Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 319120 times)

Solidus667

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2023, 12:45:28 AM »

Sorry if its annoying. But can i get a aprocsimate date for the update? Doset have to be on the dot. Jos about when it should come out.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2023, 02:45:08 AM »

Sorry if its annoying. But can i get a aprocsimate date for the update? Doset have to be on the dot. Jos about when it should come out.

The update comes out when it's ready, which may or may not be between 3 weeks and 9 months.

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2023, 09:53:02 AM »

I'm a little worried that with all the large missile changes to accommodate the addition of the pegasus you're indirectly penalizing a lot of ships that generally relied on these weapons but aren't getting any changes (Gryphon, Conquest, Astral, Apogee, to some degree the Legion XIV). Indirect changes compounding in order to make ships rather poor performing can sneak up on you (like the previous patch removing a lot of the power from the Drovers ship system, then adding the DP, then removing officer carrier skills all compounding to make that ship highly undesirable).

Now the legion getting the OP point increase and the cyclone improvement probably means it'll not have much issue in the new patch. But the other ships could have their use case hampered by quite a bit, and I am concerned these aren't getting enough consideration while trying to make the Pegasus fit into the battlespace.

What changes are you concerned about? Seemed like most changes will benefit most of those ships also.

Kos135

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2023, 10:35:06 AM »

Can the Gremlin get some love in 0.96? I know it's not supposed to be an S-tier ship but could it at least be usable? Better flux stats, more OP, more armor & hull, more speed, a built-in hullmod, a different ship system like FMR or AAF? It could really use some kind of upgrade.
You cannot trick an honest man, only a villain will fall for it.

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2023, 10:46:08 AM »

What changes are you concerned about? Seemed like most changes will benefit most of those ships also.

Well, I'm not him but the one change I don't understand is the Hurricane nerf.

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2023, 06:32:05 PM »

Well, I'm not him but the one change I don't understand is the Hurricane nerf.

If it’s more accurate, I think that would be a buff to the conquest atleast. May not be as good at close range or against stations, but theres better options for that instead. I think it’s a good change to make players not just default to the hurricane if they want HE.

Solidus667

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2023, 12:35:44 PM »

The update comes out when it's ready, which may or may not be between 3 weeks and 9 months.

Thankes mate.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2023, 08:29:59 AM »

Love the proposed changes! Major hype!

CoverdInBees

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2023, 10:55:10 AM »

I'm a little worried that with all the large missile changes to accommodate the addition of the pegasus you're indirectly penalizing a lot of ships that generally relied on these weapons but aren't getting any changes (Gryphon, Conquest, Astral, Apogee, to some degree the Legion XIV). Indirect changes compounding in order to make ships rather poor performing can sneak up on you (like the previous patch removing a lot of the power from the Drovers ship system, then adding the DP, then removing officer carrier skills all compounding to make that ship highly undesirable).

Now the legion getting the OP point increase and the cyclone improvement probably means it'll not have much issue in the new patch. But the other ships could have their use case hampered by quite a bit, and I am concerned these aren't getting enough consideration while trying to make the Pegasus fit into the battlespace.

What change(s) exactly are you referring to? I didn't have the idea that any of the changes were made specifically to accomodate the Pegasus, but that they were all (mostly) made to adress the current balance.

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2023, 08:46:03 PM »

What change(s) exactly are you referring to? I didn't have the idea that any of the changes were made specifically to accomodate the Pegasus, but that they were all (mostly) made to adress the current balance.

The Squall changes were mostly made for the Pegasus. I don’t think it’s a bad change at all. Doesn’t really make it weaker and it’s not weaker at all in its intended role. I still think it’s going to be one of the stronger if not strongest large missiles. Kinetic missiles are just so good.

Kragh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2023, 08:18:11 AM »

The Squall changes were mostly made for the Pegasus. I don’t think it’s a bad change at all. Doesn’t really make it weaker and it’s not weaker at all in its intended role. I still think it’s going to be one of the stronger if not strongest large missiles. Kinetic missiles are just so good.
I thought the changes were because Squalls are OP and overshadow any other Large Missiles?

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2023, 08:25:37 AM »

I thought the changes were because Squalls are OP and overshadow any other Large Missiles?
It's the only large kinetic missile in the game. It's overshadowing other missile purely because of the type of enemies players face at current end game.
Please don't take me too seriously.

llama

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2023, 09:12:59 AM »

To be fair, the blog post explicitly mentions the use case of Squalls on the Pegasus specifically, even if it's not the sole rationale for the nerf
I spent a pretty good amount of time playtesting this ship, with the main concern being just how much four large missile slots – backed up by rapid-reload – could do. A few problems came up, but I think they more highlighted issues with some of the large missiles than a problem with the ship.

For example, the Squall MRLS fires a stream of kinetic missiles – the missiles are difficult to shoot down, it has lots of ammo, and each burst lasts for a long time. It’s designed to suppress shields and create a window of opportunity (much like the Gazer DEM, in that sense), but each individual missile packs enough punch that it can do appreciable damage vs armor, too. With a smaller number of mounts, it’s not a big deal – but combine four of these, and eliminate the cooldown, and it overwhelms the shields of any enemy, and eventually pounds them into scrap.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:14:45 AM by llama »

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2023, 10:47:31 AM »

It's the only large kinetic missile in the game. It's overshadowing other missile purely because of the type of enemies players face at current end game.

Correct. Squalls just so happen to be one of the best ways to take on Ordos so they naturally get brought up a lot. Against a 2500 armor Shield Shunted Onslaught, Squalls are practically useless but we don’t fight those a lot (but maybe we should?)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2023, 11:12:07 AM »

Correct. Squalls just so happen to be one of the best ways to take on Ordos so they naturally get brought up a lot. Against a 2500 armor Shield Shunted Onslaught, Squalls are practically useless but we don’t fight those a lot (but maybe we should?)
Tbf fighting shield shunted Onslaughts sounds even worse than Ordos. At least now you need both damage types. Versus a shunted low tech fleet, all of your kinetic weapons would be useless. I don't like when games throw you enemies or challenges that can only be beaten in a single way.
Please don't take me too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 99