Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.97a] Random Assortment of Things  (Read 199367 times)

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Random Assortment of Things
« on: March 08, 2023, 08:06:26 AM »

Random Assortment of Things

About
A Content Expansion that adds Factions, Exploration Content, Quality of life and more to the game.
Every feature in the mod can be disabled by the user through the Lunalib Menu.

A short rundown of some of the content:
- An entire new "dungeon" of systems to explore and its own enemy faction.
- A new mini-faction to discover.
- An alternative to colonies.
- New exploration content across the sector.
- A bunch of new skills and AI cores with their own set of unique aspects.
- New Ships and Weapons
- A large amount of unique hullmods.
- Dozens of new stations and planetary conditions.

The mod requires LunaLib, GraphicsLib and Nexerelin

Support
In case you are interested in supporting the mods development, you can do so in the belows Ko-Fi link.
Funds will mostly go towards comissioning more Assets or for snacks to support my coding addiction.

The Abyssal Depths

Adds a new area called "The Abyssal Depths" in to the game.
The abyssal depths is a finite dungeon of connected systems with new mechanics, coming with unique types of loot and brand new hostile encounters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkpQ2HK-P0

Exo-Tech

Adds a minor phase & carrier focused faction.
You can only find them hiding in the fringes on their mobile colonies. If your lucky you may get to trade with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFy9KfSZSM

Settlements

An alternative to creating a colony, mostly intended for early to mid-game, and for people that dont enjoy having to take care of their colony that much.
The system is very low maintenance, while being focused more on Quality of Life, rather than a large increase to your income.

Relics of the Past

Adds a large amount of new exploration content to the sector, themed around things lost to time after the collapse.
This ranges from new stations to discover, exclusive skills to apply to captains, stations that can enhance a ship,
colony structure blueprints, planetary conditions and ancient artifacts.

The focus of the expansion is to add more variety to content you find when exploring.
Many of them can be found in systems filled with ruins, and a Bar Mission with an "Archivist" may help you find some of them.

Procedual Generation
This Section of the mod allows you to:
- Increase the amount of starsystems generated & change how many hyperspace storms spawn.
- Enable new types of procedualy generated systems with unique loot.
- Increase the amount of Hullmod and Ship Blueprints dropped from salvaging stations.

If Adjusted Sector is installed, this feature is disabled and AS takes priority.

UI Enhancements
Improves Aspects of the UI.
- Minimap: Replaces the Campaign Radar with an interactable minimap.

Other

-> Parallel Construction: Allows multiple colonies structures to be build at the same time, removing the queue system.
-> Force Disable Help: Turns of help-messages in case you forgot to click the tiny checkmark at the beginning of the game.

Credits:

Main Contributers
SnazzyPantsMcGee: Spritework.
Haplogynae : Music & SFX.
Anulackk: Illustrations

Starsector Discord: For lots of feedback and bug reports.
KingAlfonzo: Helped write some of the interactions in Relics of the Past.
Loyse: For the 3D Render of the "Aboleth" ship used as a Banner on top of the post.
GMan: Did the sprites for previous versions of the mod.
Avanitia: Lots of feedback and bug reports.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 08:03:39 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Random Assortment of Things
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 05:46:43 PM »

I really like the idea of the Improved Misc. feature, as stars with absolutely nothing, no planets or rings or asteroid belts at all seem kind of weird given our current understanding of star system formation.

On the other hand, some players might not want to make the game easier by adding significantly more loot; perhaps in some future release, there could be an Improved Misc. option that would enhance system generation without adding much extra loot.

Excellent mod, though; really appreciate how easy it is to tweak sector size without having to go edit configuration files, as well as the Improved Misc. feature.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 06:17:11 PM »

I really like the idea of the Improved Misc. feature, as stars with absolutely nothing, no planets or rings or asteroid belts at all seem kind of weird given our current understanding of star system formation.

On the other hand, some players might not want to make the game easier by adding significantly more loot; perhaps in some future release, there could be an Improved Misc. option that would enhance system generation without adding much extra loot.

Excellent mod, though; really appreciate how easy it is to tweak sector size without having to go edit configuration files, as well as the Improved Misc. feature.

I wanna keep the amount of settings to a minimum, so probably not gonna add options to further modify how much it modifies the misc systems.
Generating the starsystems planets is also done in an entirely different part of procedual generation than the Improved Misc, and im not quite sure if i wanna modify those or not, but i may look in to adding stuff for it in the future.

My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 05:03:52 PM »

Updated the mod to 1.1.0

This version brings lots of improvements to the chiral system, from nerfing the ships gotten from it just a bit, to making it easier to find, and also adding content for people that do not have the Automated Ships skill in their playthrough. Many issues/improvements were reported/suggested by Avanitia so thanks to them.

