Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 319168 times)

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1200 on: May 20, 2023, 03:25:26 PM »

A new hotfix is always very welcome.

• Trade fleets should in general not try to engage each other even if their factions are hostile
Although that behaviour is understandable, it's a sad day for all scavenger players. Those battles would leave a nice amount of loot that could be really helpful in the early game, plus you didn't have to worry about being jumped while salvaging the left-overs.

• Fixed issue with patrol fleets "patrolling system" and then "preparing for patrol duty", in some circumstances
I'm again and again impressed how quick you fix even such small bugs.

• Fixed issue that caused recovered ships with d-mods that were a modification of another hull - such as Falcon (P) or Brawler (TT) to show the base hull's variants in the autofit dialog
Also noticed this one in my current run and checked the save after updating to RC10: Both my Brawler (LP) and my Gremlin (P) still only show the base variants, when I check the autofit-options. Does this one also only work for new saves/new ships?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 20, 2023, 03:27:00 PM »

• Fixed issue that caused recovered ships with d-mods that were a modification of another hull - such as Falcon (P) or Brawler (TT) to show the base hull's variants in the autofit dialog
Also noticed this one in my current run and checked the save after updating to RC10: Both my Brawler (LP) and my Gremlin (P) still only show the base variants, when I check the autofit-options. Does this one also only work for new saves/new ships?

Part of the fix was in how such ships are recovered, so it wouldn't affect already-recovered ships, iirc.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 20, 2023, 03:33:26 PM »

Part of the fix was in how such ships are recovered, so it wouldn't affect already-recovered ships, iirc.

Ok, so only a fix for new ships, got it.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 20, 2023, 03:34:30 PM »

Uhh, Asharus stellar shade is orbiting the sun in sync with the comm relay I guess? Is that normal?

Fresh RC10 although I still have a separate 0.95.1, Vanilla so zero mods, only change I did in the config was altmousetransfer on.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 20, 2023, 03:38:55 PM »

It's normal; the shade presumably went out of its orbit.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 20, 2023, 03:40:37 PM »

Ohh... Okay.

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 20, 2023, 04:00:19 PM »

Yet another one.  There's some weirdness with the climax of the Galatia Academy storyline.  If this is obnoxious, I'll make separate topics in Bug Reports for all these, but it seems to be working.

Major Spoilers for the campaign
So after I met Cotton again and got the Loke clone from him, I took him back to the den, Kanta broke the deal as she has the other forty times I played the campaign this far, I spaced the clone, and fought the mercenary fleets.  Now my standard campaign story goes, I fight the mercenary fleets, then fight the Den itself, then I raid the Den until there's nothing left worth stealing, then I raid it until all the infrastructure is disabled for a year or more, then I precision bomb it.  But this time, the game wouldn't let me fight the Den, it said so much heat has been generated by my actions I can't do any business there.  I just want to trade a bunch of missiles and bullets for a bunch of experience points and a bit of satisfaction, but I can't even attack the Den.  A nearby Independent fleet was able to throw themselves suicidally at the battlestation, but I couldn't.  I even Transverse Jumped out of the system and came back in, but it still wouldn't let me fight the Den.

So I went to the Academy with Elissa Zal to finish the story, and Baird showed me a video of something that didn't happen.
https://i.imgur.com/Agk6U3V.jpg
I mean, that's how it would have gone, if I had been able to demolish the Den, I would have went to the Gate afterwards.  But I was thinking I need to turn in Zal at the Academy and maybe I will be able to interact with the Den again.  I didn't get the chance, because the Den decivilized while I was en route to the Academy.  I didn't even get to give my Judge Dredd speech.

Maybe this happened because I had raided the Den for drugs and luxury goods a month before and there was a lingering stability penalty left over, which took effect when the Den was no longer plot-protected from being decivilized?  I'd still like to have got the final whack in on them after Kanta betrayed me like the Darth Vader-wannabe version of Ma-Ma scorpion-in-the-shape-of-a-cyborg that she is (I mean that as a compliment if you read this, Jorien).  I gave my word to Brother Livewell.

Then when I went back to the ruins of the Den, there's only two inhabitants, the traffic control officer that likes half red and half green fry, and a somewhat impolite portboss who is not even courteous enough to have a defined identity.
https://i.imgur.com/eqS6V3I.jpg

This is the same campaign I've been talking about the past few days, started in .96 hotfix 9, moved my save over to hotfix 10 this morning, modded only in that my max character level is 30 and my max battle size is 500 and a custom faction flag.
[close]

Nice touch having my systems officer complain about the screen whiteout when ships explode.  Too bad, put on your sunglasses and deal with it, I like it that way.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 20, 2023, 04:06:46 PM »

Do you happen to have a save where you can't fight the den? That sounds weird.

