Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 322286 times)

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1170 on: May 19, 2023, 11:55:09 AM »

Several different ships were using quantum disruptor on same ship while the effect is still lasting. Is this fixed yet?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 19, 2023, 12:05:43 PM »

One s-mod that is mostly lame to s-mod is High Scatter Amplifier.  +5% damage for a hullmod that is hard to justify using in the first place.
Yeah but HSA is not a very cheap hullmod. Generally the cheaper ones get better bonuses, and Solar Shielding is cheap.

I am now vaguely curious as to what your typical skill spread looks like since Leadership 5 still leaves the possibility for up to 10 combat skills, or up to 8 if you want combat skills from Technology and Industry.  Those numbers only sound low in comparison to the maximum of 13 combat skills (which I personally do when soloing with my flagship).  I'll note even just Coordinated Maneuvers and Crew Training are solid bonuses to nearly any flagship (okay not so much Coordinated Maneuvers and an Onslaught, but still).
Ok so my average run has these skills:
Helmsmanship - Impact Mitigation - Field Modulation - Target Analysis - (depends on flagship) usually Missile Spec
Crew Training
Navigation - Gunnery Implants - Flux Regulation
Bulk Transport (Field Repairs for low tech runs) - Ordnance Expertise - Containment Procedures

This only makes for 12 skills but depending if my flagship is low tech (midline) or high tech, I go for Ballistic Mastery, Damage Control and Point Defense, and for high tech ships I double back to the Tech tree for Sensors, Energy Weapon Mastery and Electronic Warfare. I sometimes take Coordinated Maneuvers but other skills seem meh to me if I don't plan going full Leadership.
Tactical Drills is worse Crew Training, I don't need more officers and I don't use carriers much.

EDIT: As it's known to most players, the best skills are actually in other tiers. Ordnance Expertise is a godsend on capitals bristling with guns that need to squeeze the most of their flux.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 19, 2023, 12:06:31 PM »

Several different ships were using quantum disruptor on same ship while the effect is still lasting. Is this fixed yet?

Oh, oops! Can't believe it wasn't checking for that; fixed.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 19, 2023, 01:03:35 PM »

Finally checked out the old space wizard and his companions at Asharu.  What a blatant Star Wars shout out, especially with the commander acting like a bit like Han Solo (when selecting the obvious choices).  And the (!) quest patrol near Volturn was totally expected.  Easily avoided him off with T-Jump (after luring the fleet away from the water world).

Also played out the Usurpers and got a few LG goodies out of it.  Kinetic Blasters are occasionally handy when Pulse Laser is not powerful enough (because of the ship's mounts).

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 19, 2023, 01:21:56 PM »

Finally checked out the old space wizard and his companions at Asharu.  What a blatant Star Wars shout out, especially with the commander acting like a bit like Han Solo (when selecting the obvious choices).  And the (!) quest patrol near Volturn was totally expected.  Easily avoided him off with T-Jump (after luring the fleet away from the water world).

I feel like it's best to do that quest in a d-modded Hound fit with two small guns, Augmented Drive Field, Safety Overrides, and Unstable Injector, so you can lay claim to the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.  Also bonus points from a spacer start, so you've got a mysterious debt (to a potential crime boss to be revealed in StarSector 3.0). :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 19, 2023, 05:58:25 PM »

Just make Kanta the crime boss.  The robot-zombie-pirate is close enough to Jabba, and has a minion (Cydonia?) who gets humiliated from time to time.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 19, 2023, 06:49:02 PM »

Oh, oops! Can't believe it wasn't checking for that; fixed.

On a related note: does Entropy Amplifier stack? The code looks like it does.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 19, 2023, 08:11:03 PM »

On a related note: does Entropy Amplifier stack? The code looks like it does.

It shouldn't; they'll all modify the target's damage-taken stats using the same id, meaning they'll just overwrite each other's modifications (with the same value).

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 19, 2023, 08:21:36 PM »

I just want to say that its the worst update since(lets me check) 2022. Of course some people may argue that ist actualy the best update since 2022. We may both right because it was only update since 2022.
So far having fun, Luddic quest is quite nice and wholesome. Really great art.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 19, 2023, 08:53:02 PM »

I am now vaguely curious as to what your typical skill spread looks like since Leadership 5 still leaves the possibility for up to 10 combat skills, or up to 8 if you want combat skills from Technology and Industry.

I never got seriously into flagshipping but from my theorycrafting if you pilot a fast short ranged high tech ship like Aurora you can get by with as little as three combat skills and still remain effective. Hell, you could probably make do with only two(Field Modulation and Target Analysis)

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 20, 2023, 01:39:33 AM »

Okay double post because this is just funny.

When you order a ship to retreat it will cause it to instantly drop shields and then to flicker them constantly. Which means ordering your ship to retreat is one of the easiest ways to lose it.

I even managed to reliably replicate this in the sim: take a Monitor, spawn a Paragon, move Monitor close then order either Retreat or Direct Retreat. The Monitor instantly drops shields. If it survives, then it will continue to raise shields only to immediately drop them when they're fully raised, over and over.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 20, 2023, 02:17:33 AM »

Yeah the AI is either god tier or absolute clowns with shield usage, there's no middle ground. Is it even aware of the zero flux speed boost? Because I have a similar problem with it.

End of the fight, there's only a single enemy frigate left, all by itself. And my genius AI Aurora with an aggressive officer will slowly approach it with shields up and not even use the system to kill it. It can be a Shephed, a Hound, anything non threatening all alone. And somehow the AI is scared of it, like something horrible is going to spawn out of it if it dies. Even steady ships should try to end the fight versus a single lone non phase frigate, especially a 30 DP aggressive elite ship.

So sometimes I'm so annoyed that I have to transfer command and do it myself. Scarab also tends to not realize how strong it is and just slowly drifts towards the enemy. This is not new though, I've witnessed this in previous versions but it's not a huge deal since you can just give the Eliminate command. But sometimes even then they seem skittish.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 20, 2023, 09:08:12 AM »

The most clown usage of shield i saw - radiant with gamma core used shield to "tank" one gazer missile beam on the rear side with no enemy ships here at all while enemy eagle was in front of it with half flux empty for weapons usage. Needless to say next thing is eagle fires all weapons and AI cant rise shields in time receiving damage on precious forward armor.
    Also all high tech frigates love to be destroyed by auto cannon fire on hull  the worst offenders is omens and even scarabs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 09:10:45 AM by Vind »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 20, 2023, 09:47:08 AM »

I even managed to reliably replicate this in the sim: take a Monitor, spawn a Paragon, move Monitor close then order either Retreat or Direct Retreat. The Monitor instantly drops shields. If it survives, then it will continue to raise shields only to immediately drop them when they're fully raised, over and over.

Hmm - I'm not able to reproduce this here; tried about 10 times. The only time that comes close is if the Paragon has its AI toggled off and no weapons pointing at the Monitor, but that doesn't seem like what you're talking about.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 20, 2023, 10:20:38 AM »

Hotfix is up! Full list of changes in the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 99