This version also now requires Combat Activators as a library mod, get it here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26410.0
This mod also requires Lunalib 1.5.6 or above, so make sure to update that.

Changelog v1.1.0
-> Integrated "Combat Activators" mod.
-> Added a new bit of exploration content for the chiral system.
-> Added a bar event that gives you the chiral systems location.

-> Outposts now generate after remnants and ruins, to ensure that they will never take any space reserved to them.
-> All chiral ships have have front-shields instead of omni shields, and have slightly reduced speeds.
-> Fixed some wrong ship data for chiral ships.
-> Fixed a station in the chiral system not being hostile
-> Fixed a mistake in the chiral hull hullmod description.
-> Might have Fixed a rare crash during the chiral system generation.
-> Fixed some planets generating twice in the chiral system.
My Mods

Proxima Centauri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 07:09:07 PM »

Does this work with Adjusted Sector?

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 04:04:53 AM »

Does this work with Adjusted Sector?

Yes, but certain features are disabled with AS installed
My Mods

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2023, 05:04:43 AM »

Why do the best mods have such unassuming names or are just downright hidden?
This is now a must have on my modlist.
Thanks a lot
to be done some day... XD

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 05:14:09 AM »

Why do the best mods have such unassuming names or are just downright hidden?
This is now a must have on my modlist.
Thanks a lot

Well i did ask the moderators to put this in to the "Content Expansion" section on the mod index since it adds its own content, but they put it under utility for some reason.
I do have to admit that i am quite bad at names though haha, but i wanted to keep it general since in the end this mod is being a place for me to put whatever i am experimenting on in to.
My Mods

nacochip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 08:42:25 PM »

Thanks for the mod! The hyperspace clouds setting is especially appreciated  :D

One problem I'm having though is that the settings don't seem to stick. I've tried tweaking them via F2 but they revert to their original values as soon as I reopen the settings page. Do they only apply to brand new playthroughs?

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 01:48:04 AM »

One problem I'm having though is that the settings don't seem to stick. I've tried tweaking them via F2 but they revert to their original values as soon as I reopen the settings page. Do they only apply to brand new playthroughs?

Just to make sure, you are pressing the save button before leaving? They should never revert after leaving otherwise.
My Mods

nacochip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 06:08:26 AM »

Just to make sure, you are pressing the save button before leaving? They should never revert after leaving otherwise.

I'm an idiot *facepalm*. Yeah I wasn't saving. It's my first time using the interface and I didn't realize there was a save button and the upper left hand corner. Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for the fantastic mod!

unslaught

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2023, 06:50:46 PM »

Thank you for making this mod. The Procedual Generation Config and Parallel Construction are very useful. Could I get your permission to translate this mod and your LunaLib, and share them on the chinese forum? I shall credit you and give the original link, when I finished, I will link back here.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023, 01:28:17 AM »

Thank you for making this mod. The Procedual Generation Config and Parallel Construction are very useful. Could I get your permission to translate this mod and your LunaLib, and share them on the chinese forum? I shall credit you and give the original link, when I finished, I will link back here.

Feel free to translate Lunalib, it isnt complete but it has some of the strings externalised now, though not all of it yet. If you need anything to make translating it easier feel free to message me on the Unofficial Starsector Discord at Lukas04#0856.

I dont think i would want anyone to translate RAT at the moment, none of the strings are externalised and i update it rather frequently.
My Mods

unslaught

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2023, 06:28:26 AM »

Feel free to translate Lunalib, it isnt complete but it has some of the strings externalised now, though not all of it yet. If you need anything to make translating it easier feel free to message me on the Unofficial Starsector Discord at Lukas04#0856.

I dont think i would want anyone to translate RAT at the moment, none of the strings are externalised and i update it rather frequently.

Thanks for your permission and kind offer.  Currently there are no translated mods in chinese forum require LunaLib. I guess I will learn to translate the scripts while waiting until RAT gets a somewaht stable version  :)

Ovid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 10:18:49 PM »

I tried starting up a new game, and selected Chiral Sector theme to be on. But the game crashed before I could load up into the campaign layer. Checking the starsector.log pointed to something in the Chiral theme, so I loaded the game up and tried turning Chiral theme off. And the game loaded up fine.

Unfortunately, loading up successfully has overwritten the log showing the error.
And when I tried a new game for the 3rd time, with the Chiral Theme active, I didn't get the crash. Also, of note, I was doing the same Nex start each time, which was a start with a player-owned colony. Not sure if that might be an issue.

Dang, I wish I copied that crash log.

EDIT: ooh, new version posted to discord. v1.2.0.  I'll have to grab it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 03:16:24 AM by Ovid »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31