Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 319176 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1260 on: May 26, 2023, 02:03:01 AM »

Spoiler
which initially are sensor ghosts before they hover in and reveal themselves
[close]
Oh, those ones are vanilla, but I never had an idea distance was a factor there, besides the event not happening in the core worlds.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 27, 2023, 03:17:09 AM »

Hyperspace ghosts resolving into derelicts, I mean a hyperspace ghost resolving into a single random derelict ship is vanilla or am I mistaken? Never saw that in my 30-45h fresh RC10 run either. I did have the
Spoiler
shadowing ghost, the charge ghost, the stream generating ghost, the interdicting ghost/s and maybe even a swarm of smaller ghosts but I encountered zero ghosts to derelicts and as mentioned no ghosts turned into redacted rust bucket fleets
[close]

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 27, 2023, 03:33:26 AM »

I mean a hyperspace ghost resolving into a single random derelict ship is vanilla

Yes.

I don't think the D-modded Remnant fleet is a ghost, they just hang out in hyperspace close to edge of the map.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 27, 2023, 03:41:17 AM »

Afaik ghost fleets can hover in and resolve into heavily D-modded remnant fleets which are inactive but can be attacked if one wishes, chance of a ghost fleet resolving into a remnant fleet is very low I think and needs a certain (far) distance from the core to happen at all(?), unless a mod did that but I think it is a vanilla feature.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 03:43:35 AM by Dadada »

serp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: May 27, 2023, 07:11:54 PM »

Does anyone think the Ziggurat fight has become way harder, somehow? It just phased inside of, and dumped lethal motes into, my executor, very very deliberately remaining atop him the whole time. After if stopped and phased back in, the Exec lasted like 10 seconds before being destroyed. If it had continued to do that after venting I don't know how many ships I would have lost. It might sound cool, but the high volition motes just **** you til you bleed, seemed very janky...the whole fight just seemed like an abortion from that horrible beginning

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 27, 2023, 07:15:22 PM »

Motes do unstoppable damage straight through shields, so anything that isn't low tech with heavy armor gets rekt instantly. You aren't really allowed to use a fleet you want against Zig, you have to play around the gimmick.

serp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 27, 2023, 08:00:39 PM »

Motes do unstoppable damage straight through shields, so anything that isn't low tech with heavy armor gets rekt instantly. You aren't really allowed to use a fleet you want against Zig, you have to play around the gimmick.

I remember originally thinking that the fight was a way to punish people for using high tech, which was more or less seen as far superior at the time. And carriers of course, lol. Not a very good foundation for a gimmick, if that's the case.

Fight a (supposedly) complete unknown with efficient shields and papery hulls? You die! How fun!

Anyway, I think the fight's much harder now, regardless

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 27, 2023, 08:09:51 PM »

Well, the phase AI has changed this version, but I'm not sure it did much for Zig. The difficulty there doesn't come from it doing anything smart, just "unfair" mechanics and high numbers. None of the hull or weapon stats, or captain skills, changed.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 27, 2023, 10:24:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure that through shields motes do only EMP damage so they can't destroy a ship on their own.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 27, 2023, 10:38:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure that through shields motes do only EMP damage so they can't destroy a ship on their own.
For you motes only do EMP damage (or rather, they do 1 energy damage on top). When you fight it, each EMP arc also deals 300 energy damage to armor/hull.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 27, 2023, 11:09:49 PM »

So both Ziggurats in sim_opponents_dev.csv are player Ziggurats? Because I remember testing against both of them.

What's the variant name for AI Ziggurat then?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 28, 2023, 04:32:08 AM »

Yesterday, I had a ghost manifest into a Monitor derelict ship.  It was not the usual blip for random derelict ships commonly seen, but it behaved like the Remnant ghost fleet (enough that I was expecting a fight with Remnant clunkers and take their ships), and it had special text about automated something.  However, the Monitor could be recovered like any other derelict human ship and it had no unusual properties.  The special text made me expect an automated human ship like the ones at Sentinel.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 28, 2023, 04:46:32 AM »

...and it had special text about automated something...
That's the only thing that sounds like a bug to me afaik since ghosts turning derelict and hovering in/circling in did just that in 0.95.1 to me, but I think the remnant "scrap heap" fleet has a bigger unidentified blob, man I still flinch when a big ghost fleet burn drives into me but a little blob hovering in tells me it is a harmless derelict and if it is bigger blob hovering in its an redacted trash can fleet...

What unidentified hyperspace blobs and nightmares will the next update introduce? o.O

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 28, 2023, 05:18:35 AM »

Does anyone think the Ziggurat fight has become way harder, somehow? It just phased inside of, and dumped lethal motes into, my executor, very very deliberately remaining atop him the whole time. After if stopped and phased back in, the Exec lasted like 10 seconds before being destroyed. If it had continued to do that after venting I don't know how many ships I would have lost. It might sound cool, but the high volition motes just **** you til you bleed, seemed very janky...the whole fight just seemed like an abortion from that horrible beginning

Yeah I ran into this myself, it'd just squat in phase exactly underneath my Auroras and almost instagib them through the shields.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 05:20:52 AM by prav »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 28, 2023, 05:39:52 AM »

I encountered Remnant ghost fleets more than once last release, but the Monitor ghost that moved like a ghost Remnant fleet before manifesting was new to me.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 99