Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 323024 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1320 on: June 03, 2023, 12:45:13 PM »

Wait, do mercs still have the Doom?
Mercs are not quite the same as Independents.  I meant true Independents, not other factions disguised as them like Mercenaries.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 03, 2023, 12:49:56 PM »

Got it.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 03, 2023, 03:41:18 PM »

Question:  Do the (non-merc) Independents use the Wolf in their fleets?  If not, it looks like an oversight (or is the Wolf really too low-powered for the Indies to bother using).

I noticed that the Independents use nearly every sub-capital military ship that are not blatant faction specialties (like XIV ships), but I also noticed that Wolf is one of the few non-capital ships that do not have an independent related tag (merc does not count).

Wolf line of ships.csv has "hightech_bp, merc, ind" Tags.  In the independent faction file, it lists ships with the "ind" and "independent" tags as being in faction.  So, yes, Wolves should be in independent (non-merc) fleets.  A quick check, and I see a Wolf in an independent Merchant fleet, and I can find one in an independent military market at the beginning of the game with Stellar Networks.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 03, 2023, 04:06:09 PM »

So ind was with Wolf.  I kept looking for ind for Wolf but could not find it.  I will need to look again to see how I missed that.

serp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 04, 2023, 06:29:51 PM »

I've noticed that when I get a VIP mission from Galatia, it almost always points to the Samarra system. This is across two(maybe three) ironman saves.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 05, 2023, 12:18:45 AM »

Can confirm, most of the time the "transport VIP from Galatia" mission sends me to Samarra.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 05, 2023, 01:24:50 AM »

Done the mission once, same here.
But what irritated me more was, how excited that VIP acted for a short 2, 3 day travel without anything happening. I mean, has she never left her home planet, or what?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 05, 2023, 02:27:34 AM »

As someone who has never left his home planet and would be very excited by a three day trip to another star, I find that VIP very relatable.

Seriously though, I think this mission helps to illustrate that most people in the sector never actually left their home planet. Being a starfarer is something special post-collapse, not the norm.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 05, 2023, 02:34:37 AM »

Ok. Can't remember the exact wording of this story, but I thought being the daughter of a VIP means, that travelling to different planets is kind of part of the job. (Especially being the daughter of a VIP of an "explorer's guild".)

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 05, 2023, 02:49:07 AM »

For what it's worth in my save I have gotten that VIP mission sending me to Kanta's Den in Magec, so it doesn't seem bugged to only send you to Samarra at least.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 05, 2023, 07:35:49 AM »

Hmm, I thought it might be some debug code left in by mistake, but I think it's actually fine. Nothing looks wrong and first try I got the mission sending me to Raesvelg (in Valhalla).

(Especially being the daughter of a VIP of an "explorer's guild".)

(One might easily imagine how an explorer is much more aware of all the dangers that are out there and takes pains to shelter their children from it...)

Seriously though, I think this mission helps to illustrate that most people in the sector never actually left their home planet. Being a starfarer is something special post-collapse, not the norm.

Yes, exactly!

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 05, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »

Hope this is an acceptable place for bug reports- the Academy Ruins Data Recovery mission can send you to Gas Giants, that contain ruins.
Scattered, sinking buoyant platforms dot the clouds of $planet, perchance holding last caches of valuable materials.
A tiny bug, but a bug none-the-less.

Spoiler

[close]

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 05, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »

Hey quick question, can you fix the AI XIV battlegroup using hull restoration skill or are those ships by default stuck like that due to balancing reasons?
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 05, 2023, 10:06:32 AM »

Hey quick question, can you fix the AI XIV battlegroup using hull restoration skill or are those ships by default stuck like that due to balancing reasons?

Stuck.

CapnHector

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 05, 2023, 10:11:27 AM »

They're not stuck. If you use them in combat and they die they get new D-mods that are also unremovable like the initial ones.
5 ships vs 5 Ordos: Executor · Invictus · Paragon · Astral · Legion · Onslaught · Odyssey | Video LibraryHiruma Kai's Challenge
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 99