Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: [0.97a] Random Assortment of Things  (Read 258412 times)

JamieTheEpic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Random Assortment of Things
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2023, 09:47:16 PM »

Hi! So, I’m getting the Tri-tech outpost crash that you fixed in the latest update. I was wondering if this was save compatible to update this to the newest version or if that would break the game. Thank You!

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2023, 09:57:00 PM »

Hi! So, I’m getting the Tri-tech outpost crash that you fixed in the latest update. I was wondering if this was save compatible to update this to the newest version or if that would break the game. Thank You!

Dont quite recall, sorry. Aslong as you dont interact with it you should be fine though and avoid further issues.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2023, 11:30:41 PM »

Some more stuff added to the shielding mechanic.

Notably, the shielding can be recharged by siphoning materials from rare types of nebula within the abyss.

The Starting location will always have one to be able to restore it, but they will be rarer in deeper parts, and likely guarded by enemy fleets.
Also thinking of adding a general "checkpoint" station to spots with this type of nebula, but of course you would have to fight to access it aswell.

Also added the hullmods that allow for:
1. Siphoning the Shielding material
2. Storing more of it.

Each ship in a fleet will increase the amount of shielding used per day, based on the hullsize of that ship.
With this im mostly done with that mechanic, i need to tweak it in to good values, but il do that when the rest is more complete.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 11:33:56 PM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Bluedeferum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2023, 01:52:50 AM »

java.lang.NullPointerException: null cannot be cast to non-null type com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.UIPanelAPI
   at assortment_of_things.misc.UIExtensionsKt.getParent(UIExtensions.kt:16)
   at assortment_of_things.combat.hullmods.ChiralHull.addPostDescriptionSection(ChiralHull.kt:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source)

Hello, I just recovered a chiral ship, and when i hover on top of "Chiral Hull" hullmod, I crashed to desktop.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2023, 02:06:23 AM »

java.lang.NullPointerException: null cannot be cast to non-null type com.fs.starfarer.api.ui.UIPanelAPI
   at assortment_of_things.misc.UIExtensionsKt.getParent(UIExtensions.kt:16)
   at assortment_of_things.combat.hullmods.ChiralHull.addPostDescriptionSection(ChiralHull.kt:89)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$12.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.oÒ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source)

Hello, I just recovered a chiral ship, and when i hover on top of "Chiral Hull" hullmod, I crashed to desktop.

Mh, due to my current project setup, not sure if i can fix this issue. It shouldnt happen again aslong as you avoid hovering over the hullmod atleast.
My Mods

Bluedeferum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2023, 02:42:59 AM »

Mh, due to my current project setup, not sure if i can fix this issue. It shouldnt happen again aslong as you avoid hovering over the hullmod atleast.

Noted! thanks for your time and thanks for making this mod. :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 02:55:13 AM by Bluedeferum »

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »

I have a question regarding Modular Weapons.

"Explosive Charges - Adds a 25% chance for the projectile to explode on hit."

What does "explode" mean in this context, precisely?  Does it do damage to all ships and fighters within a certain range of the impact point?  Does it do extra damage only to the target that was hit?  Is that extra damage of the Explosive type (thus double damage to armor, half damage to shields)?  Thanks in advance!

[edit] I forgot to mention:

"Double Barrel" doubles the firepower AND the flux generation of the modular weapon.  However, this doubling of the flux generation is NOT reflected in the Refit screen, so the "WEAPON FLUX/SEC" statistic is underreporting its number. [/edit]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:09:15 AM by Seamus Donohue »
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2023, 11:54:56 AM »

I have a question regarding Modular Weapons.

"Explosive Charges - Adds a 25% chance for the projectile to explode on hit."

What does "explode" mean in this context, precisely?  Does it do damage to all ships and fighters within a certain range of the impact point?  Does it do extra damage only to the target that was hit?  Is that extra damage of the Explosive type (thus double damage to armor, half damage to shields)?  Thanks in advance!

[edit] I forgot to mention:

"Double Barrel" doubles the firepower AND the flux generation of the modular weapon.  However, this doubling of the flux generation is NOT reflected in the Refit screen, so the "WEAPON FLUX/SEC" statistic is underreporting its number. [/edit]

Damage type is Explosive, you should see a small explosion on collission, but its rather small, so it will usually just be extra damage to the ship you have it.

