Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33

Author Topic: [0.97a] Random Assortment of Things  (Read 213546 times)

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Random Assortment of Things
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2023, 06:09:35 AM »

I get this crash whenever I run the game with the minimap.  I'm running on Linux.

Spoiler
198658 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/ui/b
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/ui/b
   at assortment_of_things.campaign.ui.MinimapUI.advance(MinimapUI.kt:83)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.ui.b
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
   ... 9 more
[close]

ZehMasterBeef

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2023, 01:13:30 PM »

Hey thanks for the great mod!
My only problem is when playing with realistic combat the weapon range of the modular weapons dont scale and are so low compared to the others that they are just unusable for anything but phase skimmers.
How could one modify code to increase the range?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 01:15:26 PM by ZehMasterBeef »

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2023, 03:51:45 PM »

Hey thanks for the great mod!
My only problem is when playing with realistic combat the weapon range of the modular weapons dont scale and are so low compared to the others that they are just unusable for anything but phase skimmers.
How could one modify code to increase the range?

Dont think there is a way to make it compatible as both mods seem to modify the weapon spec. Il add a warning to the config that they are incompatible.

I get this crash whenever I run the game with the minimap.  I'm running on Linux.

Spoiler
198658 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/ui/b
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/ui/b
   at assortment_of_things.campaign.ui.MinimapUI.advance(MinimapUI.kt:83)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.ui.b
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
   ... 9 more
[close]

Will fix it in the next patch, thanks for the report.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:04:42 PM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2023, 08:12:32 AM »

There seems to be a bug where all the modular weapons increase to 20 ordnance points each. Happens everytime i save and exit the game.

i figured it out. the conflict is from SCVE. you can even see it from the mod list missions where all the variants of the weapons will spawn to 20 ordnance points.

Malignantcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2023, 02:17:10 PM »

Really enjoying this mod, but is there any chance to see some ballistic body types? Very few hull mods upgrade non-beam energy weapons. The weapons, while fun, are hard to make synergize with most weapon loadouts.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2023, 05:31:50 PM »

Really enjoying this mod, but is there any chance to see some ballistic body types? Very few hull mods upgrade non-beam energy weapons. The weapons, while fun, are hard to make synergize with most weapon loadouts.

Taking a bit of a break from the modular weapons feature to not get drained out, but adding more body types is something im looking to do once il go back to it.

Meanwhile, ive been working on adding some unique exploration content for the mod.

Basically a Hyperspace-esque endurance dungeon. I know many people like to think of Beyond the Sector/Exiled space when they see it, but my plan is to actually have it be finite early-mid game content.

This will unfortunately end up replacing both the outpost and chiral systems, however much of their unique loot will get moved over to the new thing. I am mostly doing this as i always found both types of systems to be somewhat lacking, out of place, and just difficult to expand up on. I think this will be much less of an issue for me with the stuff i am working on.
My Mods

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2023, 09:33:12 PM »

Neato.

Most people don't have the guts to start over with something new.  At the very least, you're building a broader library to draw upon.

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2023, 02:24:31 AM »

Basically a Hyperspace-esque endurance dungeon. I know many people like to think of Beyond the Sector/Exiled space when they see it, but my plan is to actually have it be finite early-mid game content.

This will unfortunately end up replacing both the outpost and chiral systems, however much of their unique loot will get moved over to the new thing. I am mostly doing this as i always found both types of systems to be somewhat lacking, out of place, and just difficult to expand up on. I think this will be much less of an issue for me with the stuff i am working on.

Good day. Great news, looking forward to the update. But please think that this function is relevant not only at the beginning / middle of the game, but also at its end - this will add many pleasant journeys.

There is also a small suggestion - I have no idea how to implement it - these "dungeons" appear on the map in random places - the player receives a notification that a wormhole has appeared in the area of \u200b\u200bthe cluster (the name of the cluster) - the wormhole is not located there permanently, but only temporarily. If the player has time - gets into the "dungeon" - explores the dungeon and takes it to a random area of the sector. If the player did not have time to get into the "dungeon" - then the wormhole opens in another place.

I apologize for the chaotic text.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2023, 02:59:33 AM »

Good day. Great news, looking forward to the update. But please think that this function is relevant not only at the beginning / middle of the game, but also at its end - this will add many pleasant journeys.

I apologize for the chaotic text.

I think a focus on early-midgame is more healthy for it. Unlike most mods i am not looking in to expanding the endgame, rather im looking to making the early/mid game slightly longer, which i think is the best part of the game. The lategame has enough issues that makes expanding it not that easy.

There is also a small suggestion - I have no idea how to implement it - these "dungeons" appear on the map in random places - the player receives a notification that a wormhole has appeared in the area of \u200b\u200bthe cluster (the name of the cluster) - the wormhole is not located there permanently, but only temporarily. If the player has time - gets into the "dungeon" - explores the dungeon and takes it to a random area of the sector. If the player did not have time to get into the "dungeon" - then the wormhole opens in another place.

As for now, it will only generate once, and have one entrance system that can be reached from anywhere within hyperspace. Think of it as like a labyrinth of connected remnant systems, instead of having hyperspace inbetween. I did write my current plans in to a Google Doc, though keep in mind that things are subject to change, and i occasionaly just put new brainstormed stuff in to the doc.
My Mods

kadu522

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2023, 05:52:16 AM »

I would find it really cool if the abyssal hyperspace worked as a form of sudo-fast travel kinda like quasi-space in Star control 2 : The Ur-quan masters.

with multiple ways to enter and exit from normal hyperspace but you need to learn how to navigate it until you unlock the gate system.
A Gameplay lover

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2023, 05:57:30 AM »

I would find it really cool if the abyssal hyperspace worked as a form of sudo-fast travel kinda like quasi-space in Star control 2 : The Ur-quan masters.

with multiple ways to enter and exit from normal hyperspace but you need to learn how to navigate it until you unlock the gate system.

Not really in the scope of what i wanna do, i had an similar idea with an earlier project, but to keep things in check i will probably not exceed the scope much more than whats mentioned in the document, besides more exploration content within the system itself.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2023, 06:56:11 AM »

Implemented the innitial version of the "Fuel" Mechanic and the Ability to enter the abyss with.

The "fuel" decreases over time, and can only be refilled in certain sections of the abyss. Its shown in the top-center of the screen while in the abyss.
To increase your total space of it, you can convert fuel tankers tanks to carry it with a hullmod.
If you run out of it, you will be ejected back to hyperspace in a few days.

Will decrease way slower than in this example gif.
My Mods

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2023, 01:48:33 PM »

Is this Abyss thing something like QuasiSpace from Star Control 2, a Hyperspace for Hyperspace?

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2023, 02:12:44 PM »

I've been using the Minimap for a week now and it's just marvelous. I find it more immersive because I don't have to open the full map and pause my game as much, and having something to fiddle with while traveling is so nice. Thank you for your work on this! Maybe in some future update we'll be able to look at the Intel screen without leaving the campaign overworld ;D

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2023, 06:32:22 PM »

I've been using the Minimap for a week now and it's just marvelous. I find it more immersive because I don't have to open the full map and pause my game as much, and having something to fiddle with while traveling is so nice. Thank you for your work on this! Maybe in some future update we'll be able to look at the Intel screen without leaving the campaign overworld ;D

Glad its useful for what i intended then. I am also lazy and always use the rightclick to move around, so not having to open the map for it 100% of the time is pretty nice.
My Mods
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 33