Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321640 times)

Ehlloes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1245 on: May 22, 2023, 10:00:50 PM »

On a new save I've run into a 2 different star systems that have a neutron star as well as an habitable world, neither of which is irradiated. I believe this was supposed to be fixed, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact these are both trinary systems. This is on RC9.
As a side note, I've seen a few gates in systems with neutron stars, both where the neutron star is a secondary star (specifically the Gamma Sar system in the screenshot), and where the neutron star is the primary. I don't know if this intentional, but it's rather annoying, as using those gates becomes a bit of a roulette. I feel like it doesn't make a lot of lore sense either for the Domain to have placed interstellar travel points right next to the No. 1 stellar hazard.

Sts678

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 23, 2023, 01:54:00 AM »

Hello, Alex. The name of Pegasus shown in the missions seems to have some problem with its row spacing.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 23, 2023, 03:56:32 AM »

Noticed Executor is missing from Codex despite being "known" by and sold by (in Military Markets) the Sindrian Diktat.

Intentional, or missed out? Or will it show up if my rep goes up with them (so I can access their Military Markets)? Or once I see it being flown? Just checking...

#makeCodexGreatAgain (and could we get D-Mods in the Codex as well? Would help new and old players, I bet).

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 23, 2023, 06:15:29 AM »

Noticed Executor is missing from Codex despite being "known" by and sold by (in Military Markets) the Sindrian Diktat.

Intentional, or missed out? Or will it show up if my rep goes up with them (so I can access their Military Markets)? Or once I see it being flown? Just checking...

#makeCodexGreatAgain (and could we get D-Mods in the Codex as well? Would help new and old players, I bet).
Executor is a skin of the Pegasus and the codex doesn’t show skins.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 24, 2023, 10:24:14 AM »

Regarding an early finding of the Hamatsu & return to Ibrahim,

- More severely, this mission will be broken - the player will be unable to make the exchange. An exclamation point will be next to her comm entry, but no dialogue option will appear.

Is anyone else seeing this, is there some condition I'm missing? It works just fine if I start a new game and try it out.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 24, 2023, 10:27:10 AM »

- More severely, this mission will be broken - the player will be unable to make the exchange. An exclamation point will be next to her comm entry, but no dialogue option will appear.

Is anyone else seeing this, is there some condition I'm missing? It works just fine if I start a new game and try it out.
I found the Hamatsu and returned it before starting up that section of the main plot, and it worked fine for me.

(Though, sample size of one, here. Well, two, I guess, with David's comment on having tested it above. From which we can conclude that this definitely works at least some of the time!)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 24, 2023, 10:34:09 AM »

Just started a new game with Navigation as my first skill, grabbed the Hamatsu, returned it just fine.

Sticking the MC in the captain's seat didn't interfere with the handover, but I'm not sure what would have happened if it was the only ship in my fleet.

... That said, having just done that, the game should probably have a special message for the player when they actually do that rather than quietly giving them the quest in the background. Preferably a message that happens before the player can choose to break the ship up.

There's in-universe explanations for why the MC would know to hand the ship over to Ibrahim, but they're not things that go without saying, and it's far from impossible for an exploration-minded player to find the ship early without intentionally trying to sequence break.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:39:02 AM by Candesce »

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 24, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »

I always go to the hidden location as early as possible, sometimes right after beating the tutorial.  I'm just there for the Omega weapons but the hundred grand you get for returning the Hamatsu is a nice bonus as well.  In both my previous campaign in .96a RC6 and my current campaign that started on RC9 and I moved my save over to RC10, it has worked fine, although I returned the Hamatsu before I moved my save to RC10.  So call that a sample size of four.

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 24, 2023, 09:17:09 PM »

Tested it again and it came out fine. Uncertain what went wrong the first time, but I'm unable to replicate it. Most likely something obscure on my end due to my having broken something else somewhere, and not worth worrying about, given that others haven't reported any issues.

I did find a few more things since my last post. Mostly small things, but some might be worth looking into:

- (Bug?) The player can occasionally see a pirate Academy Shuttle Service ship. It'll give the standard pirate greetings, and attempt to interdict non-pirate traffic. I think they spawn at pirate bases, but I'm not sure.

- (Very minor) Inspections and expeditions that get destroyed by any means are credited to the "defenders" of a colony.

- (Bug) A "Hegemony is not hostile, are you sure you want to go to war with them?" message pops up sometimes when dealing with the rogue Hegemony officer after rescuing Gargoyle. It doesn't happen all the time, and will resolve itself if the player clicks on another dialogue after it happens and then engages.

