Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321588 times)

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1140 on: May 17, 2023, 08:39:31 PM »

I think part of the problem is they shut off when using the system. I was under the impression that only the ballistic turrets would shut off so I tried pairing a pure kinetic barrage with hurricanes, but it doesn't work at all. Personally, I'd like to see this restriction removed; the turrets can still shut off but please let me use the missiles while Lidar is active.
Guess you could throw pilum catapults on it? You should be able to deploy a barrage between lidar uses. Was going to suggest gazer DEM to help you add pressure but they only come on small and medium
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 17, 2023, 08:43:27 PM »

Possible bug: The Hull Restoration skill might not be working on the AI-piloted XIV ships. The rest of the fleet has no more D-mods, but the AI ships are still stacking a whole bunch of them after a long time in the fleet.

Lawrence Master-blaster

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 17, 2023, 09:09:11 PM »

Anyone else feels like large missiles are a trap on Invictus? For everything else you get a huge benefit, and the total amount of OP is super small. So why spend precious OP on missiles when the whole purpose of the ship is pointing at another big thing and unleashing ballistic firepower, while at the same time having enough defensive hullmods so your weapons never stop firing and so you can vent in under 15 seconds.

Once I removed the missiles I never looked back.

I think part of the problem is they shut off when using the system. I was under the impression that only the ballistic turrets would shut off so I tried pairing a pure kinetic barrage with hurricanes, but it doesn't work at all. Personally, I'd like to see this restriction removed; the turrets can still shut off but please let me use the missiles while Lidar is active.

Sounds like the perfect candidate for the new Catapult pilums. Cheap OP-wise, don't require EMR and they can fire faster than they regenerate ammo so LIDAR doesn't get too much in the way.

Insolent Peon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 17, 2023, 11:28:47 PM »

Thank you for the save, got it! Aha!

It looks like a mod is putting stuff into the save, in a MemoryAPI, under a key of "$ST_enabledCommodities". And what it's putting there is references to obfuscated core classes, which it should not do. Both because 1) it will cause problems like you've run into, or worse and 2) it's inefficient, basically putting some static data that doesn't change into this memory, instead of using a commodity id and retrieving the details at runtime. I'm not sure what mod is the culprit, but perhaps the $ST_ prefix rings a bell?

Sounds like Space Trucking to me.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 17, 2023, 11:35:05 PM »

Possible bug: The Hull Restoration skill might not be working on the AI-piloted XIV ships. The rest of the fleet has no more D-mods, but the AI ships are still stacking a whole bunch of them after a long time in the fleet.
intended
Cabbage

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 18, 2023, 01:14:13 AM »

Power!!!

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 18, 2023, 01:17:16 AM »

Are there any plans to revert to the old large points of the pegasus? I find it not as fun as it used to be because of the recent patch and made it feel like a bigger version of gryphon now. wouldn't just reducing the charges while keeping the large hardpoints serve as a balance ?
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 18, 2023, 01:24:16 AM »

Are there any plans to revert to the old large points of the pegasus? I find it not as fun as it used to be because of the recent patch and made it feel like a bigger version of gryphon now. wouldn't just reducing the charges while keeping the large hardpoints serve as a balance ?
Yes in the next hotfix, but there will be some other changes to the ship as well.
Please don't take me too seriously.

NaokiP

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 18, 2023, 02:04:44 AM »

Thank you for the save, got it! Aha!

It looks like a mod is putting stuff into the save, in a MemoryAPI, under a key of "$ST_enabledCommodities". And what it's putting there is references to obfuscated core classes, which it should not do. Both because 1) it will cause problems like you've run into, or worse and 2) it's inefficient, basically putting some static data that doesn't change into this memory, instead of using a commodity id and retrieving the details at runtime. I'm not sure what mod is the culprit, but perhaps the $ST_ prefix rings a bell?

ST and commodities... sounds like Space Trucking could be it. Thanks for the prompt reply again and for pointing me in the right direction, I'll take it to the relevant thread!

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 18, 2023, 03:19:21 AM »

@ Alex : Had to re-read the Lidar Array tooltip and it does say that it disables turrets and beam weapons, so missile weapons should be firing while Lidar is active, which they don't.

As for what missile to use, I'd say either Catapult or Locust. Locust is fast and very useful to overwhelm the more agile ships that are annoying to bear harpoints on and puts pressure on any target, while the Catapult is great for slow targets since they have EMP damage but are slow to reach said target.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 18, 2023, 06:00:41 AM »

An interesting interaction with looting remnant ships that I'm pretty sure isn't intended:

Spoiler
[close]

I think prior to 0.96 there were no scenarios where the player could loot remnant drone ships except as the occasional floating wreck after combat. There were dormant ships you had to wake up and kill first in some systems, but no outright husks. With the new patch adding the droneship graveyard at the Sentinel jump point, we now have this interaction where you potentially run across some guy who's been hiding inside a droneship by himself for over a century.

Doctorhealsgood

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 18, 2023, 06:28:56 AM »

An interesting interaction with looting remnant ships that I'm pretty sure isn't intended:

Spoiler
[close]

I think prior to 0.96 there were no scenarios where the player could loot remnant drone ships except as the occasional floating wreck after combat. There were dormant ships you had to wake up and kill first in some systems, but no outright husks. With the new patch adding the droneship graveyard at the Sentinel jump point, we now have this interaction where you potentially run across some guy who's been hiding inside a droneship by himself for over a century.
Clearly the malevolent machines stole humans to do something unspeakable and unknowable to our minds.
Quote from: Doctorhealsgood
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 18, 2023, 09:26:00 AM »

Is it just me or did the Heron almost disappear? Haven't seen it outside mercenary fleets.

The independent faction has it, and so does the Persean League, so in theory you should see it at those markets, though it probably isn't super common.

Sounds like Space Trucking to me.
ST and commodities... sounds like Space Trucking could be it. Thanks for the prompt reply again and for pointing me in the right direction, I'll take it to the relevant thread!

*thumbs up*

@ Alex : Had to re-read the Lidar Array tooltip and it does say that it disables turrets and beam weapons, so missile weapons should be firing while Lidar is active, which they don't.

I'll check it out!

It's kind of funny how this - or similar, with officers/crew being found in these - has come four or five separate times! I definitely get that this is unusual, but it just means there's a more interesting backstory to how that situation came to be :)

Bozzola

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 18, 2023, 01:57:32 PM »

Great update, can't wait to start a new save  ;D

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 19, 2023, 12:48:12 AM »

Maybe I have missed something but...

Why outermost slipstreams are not forming generally continuous structure? With gaps and intersection but nonetheless. It can be clockwise for some time period and counterclockwise for another but it will be actually not frustrating for the most of the time like the current one with horizontal and vertical intersections breaking the flow. When both horizontal routes and both vertical routes are going in the same direction this creates a situation with corners what always in the state when all routes are either outbound or inbound. If the whole structure is continuous (north route is eastbound, east vertical route is southbound, south route is westbound and west vertical route is northbound) it will make much more practical sense.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 99