json, it disables hazard pay and doesn't tell you colony growth from the colonies menu when you're not at the planet.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 04:14:32 PM »

Code
            public void reportPlayerClosedMarket(MarketAPI market) {
                Misc.MAX_COLONY_SIZE = 6;

Causes issues if you've got a larger maxColonySize in settings.json, it disables hazard pay and doesn't tell you colony growth from the colonies menu when you're not at the planet.
Acutally i wanted and still want to somehow fix it but those are limitations for now. Hazard pay is reseting becuase its working with Misc.Max_Colony_Size, if i set it on 10 then all planets would eventually grow till size 10.  Moreover i need to change it so there would not be bugs everywhere. Its better to now see your colony growth than see that everyone can grow past size 6 up to 10
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 79