- (Very minor) If the player obtains Scylla and the archive at the same time, he'll have to undock and redock before the archive can be turned in.

- (Very minor) A derelict Executor gets labelled as a "Pegasus-class Missile Battleship" when moused over.

- (Intentional?) The player can't mention the planet-killer to any of the Persean League NPCs.

- (Intentional?) The player can meet with Kanta after Kanta's Den de-civilizes. Kanta's Wrath also persists after decivilization.

- (Bug) If the player meets with Kanta after the den decivilizes, the station leader will not be present in the game's data, and his name will appear as "$personName" in the dialogue.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 25, 2023, 06:21:00 AM »

(lots of bug reports)

Awesome, thank you! This is a good pile of issues that have given us much to figure out.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 26, 2023, 12:37:14 AM »

Hey, I have 2 minor bugs to report (vanilla):
3 times I experienced it, every 10 - 15 hours the game sort of slows down: saving and using a jump hole etc. takes 10 times as long, the save progress bar stutters once the slowdown happens, I restarted the game each time it happened and that fixed it, xmx etc. to 4096 had no effect (changed it from standard values after it happend the first time, sort of hoped to fix it). I did not experience such slowdowns in earlier versions without mods...
Except for that the game runs smooth in 4k as it should I guess.
(pc used for the game: Haswell Core i5 4590 3.3GHz base clock, 20GB ram, TLC SSD Crucial mx500 1TB, gtx 960 4GB)

Second one: battered redacted fleets in hyperspace further away from the core are a vanilla feature, right? I encountered zero of them, so either they are not spawning or they are reaallly rare now.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 26, 2023, 12:42:53 AM »

Second one: battered redacted fleets in hyperspace further away from the core are a vanilla feature, right?
Wrong.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 26, 2023, 12:54:39 AM »

Second one: battered redacted fleets in hyperspace further away from the core are a vanilla feature, right?
Wrong.
Never used that mod.

- (Intentional?) The player can't mention the planet-killer to any of the Persean League NPCs.
This I guess but I did not check all Persean markets.

Additional info (4 da balance I guess), contains spoilers:
Spoiler
I did all content except hypershunt, the bounty with the dorito and bounties with 2 or more guardians, without fitting any ships by hand or flying a ship so only autofit + battle commands, also had only a few officers in use.

My fleets with 200DP - 350DP I used consisted of:
Capitals only against battle stations and star fortresses, like paragon, the new missle capital and Astral. Dooms, Eradicators non P, occasionally Apogees, Auroras, Eagles, Champions and Falcon P.
Destroyers and smaller: Sunders including the ones from Sindra, Hammerheads, Medusas, normal and TT brawlers, Afflictors mostly P. I mostly commanded point taking, flanking/battle line and the occasional eliminate, otherwise I did not do much, Ordos or some (a few) high bounties were a pain, the more expensive TT elite phase bounty was a pain, rest of the content was a breeze.

E: I did not dare to progress the event bar with my colonies but I found [the bomb].
E2: No S-Mods on combat ships were used. :D I am surprised it worked that well, with only a few officers and zero hand fitted combat ships, no S-Mods... Okay, Dooms are insane especially with system expertise, Afflictors and Eradicators are very strong, Sunders with High Intensity or Autopulse lasers (and Tach Lances) are strong.

E3: I also used the insane monitors for a few hours in the earlier part of the run, the fleet was mostly below 240DP excluding logistics and fortress busting for most of the run. Autofit is stronger than I expected. :D
[close]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 01:46:37 AM by Dadada »

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 26, 2023, 01:37:26 AM »

Second one: battered redacted fleets in hyperspace further away from the core are a vanilla feature, right? I encountered zero of them, so either they are not spawning or they are reaallly rare now.

They always were very rare. But yeah they're a vanilla feature, as long as they have D-mods, don't move and give you the special text.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 26, 2023, 01:46:01 AM »

Yeah. RC10 fresh run, I wasn't much in the outskirts of the sector but I encountered ZERO such fleets
Spoiler
which initially are sensor ghosts before they hover in and reveal themselves
[close]
in 30-45h of play time...
Spoiler
I think they also don't have any cores.
[close]

E: Found some screenshots online, so maybe they can have friend balls? I don't remember...
>distance
Yeah, I think it is but I dunno? Really weird that I didn't find a single one... I mean I wasn't much in the outskirts but still...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 06:29:49 AM by Dadada »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99