Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322200 times)

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1290 on: May 30, 2023, 01:40:38 AM »

Yep. Thought the black market hulls could probably stand to be a bit less pristine.

Yeah, it should not be that easy for the black market to aquire prestine ships. Maybe black market could be reworked so prestine ships be sold at a premium price and be much rarer.

Btw, I figured out why ships often go sideway when under fire: they try to boost away... Problem is, many of the ships that attempt that either don't have the capability, or they don't have the charge to do it thus all they do is take more damage while turning their guns away from the enemy. At least that what I observed.
If the ship's front armour is destroyed then the AI will turn it so fresh armor is facing the enemy.

There should be like two types of black markets. The cheap one run by poor people trying to avoid taxes and a rich black market run by professional smugglers trying to make money by getting around restrictions. Probably keep it all on the same page but have two different lists of ships to pick from.

Wait don't we already have that with illegal arms dealers when encountering them in taverns or pubs? sounds a little repetitive if there was already another black market to sell more high end hulls. Would bump to have black markets sell more ships with D-mods. still remember getting an XIV onslaught on the black market in chicomoztoc without any d-mods but the one's in the open market have 1 or 2 D-mods.
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Foraven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 30, 2023, 04:41:22 PM »

If the ship's front armour is destroyed then the AI will turn it so fresh armor is facing the enemy.

Ah well, I stand corrected.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 31, 2023, 02:15:10 AM »

Has anything changed in the AI when attacking stations? I feel like the ships are slightly more aggressive than before and end up taking some unnecessary damage.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 31, 2023, 04:19:59 AM »

Encountered a scenario where I got a few brilliants(used Alpha cores) and instead of staying a safe distance they began to ram the front of the station and died after that. Seen this a lot lately with AI ships even steady does not stay a safe distance anymore(although they only start to get close once the stations flux is high).
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 31, 2023, 04:34:35 AM »

Has anything changed in the AI when attacking stations? I feel like the ships are slightly more aggressive than before and end up taking some unnecessary damage.
Hasn't that always been an issue? It is because stations always outrange ships so the AI gets really aggressive since staying at a distance doesn't really help.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 31, 2023, 05:20:47 AM »

Hasn't that always been an issue? It is because stations always outrange ships so the AI gets really aggressive since staying at a distance doesn't really help.

Oh yeah, when fighting stations AI gets a major kick in the butt. But I feel like the kick is stronger in this patch.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 31, 2023, 01:41:32 PM »

For the .1 patch it'd be nice to get a few more destroyers—we've only got a single midline combat destroyer for example and no "heavy" combat destroyer classes at all.

I'm sure there are others that agree that out of all the ship sizes, destroyer is the one that needs the most love. Frigates/Cruisers/Capitals are doing just fine, but destroyers struggle to find a place—especially in late game fleets.

BigBrainEnergy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 31, 2023, 03:15:56 PM »

For the .1 patch it'd be nice to get a few more destroyers—we've only got a single midline combat destroyer for example and no "heavy" combat destroyer classes at all.

Sunder, hammerhead, enforcer.

Don't get me wrong, more destroyers would be cool but we do already have a decent variety: 2 combat destroyers per tech level plus lowtech and midline carriers.
TL;DR deez nuts

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 31, 2023, 03:34:32 PM »

Don't get me wrong, more destroyers would be cool but we do already have a decent variety: 2 combat destroyers per tech level plus lowtech and midline carriers.
Plus the semi-combatants; the Mule has never been terrible, and the Gemini exists, at least. Haven't actually played with it this update, but the buffs it got aren't nothing.

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 31, 2023, 09:14:09 PM »

I've noticed this too. Ships with movement abilities try to ram the smaller modules, which generally leaves them out of position and unable to retreat. I've mostly seen this with automated ships and pirates (but maybe this is because those ships have movement-related abilities more often) - is it possible that reckless AI is only considering the targeted module, and not the whole station?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 31, 2023, 10:49:23 PM »

it'd be nice to get a few more destroyers
1000 times this, it would be reaally nice to have more choice in the destroyer department with + 1-2 per doctrine and maybe an outlier with a different design or something, especially more combat destroyers as opposed to utility or carrier ones would be nice, and to a lesser degree I'd like 1-3 more cruisers...

Without redacted and stuff we have like what, 7 or so base variants of combat destroyers plus 2 carriers and some freighters, and sure, we do have variants like LP or XIV or pirate which is awesome but I'd really like to have more new base variants. Moar please. ^^ Oh damn I feel like I am being sort of a nuisance with my request...

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 01, 2023, 02:14:43 AM »

Destroyers are in an awkward spot where they're often neither quite fast enough or tough enough to survive long enough to help in bigger battles without being made overpowered in early game fights. Hammerheads are properly the best example of this, in early game they're really good but then fall off in the late game. They generally need to have a gimmick or be elite like Hyperion to stay relevant.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 01, 2023, 02:17:18 AM »

Hyperion is a frigate...

It seems only the long ranged Destroyers have a place in late game fights, like Sunders and Manticores. You could use Shrikes and Medusas for pursuit scenarios but frigates are better.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 01, 2023, 02:57:57 AM »

While destroyers are kinda too slow to catch faster frigates, I still like them that way, but if we get new ones maybe a class of "pursuit" destroyers or some with decent speed or a good movement system could be nice to crush frigates which are faster than 100, and yes, Medusa and Shrike are fast and fit that role. Damn, I know I am being a nag but I would really like more destroyers and maybe a few more cruisers.

E: The Huntress, a destroyer from Vayras ship pack (? or Vayras Sector?) I think would be a nice addition after maybe rebalancing it, I think it fits vanilla well.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 03:02:08 AM by Dadada »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 01, 2023, 03:08:31 AM »

Ehh, destroyers are cool but kinda limited in what they do. I'm always more excited about upcoming cruisers, as they're in the sweetspot of ship classes. Big enough that they make an impact and have great build variety while also not costing 40 DP so that most fleet are cruiser heavy. The feeling of fighting each faction usually rests on cruisers since you'll probably spend most of the time engaging with them (small ships die fast and capitals are here and there).

Note that we still don't have a high tech ship with a large energy turret. Apogee has a hardpoint and Champion is almost a high tech ship.
Please don't take me too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 99