Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: if you could pay IRL $ to purchase a figurine of a SS ship, which would it be?  (Read 2088 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

sometimes i think about how much money i would spend to have my favorite mech i built in Armored Core 4 modeled & 3d printed and i get a stab of pain thru my heart that that will never happen, & when it happens it makes me wonder what ships from SS i would let someone empty my wallet to produce figurines of
what do you guys think?

i think for me a ship to be THE ship it has to be A) sexy (so no Onslaught, sorry),
2) iconic IE not like another ship in-game or that you might see in another game, (so no medusa despite it being sexy (its just a flying saucer, sorry) or odyssey (whose silhouette is defined very heavily by the circles for its turret mounts which is visually similar to SPAZ1 ships (the SPAZ wiki has no pics & when i google "SPAZ ships" i just get pics of SS ships LMFAO so i couldn't tell you which it looks like), or paragon (ring ships have Been Done),
3) visually readable (i couldn't imagine how the eradicator is supposed to look so if someone put one on my desk i couldn't say whether it lives up to my mental image. similarly, the wolf is covered in guns so aside from the general shape i don't actually know what it looks like; put one on my desk without telling me what it is & i couldn't tell you what it is. lasher too)
4) single handedly impactful in combat (no atlas, sorry), &
5) have a distinct combat role (so no Falcon, which is Just Okay At A Lot Of Stuff)

out of all the capitals that basically leaves the Astral. obviously the Tempest. I think the Gryphon could fit but I doubt most players have been run down by a SO annihilator Gryphon like I have. the Shepherd fits the bill. Harbringer too. the Monitor is pretty distinctive & readable, even if the Brawler just barely isn't
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile

Onslaught is all of these things.
Otherwise, if you like high tech so much flux efficiency is a myth to you, the High Tech Armored Donut.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Uhm the Conquest is all of those. Also I would totally buy Starsector premium edition for 50$ with a Conquest figurine/keyring.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

smithney

• Captain
  • Internetian pleb
    • View Profile

Gotta be Invictus for me. Can't wait for the ship to hit live ^_^ Can you imagine its figurine having activable "Lidar array" lasers? How can you get more bad*ss than that?

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I’d love to see a 3D render of an Aurora. Reminds me of a Mon Cal cruiser from Star Wars somewhat. The Conquest is also pretty unique in terms of silhouette and would probably translate well to a model.

The Onslaught is also a unique design that I haven’t seen many parallels, too. Same with the Dominator. They’re all brutalistic looks but they have their own charm.

While the Eagle is a flying wedge, I think it also would make a good model. The Heron and Apogee would look pretty sleek too.

Finally, the ISS Black Star (Hammerhead) should make an appearance for posterity’s sake.

Psigun

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Apogee! Love how it's reminiscent of the Galaxy-class from Star Trek in both appearance and function. Well, except that it's a Cruiser rather than Capital in Starsector.

Bummelei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Why has no one proposed Doom yet? This is Starsector's signature ship, after all. Well, for me in second place is Conquest, of course.

Cruacious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I'm going with the Conquest here. I just like it.

On the side, 3D printers ARE a thing so if someone can make a workable design we could have desktop model Starsector ships.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile

A 14th Legion with some Broadswords would be awesome.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile

Atlas Mk II.

What?  You don't think two large ballistics with an ammo feeder makes an impact?  FIGHTME.

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile

A Tesseract that can be disassembled and assembled back again into its shards would be an interesting novelty
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile

Sunder and Wolves for me. Would be kickass.

Kanjejou

• Commander
    • View Profile

honestly? the starting low cost frigate like the Lasher maybe...?

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'd go for either one of the shuttles or a hound. Thinking about it a bit more, definitely the hound. A real classic of the game.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile

Conquest it is then. Moderately to highly sexy, has an iconic double-bow with hollow in between, highly readable as most capitals are, non-questionably impactful in combat, and has a distinct role of battlecruiser IMO.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*
Pages: [1] 2