Spoiler
(The video Baird showed you is fine, 100% intentional. Sure you didn't do it, a little thing like that isn't going to stop her PR campaign.)
[close]

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 20, 2023, 04:17:14 PM »

Absolutely I have a save.  You can even see the Independent fleet fighting the Den.  Do I 7zip the whole save folder and send it to you via PM, or do I just need to send "campaign.xml" and "descriptor.xml"?

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 20, 2023, 04:19:15 PM »

Executor.skin is lacking a hullDesignation so the new update to the Pegasus hull designation is making the Executor a Missile Battleship as well. Is this intended?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 20, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »

Absolutely I have a save.  You can even see the Independent fleet fighting the Den.  Do I 7zip the whole save folder and send it to you via PM, or do I just need to send "campaign.xml" and "descriptor.xml"?

The save folder would be ideal, fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com, if you don't mind - thank you!

Executor.skin is lacking a hullDesignation so the new update to the Pegasus hull designation is making the Executor a Missile Battleship as well. Is this intended?

Not intended and fixed :)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 20, 2023, 04:44:30 PM »

I think you should make a special AI tweak to the Invictus that will make it much, much more likely to vent when near max flux even under heavy fire. I mean, what good does sitting around at near max flux do it when surrounded by enemies? Have it vent even under heavy fire so it can get off a few Lidars before it gets worn down.

As it stands now I see it simply hover at near max flux when ganged on, only squeezing off a few Devastator shots when its poor flux dissipation allows, which is of no threat to anything. Having the AI vent immediately upon reaching max flux is the logical thing to do for a ship with so much armor and hull.

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 20, 2023, 04:46:24 PM »

So doing a quick fresh run through the campaign in the latest release checking for bugs, and ran into a similar issue to:

Tri-Tachyon scan fleet will not block you from using [thing] in "At The Gates" mission finale stage

But instead of having run into the Tri-tach fleet in the Magec system earlier and just skipping it, I ran into the pirate fleet that pulses their drive, and skipped it and scanned 6 other gates.  Now at the final stage of the story, I'm directed to take the gate, but cannot, getting the pulsing drive bubble description.  And the prior pirate fleet from earlier in the storyline is not visible anywhere near.

Is this intended behavior, or was that supposed to have a similar fix like the Tri-tach fleet?

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 20, 2023, 05:35:10 PM »

I wish the executor went completely in the opposite direction of the pegasus, removing missiles entirely, even the slots in the back, maybe in exchange for a bit more flux dissipation? or maybe a another couple of medium energy slots pointing forwards
Missiles are always nice to have though.
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 20, 2023, 05:53:48 PM »

I think you should make a special AI tweak to the Invictus that will make it much, much more likely to vent when near max flux even under heavy fire. I mean, what good does sitting around at near max flux do it when surrounded by enemies? Have it vent even under heavy fire so it can get off a few Lidars before it gets worn down.

As it stands now I see it simply hover at near max flux when ganged on, only squeezing off a few Devastator shots when its poor flux dissipation allows, which is of no threat to anything. Having the AI vent immediately upon reaching max flux is the logical thing to do for a ship with so much armor and hull.

I get what you're saying - and made a note - but I don't think it's all that straightforward. It gives up point-defenses and the use of Canister Flak while venting, which can make quite a difference if there are bombers or torpedoes or similar around.

In general, ships without shields suffer less from being at high flux, too - sometimes it's even a positive (as with polarized armor), and the dissipation of the Invictus can be pretty good - 1000+. So it *can* put out reasonable firepower. And, on the flipside, if its dissipation is poor, it'll take even longer to vent.

And if it's surrounded... I'm not sure how much venting is going to help, really. I mean, there'll be situations when it does and when it doesn't.

Being so tough does mean it could get away with it more often, though, certainly. I just think it's not always clear when, and there are some other factors pulling in the other direction, too.

So doing a quick fresh run through the campaign in the latest release checking for bugs, and ran into a similar issue to:

Tri-Tachyon scan fleet will not block you from using [thing] in "At The Gates" mission finale stage

But instead of having run into the Tri-tach fleet in the Magec system earlier and just skipping it, I ran into the pirate fleet that pulses their drive, and skipped it and scanned 6 other gates.  Now at the final stage of the story, I'm directed to take the gate, but cannot, getting the pulsing drive bubble description.  And the prior pirate fleet from earlier in the storyline is not visible anywhere near.

Is this intended behavior, or was that supposed to have a similar fix like the Tri-tach fleet?

Thank you, made a note! Not intended behavior, but also something where I could see how it would not have been affected by the Tri-Tach fleet fix.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 99