Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mods not showing in list {solved}  (Read 699 times)

OniTenyu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mods not showing in list {solved}
« on: February 14, 2023, 04:43:53 PM »

I have just downloaded and activated Starsector and several mods. I have placed the mods in the mods folder that was created during installation. I have both the zipped and unzipped folders in the mod folder. When I start the game (attempted in both normal and admin access) they game does not find any mods installed.

I believe the issue is that I installed the game not in the C drive as I use that drive specifically for my OS and storing important files and compressed back ups. When I changed the drive to my gaming harddrive it installed in Z:/Starsector. I have also, in an attempt to appease my friend who was trying to help, placed the starsector folder into a Fractal Softworks Folder (z:/Fractal Softworks/Starsector). Still no mods showing in the launcher.

I am thinking there is a command line somewhere in the game to search the mods folder in the C drive, but I don't know which file that would be (or why it doesnt change where to look based on the installation.) Any help in locating the file so I can redirect it to pull from the correct drive or some other solution would be extremely helpful.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:28:37 PM by OniTenyu »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mods not showing in list
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 06:01:36 PM »

I have run Starsector from multiple different drives with no problem. Are your mod folders nested? It should be like "mods/ModName/mod_info.json". If you extract it so it's "mods/ModName/ModName/mod_info.json" it won't work.

OniTenyu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Mods not showing in list
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 06:28:14 PM »

Awesome! Turns out it did extract nested, removed the redundant folders and they all show up now! Much appreciated.