Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's a chart that shows which ships benefit most from Missile Autoloader  (Read 2033 times)

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:33:44 AM by BigBrainEnergy »
TL;DR deez nuts

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a chart that shows which ships benefit most from Missile Autoloader
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 09:50:02 PM »

I object to the Dram even making the list.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 10:02:00 PM »

Which Gigachad will fill the table in for all modded ships?

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 10:18:32 PM »

Missing:
Venture (2x small missile)
Buffalo MkII (3x small missile)

Also looking at this chart, the design of this hullmod kind of puzzles me. Now I like obscure and hard to use mechanics in a game (in addition to 2d space games I like roguelikes and I am one of those people who get mad when weird instadeaths or marginal artifacts are removed) so adding more mechanics is great and I am all for this hullmod, but can't help but wonder - why does this have such a complex system of breakpoints? Like why come destroyers with 2 small missiles get the same amount of reloads as a frigate with 2, but cruisers with 2 get 3.75 times the amount of a frigate with 2, while destroyers with 1 small missile slot (which do not exist) get 1.5 times the amount of  frigate with 1 small missile and cruisers with 1 get 2.5 times the amount? Is it specifically designed to be especially good on the Eagle and Falcon?

Also does it work with synergy or universal mounts?

Also you should absolutely try Dram spam with this thing, for 2DP each you could get 20 Drams with Reapers and reloaders instead of 1 Onslaught
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 02:34:13 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 08:18:35 AM »

Missing:
Venture (2x small missile)
Buffalo MkII (3x small missile)

Funny, I had them in mind while making it but promptly forgot to include them.

Also does it work with synergy or universal mounts?

No. Similar to how ballistic rangefinder only applies to ballistic mounts, this only applies to missile mounts. Now we just need a hullmod that only applies to small energy mounts and the trio will be complete! Of course, it must also come out of the box with a confusing tooltip.

Also you should absolutely try Dram spam with this thing, for 2DP each you could get 20 Drams with Reapers and reloaders instead of 1 Onslaught

Assuming the drams survive long enough to fire more than one lol. In my limited experience with spam, atropos are better because they can shoot over the allies in front which there will be a lot of when you bring 50+ ships.

Like why come destroyers with 2 small missiles get the same amount of reloads as a frigate with 2, but cruisers with 2 get 3.75 times the amount of a frigate with 2, while destroyers with 1 small missile slot (which do not exist) get 1.5 times the amount of  frigate with 1 small missile and cruisers with 1 get 2.5 times the amount? Is it specifically designed to be especially good on the Eagle and Falcon?

I think it works for the most part, but I do have some questions about why the destroyers get shafted. The ones with 2 slots should get 6 points of reload if you ask me, but maybe Alex really doesn't want it to be good on hammerheads.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:41:43 AM by BigBrainEnergy »
TL;DR deez nuts

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 09:17:05 AM »

No. Similar to how ballistic rangefinder only applies to ballistic mounts
Not anymore, now ballistic rangefinder will boost all ballistic weapons, regardless in what mount they're in.

Source: https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/1624555618202796033
Please don't take me too seriously.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 09:30:37 AM »

It would be neat if it were some kind of algorithm or continuous function so you could calculate in your head how many reloads a ship will get rather than look at a spreadsheet or very long tooltip.

Currently it seems like the first row could be generated by (3,3,)6,9,15,24. If you applied the same logic to the next row keeping the frigate column constant then they might be (2,2),4,6,10,16 or (1,3),4,7,11,18. Alternatively maybe it could be like (2,3,5,8)*3/((small missile count)^(1/3)) to yield 6,9,15,24 , 5,7,12,19 , 4,6,10,17 etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:17:25 AM by CapnHector »
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2023, 09:58:56 AM »

No. Similar to how ballistic rangefinder only applies to ballistic mounts
Not anymore, now ballistic rangefinder will boost all ballistic weapons, regardless in what mount they're in.

Source: https://twitter.com/amosolov/status/1624555618202796033
But the ship needs a ballistic mount to install new Ballistic Rangefinder at all.  Ships without a ballistic mount will be blocked from using the hullmod.

If the ship has a ballistic mount, then yes, having ballistic weapons boosted in other mounts would be convenient.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:03:56 AM by Megas »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2023, 07:09:09 PM »

In my limited experience with spam, atropos are better because they can shoot over the allies in front which there will be a lot of when you bring 50+ ships.
Is that why Atropos exist? I never knew they can shoot over/under allies.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2023, 07:22:19 PM »

In my limited experience with spam, atropos are better because they can shoot over the allies in front which there will be a lot of when you bring 50+ ships.

Also the AI can shoot Atropos from sideways missile mounts, though they tend to fire it when it will flame out right before it reaches its target.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2023, 01:11:43 AM »

All guided missiles do that.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2023, 06:13:42 AM »

Nevermind, I’m just a bit blind.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 06:34:17 AM by BaBosa »

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2023, 08:30:07 PM »

4 reload points? Damn, guess the Sentry will still be the funny salamander spammer i like to use them as.
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.