Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GraphicsLib without Graphics  (Read 956 times)

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
GraphicsLib without Graphics
« on: February 17, 2023, 02:51:19 AM »

I don't care about flashy graphics and stuff, yknow, about the "pew-pew boom wooaahhh colours go brrr" and something like this. I love to play videogames not because of this.
But I care about my potato computer not going through thermal decompisition, nor I want my PC to be turned into a corrupted nanoforge.

But... some of the mods, even LEGENDARY ones (there's actually even a musthave - United Aurora Federation, I think that this mod actually should be included into a base game, it's very beautiful and perfectly balanced, 10/11 would recommend) have that quirky "GraphicsLib" in their requirements. Which basically screams, "wanna play my mod? How about we turn your machine into a Luddic Path weapon instead, huh?".

Finally, the question:

Is there a way to set such options into GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini of the GraphicsLib mod to minimize the damage, but to not make graphics worse than it was originally? I don't want a graphics overhaul. All I want is to run LEGENDARY mods using it. If I just turn off shaders, will that be enough? I mean, I see, it's really customizeable. But what settings will be the most "DEFAULT" settings in case of original graphics? And I also need to use antialiasing because I have to scale UI.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: GraphicsLib without Graphics
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 03:18:16 AM »

If I just turn off shaders, will that be enough?
Yes.
Just change that single setting to false, and the whole mod/lib just becomes a compatibility package that doesn't change anything by itself.

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: GraphicsLib without Graphics
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 03:45:37 AM »

If I just turn off shaders, will that be enough?
Yes.
Just change that single setting to false, and the whole mod/lib just becomes a compatibility package that doesn't change anything by itself.

Thanks, man! /thread ...how do I close it...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 04:08:39 AM by Nick9 »