Also il look in to the issue you mentioned once il get back to working on those weapons.
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2023, 04:54:33 AM »

More content for the Abyss. As always things are subject to change.

Hull Alterations are a consumeable type of hullmod.
They get built in to the hull, so they dont cost any OP, but will give a CR penality and only one can be installed at in to a ship.
The one shown in the example video installs a secondary shipsystem in to the hull, but there will be other types aswell.

At their basic they are just additional loot to fill the abyss with, but deciding to make them consumeable helps me in a lot of different ways.
Most notably, it gives the player a reason to really explore as much as they can, as they wont just find a hullmod they want once and be done with it.

Vanilla starsector has things that are relatively similar, for example AI cores. They are a resource that your require multiple of, and they are only available from certain aspects of the game.

This is, in my opinion atleast, rather important, as it is hard to match the amount of loot already existing in vanilla exploration, especialy when you add all the modded hullmods and ship blueprints in to the mix. So it is hard to make extended exploration of one place feel worthwhile.

Of course the downside is that, in a way, this also lessens the impact of finding an instance of such a hullmod, so i will have to include other types of loot with bigger impact to make up for this weakness.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:01:06 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2023, 01:05:35 PM »

Gave the entrance ability a visual effect, since i noticed that it was kind of lacking some.

My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2023, 03:53:16 AM »

More content for the Abyss. As always things are subject to change.

Hull Alterations are a consumeable type of hullmod.
They get built in to the hull, so they dont cost any OP, but will give a CR penality and only one can be installed at in to a ship.
The one shown in the example video installs a secondary shipsystem in to the hull, but there will be other types aswell.

At their basic they are just additional loot to fill the abyss with, but deciding to make them consumeable helps me in a lot of different ways.
Most notably, it gives the player a reason to really explore as much as they can, as they wont just find a hullmod they want once and be done with it.

Vanilla starsector has things that are relatively similar, for example AI cores. They are a resource that your require multiple of, and they are only available from certain aspects of the game.

This is, in my opinion atleast, rather important, as it is hard to match the amount of loot already existing in vanilla exploration, especialy when you add all the modded hullmods and ship blueprints in to the mix. So it is hard to make extended exploration of one place feel worthwhile.

Of course the downside is that, in a way, this also lessens the impact of finding an instance of such a hullmod, so i will have to include other types of loot with bigger impact to make up for this weakness.

Part of this will be "Fightersystems", which gives all deployed fighters a new shipsystem.

My Mods

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2023, 09:50:53 PM »

I cannot express how excited I am by mods like this.

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2023, 04:00:27 AM »

Was looking for a way to make it possible to detect things from afar, as the abyss is lacking points of interests like planets, which the game would usually use to spawn loot nearby.

To fix this, standing in Abyssal Storms will now create pings from entities that are far away and have not been discovered yet.
I think its a nice way to use the terrain, and it also prevents having to fly around for hours to find that one tiny station you dont even know exists.

Its kind of like a perfectly accurate Neutrino Detector, though it will only display more noteable structures.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 04:02:32 AM by Lukas04 »
My Mods

Lukas04

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2023, 09:02:37 AM »

Got the first abyss-boss faction ship implemented, nothing more than just basic visuals and engines, but a good milestone anyways!
Spritework is from 'SnazzyPantsMcGee'

My Mods

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2023, 03:51:40 PM »

Another bug report regarding Modular Weapons.  Some "Salvaged Weapon Components" (SWCs) aren't being generated if a two-phase battle was involved.

I started noticing that I was getting unusually small amounts of SWCs after gigantic battles when I then noticed a pattern.  If there was a main battle followed by a pursuit battle, then SWCs were only generated from the pursuit battle; these would generally be very low amounts of SWCs because there wouldn't be many retreating ships and tankers and cargo ships don't have a lot of weapons to create SWCs from.

However, if there was only one battle phase (for example: I chose not to pursue after a main battle, there was nothing left alive after the main battle to pursue, or the enemy fleet was running away from me to begin with so the main battle was also a pursuit battle), then I seemed to get an amount of SWCs commensurate with the size of the battle.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 04:22:14 PM by Seamus Donohue »
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39