Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Difference in flux efficiency between 2 version of IR pulse laser?  (Read 354 times)

Blitzm0

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So i notice that the IR pulse laser with high delay(from the Lux heavy fighter) has lower efficiency in terms of flux/damage compare to its modular counterpart as show in the picture below.Is this an oversight when the IR pulse laser got buff in 0.95a or is this intentional balance decision? Because the Lux right now feels underwhelmed for a supposedly "superior" high tech fighter

Phearlock

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Difference in flux efficiency between 2 version of IR pulse laser?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 06:37:37 AM »

I think it would be more prudent to include the fact the fighter doesn't have any flux cost for its weapon somewhere, as even if the flux costs were the same it would be perhaps a bit misleading.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 06:49:12 AM »

Flux costs of a ton of S weapons just got changed last big update, it's possible Alex just missed a few fighter guns.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Blitzm0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 06:58:07 AM »

Oh yeah nevermind i checked the files and it still have the no flux cost tag,so efficiency doesn't matter
The Lux is still weak however. I would love the weapon delay to be a bit shorter, like 0.5,cause it does so little DPS

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 07:13:02 AM »

Fighter weapons sometimes have different flux costs, but that's deliberate. When it comes to the lux, shielded fighters pay 0 flux for their weapons. The problem with the lux is replacement time: 15 seconds each adds up to 60 for one wing. Even tridents only use up 50 in total, so the lux burns through RR like no tomorrow.
TL;DR deez nuts