Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Combat Readiness cap increase to 115%  (Read 977 times)

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
Combat Readiness cap increase to 115%
« on: February 16, 2023, 01:51:04 AM »

The base is 70% but it can actually be increased by 45%: +15% from Crew Training, +15% from three S-mods(Best of the Best and Hull Restoration combo) and +15% from officer/player with Combat Endurance.

Currently if you get all three then the extra 15% is completely wasted - the cap ramains 100% and you don't even get extra Peak Performance Time out of it.

I don't think increasing the cap would be OP given the investment required - capstones in both Industry and Leadership and then you still need to use up an Officer skill. Even in a no-flagship builds it would still be a rather niche thing to do. I guess it would make Support Doctrine a bit stronger.

gG_pilot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Readiness cap increase to 115%
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 04:43:16 AM »

No

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 05:22:16 AM »

I have made similar suggestions in the past and Alex has pretty firmly said CR's cap will remain 100%.

Rusty Edge

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 12:18:40 PM »

I think all those skills are supposed to be different paths to achieve the same thing.

So, if a player didn't want to invest in leadership, he could raise CR up to 95% through industry and officer skills.

Or, instead of spending officer skills to on combat endurance, he could use crew training and hull restoration to raise CR 95 to 100%

Personally, I like this.

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 01:09:09 AM »

I think all those skills are supposed to be different paths to achieve the same thing.

So, if a player didn't want to invest in leadership, he could raise CR up to 95% through industry and officer skills.

Or, instead of spending officer skills to on combat endurance, he could use crew training and hull restoration to raise CR 95 to 100%

Personally, I like this.
I cannot see a reason why it should be capped anyway, but... oka-ay