Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What would a midline capital carrier be like?  (Read 2726 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What would a midline capital carrier be like?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »

I know people are worried about ship redundancy but I shouldn't think it's the worst problem in the world.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2023, 03:53:45 PM »

I like the idea of a command support carrier.
Built in command centre, 5~6 fighter bays, a not *** reserve deployment system for rapid response, maybe a flat reduction for replacement time to benefit fighters more, rear wide arc large energy to finally have a reason for paladin, and a large universal to distinguish it more from astral and link it to the Herron.
Another idea is to lean on a unique hullmod and give it a mobility system to emphasise a rapid response roll.

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2023, 06:29:35 PM »

I’d suggest a drone ship but the Remnants just got one.
The remnant ships are locked behind automated ships and there is barely any droneships in the game to begin with. There is no droneships with a high bay capacity either far as i know. If you ask me i think it wouldn't be much of a problem to add more of that.
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2023, 09:41:40 PM »

Legion is a brawling battlecarrier and Astral is a dedicated full time carrier so how about something in the middle(har har)? Weld two Herons together, add two large ballistics, give it crappy shield and armor but keep speed high and throw in maneouvering jets so it can stay close enough to combat to shoot but far enough to not die. Could even be a modification of the Conquest, just put large ballistics where large missiles are and replace broadside large ballistics with fighter bays.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 01:25:51 AM by BCS »

smithney

• Captain
  • Internetian pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2023, 11:27:47 PM »

Could even be a modification of the Conquest, just put large ballistics where large missiles are and replace broadside large ballistics with fighter bays.
Hey, I really like that! Would feel less awkward as the third capital in the PL fleet, but still like at home in Midline.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 05:50:43 AM »

Could even be a modification of the Conquest, just put large ballistics where large missiles are and replace broadside large ballistics with fighter bays.
Hey, I really like that! Would feel less awkward as the third capital in the PL fleet, but still like at home in Midline.
Heron resembles a modified Eagle, after all.  A modified Conquest could work.

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2023, 06:47:29 AM »

Heron resembles a modified Eagle, after all.  A modified Conquest could work.
uh, i don't see that. Apart from the Bridge and Engine area and a somewhat triangular shape the Heron doesn't look like a modified eagle at all

also a capital that is just a "existing capital but different" seems less like something to add to vanilla and more like the work of a rather lazy modder (i think i even saw something like that at some point)

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2023, 07:57:10 AM »

It would look super awkward to have some Conquests that want to face the enemy head on and some that want to face the enemy on the broadside. Now if you were to remove the ballistics from one broadside in favor of 2 hangars and leave the other ballistic broadside, that would be a cool ship where you would probably use bombers backed by the ship itself as artillery. My best anti-Ordo Conquest builds already leave one side almost empty and install a CH though, so this would probably be a significant upgrade to the Conquest. Make it slightly more fragile to compensate and you will have created something wonderful, a ship that fits the Conquest description "favor(s) the bold captain, willing to risk everything for the thrill of victory" even more perfectly than how it already is.

It would probably be even nicer to have an entirely new capital though if Alex feels it is needed.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2023, 08:27:18 AM »

You just described the Odyssey.  ;)

Conquest with both sides as hangars would be interesting. Gives a BSG vibe to it. If the middle was “filled in” to make room for few more guns, or a spinal mounted built-in, that could be cool.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2023, 08:34:19 AM »

You just described the Odyssey.  ;)

Yeah an Odyssey with midline technology (ballistics and maneuvering jets) would work too. That ship seems to be most hampered by the poor range of the Plasma Cannon.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge
Pages: 1 2 [3]