Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321601 times)

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #645 on: May 05, 2023, 03:47:04 PM »

Same observation as FooF:

I love the new in-system ambient music.

The sector feels more hostile with all those threatening scavenger fleets. Though those proved to be good logistic ship source after defeating two in the same system.  :D

I do have a minor complain: the planet displayed when surveying can have a large / bright / in your face purple corona-something-something (that's probably the way planet's magnetic field is displayed), it is too much in my opinion. Could be more subtle with, say, reduced opacity or a darker tone.

Thank you for the new version.

YAZF

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 05, 2023, 03:49:25 PM »

Insulated Engine Assembly's S-mod bonus is a smuggler's dream come true. Why is this the thing I'm most excited about?
Dear Alex,
There should be a battlestation/star fortress fight in the main menu mission mode.  :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 05, 2023, 03:54:50 PM »

I do have a minor complain: the planet displayed when surveying can have a large / bright / in your face purple corona-something-something (that's probably the way planet's magnetic field is displayed), it is too much in my opinion. Could be more subtle with, say, reduced opacity or a darker tone.

Ah, interesting! I'll need to take a look at it in that specific context; though, fun fact - the brightness is *already* reduced! Entirely possible that we didn't go too far with it, though.

Cubano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 05, 2023, 04:11:31 PM »

Of course, same week as AOW4

NEmergix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 05, 2023, 04:13:38 PM »

Are you sure about the invictus alex ? it seems incredibly unbalanced and i don't like where this is going

in the sim i lasted 5 mins without shooting or moving, against a paragon, an astral , 2 onslaughts, and a conquest without shooting back or moving

Cubano

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 05, 2023, 04:24:39 PM »

Sorry, I picked up the game after the last release so I'm not sure how mod updates are communicated.

Is the main index list updated as they are or do we need to monitor each one's thread?

Edit: NVM - I see they are starting to get updated on the index list already. I'll just keep an eye on that.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 04:33:59 PM by Cubano »

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 05, 2023, 04:46:27 PM »

I do believe the "Old Man" mission might be ... repeating? Though, perhaps something got gummed up in the works when I reloaded a save at some point or another, but I'm fairy certain I delivered that man already and yet he's popped up again.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 05, 2023, 05:15:34 PM »

Are you sure about the invictus alex ? it seems incredibly unbalanced and i don't like where this is going

in the sim i lasted 5 mins without shooting or moving, against a paragon, an astral , 2 onslaughts, and a conquest without shooting back or moving

I'm of course not sure of anything, and am going to keep an eye on it! That said, the Paragon alone takes it out in ~200 seconds (compared to about 50 seconds to take down an Onslaught), and the 5 ships combined do it in under 100. And if you're talking with skills, that's not a very useful reference point.

I do believe the "Old Man" mission might be ... repeating? Though, perhaps something got gummed up in the works when I reloaded a save at some point or another, but I'm fairy certain I delivered that man already and yet he's popped up again.

Oh, hmm. The one you pick up on Asharu, right? Making a note, thank you!

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 05, 2023, 05:18:01 PM »

Yup! I'm using the station as storage, so it was noticable when I swung back around and saw him again.

I gotta say, I'm loving these new quests!

sb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 05, 2023, 05:19:17 PM »

I have a question regarding the Ballistic Rangefinder. It's supposed to boost hybrid weapons but I fail to see any changes when mounting the now hybrid Mining Blasters or any other hybrid weapon. Is there something odd going on?
I think it's only effective if the hybrid weapons are mounted in Ballistic-only slots. Last I recall, it's the SLOT TYPE that's factored into whether the weapon is affected or not.
That's what I've been trying out, tried with any ship with a large and medium ballistic and Rangefinder, Mining Blaster in medium ballistic, expecting range boost to 700u.

NEmergix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 05, 2023, 05:25:17 PM »

I'm of course not sure of anything, and am going to keep an eye on it! That said, the Paragon alone takes it out in ~200 seconds (compared to about 50 seconds to take down an Onslaught), and the 5 ships combined do it in under 100. And if you're talking with skills, that's not a very useful reference point.

Id say right now that it is the best ship in the game ... better even than a radiant.

EDIT: it doesn't even feel like a vanilla ship, more like a mod. When i go to the hesperus, it just looks off to have these massive and odd looking ships just next to an eradicator ....
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 05:31:16 PM by NEmergix »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: May 05, 2023, 05:50:03 PM »

I have a question regarding the Ballistic Rangefinder. It's supposed to boost hybrid weapons but I fail to see any changes when mounting the now hybrid Mining Blasters or any other hybrid weapon. Is there something odd going on?
I think it's only effective if the hybrid weapons are mounted in Ballistic-only slots. Last I recall, it's the SLOT TYPE that's factored into whether the weapon is affected or not.
That's what I've been trying out, tried with any ship with a large and medium ballistic and Rangefinder, Mining Blaster in medium ballistic, expecting range boost to 700u.

Ahh, Ballistic Rangefinder is bugged, not affecting any hybrid weapons at all. Fixed this up!

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 05, 2023, 05:59:37 PM »

Is smuggling changed in some way? it feels like i always get suspicion even when i buy high quantities of the same commodity in the open market, and the suspicion level seems to go up way faster.

Edit: Unrelated but upon returning to Chalcedon and visiting the bar it always shows the option to follow Sedge even if you already completed the quest.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 06:26:58 PM by Tigasboss »

Forever Templar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 05, 2023, 07:16:31 PM »

Heh, what a nice way to end Golden Week. Thank you for your hard work, Alex.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 05, 2023, 07:34:05 PM »

Is smuggling changed in some way? it feels like i always get suspicion even when i buy high quantities of the same commodity in the open market, and the suspicion level seems to go up way faster.

Hmm - not that I recall!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 99