Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 319065 times)

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2023, 01:14:49 PM »

It doesn’t have to be a zero-sum game of Kinetic vs. HE at endgame. A single monster Onslaught in an otherwise balanced shielded fleet just adds a wrinkle to the battle. If you overdo Kinetics, the Onslaught chews you up but if you go overboard on HE, you can’t beat the support vessels. Likewise, if Ordos had tougher ships that relied less on shields, Kinetics wouldn’t be king against them.

It’s actually what makes the Dorito fights interesting: if you go all Big Gun, you end up getting swarmed to death. I like that you have remain flexible to win that fight.

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2023, 11:38:44 PM »

I just want to point out that every Beta and Alpha core will have elite Impact Mitigation and Damage Control. So while Remnant don't have armor-tanked ships in the technical sense, you still need some anti-armor damage against them.

Kaisi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2023, 11:48:28 PM »

Didn't read the whole thread, but:

When will be fixed suicidal frigate_AI behavior where they consistently ram allied capitals shields with their engine sides? This gets especially funny, when a pirate fleet enters map with a lot of weak hull frigates and some capitals and you see a couple of deaths on there side in log, and when big line engagement take place and you lose your own ships in safe situation, where they try just rum themselves to death .

When will be fixed  suicidal frigate_AI behavior where they consistently swarm deadly station blocking line of fire of capitals without a chance to scratch the station, needlessly dying amass instead of hiding behind capitals and letting those do what they came for.

In general frigates tend to block line of fire of bigger ships in the beginning of major engagements, and avoid swarming isolated targets for guaranteed kill when they logically should.

Ships in general tend to forgo pressing the target, when it is isolated and very high flux, even when themselves are low.

Regarding fleet limit. It needs to be bp caped, not by ship number. Currently you are locked out of small ship swarm tactics. Soft fleet cap does not help, 20% penalty for extra Kite is just absurd.

Skill penalty for specializing your fleet is illogical too. There may be balance issues yes but this, for example, forcing players to remove fighter skills from the build, when they have a lot of those. Penalties must be reworked some other way. Currently they force player to avoid skills, that should boost their play style.

We also need auto retreat function for player ships with low CR and Hull.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:53:04 PM by Kaisi »

Talando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2023, 12:36:57 PM »

I discovered this game just a month ago, and amazed by the quality and dedication that was put everywhere (coding, art, animation, sound by SianStark, writing for the lore and quests...).

Just wish your 4 people team will be well rewarded financially one day, because it deserves so much love :)

Did you investigate Github patrons or Patreon to help funding? I see people just making shaders for Skyrim starting to bring revenue this way. As you can play the game in arcade mode, it might also be worthwhile to check opportunities with consoles (and their editors like Microsoft) if you self-publish on their games marketplaces. There's a mod trying to make online battles in a kind of assymetric way if I understood.

Thanks again for the huuuuge work! (I only know Vanilla for now and discovering colonies, it's a lot of fun in the Freelancer style).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:48:23 PM by Talando »

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2023, 11:22:25 PM »

HAG: "Halved recoil" Does this mean spread/shot, max spread, spread decay...? Max spread at 900 range (more likely 1260 or 1,440 with range extenders) can still get pretty inaccurate. I don't think it should be super-accurate at max range but I don't see the Mjolnir missing a lot of shots at equal range. Though, Mjolnir shot speed is 900 vs. the HAG's 800. I wonder if a bump in projectile speed would make any sort of difference. Either way, like I said earlier, the effective DPS of the weapon should go up significantly if it can put more rounds on target. It's not the best weapon against the heaviest armor but its way more versatile than the Hellbore.

Halved all of these - just halving the per-shot wouldn't do much, I don't think.

i havent followed this thread for a while so i didn't see this... halving all reacoil values is more impactful than what i thought was going to happen... but still, i think it should get something more, like a flux buff

also i just remembered that i'll probably discontinue one of the weapons in my mods bc it's also a med hammer but too weak, too costly and has an ass sprite

Verran

• Ensign
  • Everyone feed my Turtle name Turz.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2023, 08:55:56 AM »

*reads about the small missile auto-loader. Recalls that some phase ships have missile mounts. Reasons that a phase ship is equivalent to submarine. Sabaton's "Wolfpack" starts playing in the background*

In thinking about this, you say that the auto-loader only effects missiles placed in their proper mount. Marking out that ones placed in synergy won't receive the bonus. My question is: will it effect small missiles placed in medium missile mounts?

Update looks great and I can't wait for it! I particularly look forward to, beyond a submarine wolfpack play-through, the new S-mod changes. As, how it stands, whenever I design a ship with the intention of S-mods, I just make sure the most expensive mod is S-modded. With the changes adding additional benefits to S-modding, it'll make me think more in that department. Which is fantastic!

ILoveAnnihilators

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2023, 03:15:01 PM »

Why does the hurricane MIRV nerfed? My beloved large missile... My conquest will suffer....

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2023, 06:15:48 PM »

Just wanted to note that I think the buffs to the lesser used energy weapons are a good change of direction.  As it stands, most energy-heavy frigates lean heavily on anti-matter blasters for their raw flux output, and the category has needed some improvement.

amoc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2023, 03:25:52 AM »

Do my current save work with 0.96a?

Jackundor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2023, 03:53:50 AM »

Do my current save work with 0.96a?
0.96 isn't out yet and probably won't be for months, so nobody knows i guess

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2023, 06:09:10 AM »

@Alex

Just curious: there have been quite a few minor, and not-so-minor, tweaks and changes posted on Twitter and the forums since the initial patch notes. Well, enough that I can’t keep track of them all or source them. Will you post a second round of changes or are you going to wait closer to release?

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2023, 04:28:59 PM »

I'm hoping that given this patch is from .95 to .96 that it will be out a few weeks after these notes, instead of a few months like we've seen with bigger version jumps.

It's been a few weeks already, so... ;)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 01, 2023, 04:46:07 AM »

Big updates seemed to stay consistent between each others until now, don't see why this one would take a few weeks instead.

Also, better it be months of wait for a stable, fully completed update, than a buggy and unfinished one.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2023, 05:39:10 AM »

We will probably get a buggy one with multiple hotfixes over the next month no matter what happens, if previous releases are anything to go by.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 01, 2023, 07:02:25 AM »

Enough! Release the Release Candidates! The unwashed masses demand it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 99