Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 321287 times)

Bummelei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2023, 08:04:59 AM »

Cheers
Any chance for Makeshift Shield generator getting any buffs? Currently its in really bad shape.
>90 degree arc, 1.2 efficiency, it saps 20% of your speed, and its upkeep is half your flux. It's also massively overpriced.
The speed penalty and OP cost far exceed any gains.
And yes I get that its suppose to be weak but now its not really worth.

Tried to play around it on LP Cerberus yesterday. Unfortunately in it's current state this hullmod is just useless. Without it Cerberus was able to take down an Eagle, but with it it can't beat even a frigate, 4000 flux, 1.2 (less with HS hullmod), and 20% speed loss is just too much.

Also i think it would be fun to have an alternative in the form of a Damper Field.

CoverdInBees

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2023, 08:45:16 AM »

I'm surprised the small burst pd laser got buffed, I felt it has always been the best small energy pd system and that the PD and the LRPD laser needed a buff more.

Best for the slot, sure. But when also taking the OP cost into account i could only very rarely justify using it to myself, and i've read on here that plenty of people felt the same as me. That's probably why it got buffed.

As for the other two, LRPD *is* getting a buff by having 1 OP slashed from it's cost, iirc? Think that's a pretty good buff myself since it's basically a side grade of normal/short range PD anyway. And now that'll be reflected in their cost.

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2023, 08:52:54 AM »

I'm surprised the small burst pd laser got buffed, I felt it has always been the best small energy pd system and that the PD and the LRPD laser needed a buff more.

Best for the slot, sure. But when also taking the OP cost into account i could only very rarely justify using it to myself, and i've read on here that plenty of people felt the same as me. That's probably why it got buffed.

As for the other two, LRPD *is* getting a buff by having 1 OP slashed from it's cost, iirc? Think that's a pretty good buff myself since it's basically a side grade of normal/short range PD anyway. And now that'll be reflected in their cost.

Don’t forget they will both be better against the new missiles compared to the burst, because of the longer range.

CoverdInBees

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2023, 09:33:58 AM »

Longer range?

Pablovansnogger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2023, 09:59:55 AM »

Longer range?

Actually just realized the normal PD has shorter range. I’d say that may be a little weak now, but I think the LR laser PD will be in good shape next patch atleast.

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2023, 10:05:56 AM »

The beam missiles will certainly make the "use vulcans everywhere and nothing else" strategy less attractive.

Probably won't be enough to make Paladin PD Champion a thing, but the longer-ranged energy PD are likely more able to deal with the energy missiles than small ballistic PD.

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2023, 11:13:07 AM »

Speaking of the upgraded campaign hullmods, what about giving combat ships one free campaign hullmod each? Maybe through a PC industry tree skill or something? Without something like that I would never take a non-combat hullmod on a combat ship. In fact I wouldn't even take a PC skill that gives a free campaign hullmod to combat ships, unless that same skill gives a combat-related bonus as well. I would take a few tugs with IEA before I give AFD to one of my cruisers or capitals.

I think you're missing out on occasion. If you're building a doom fleet and have a means of fueling it, tugs are the way to go. If you're trying to minimize sensor range and fuel usage for a more surgical approach (which can get you certain things earlier in a game than a doom fleet in my experience) tugs are off the table, and bringing a heavy hitter via ADF can increase your combat potential more than a smaller ship with full combat mods. (Especially/at least if like me you lack the ability to fly Hyperions and other superships to their potential.)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2023, 05:09:58 PM »

There's something that always bothered my mind.

I heard that Heavy Armor is now basically Increase the ship's armor. and its smod effect with Decrease maneuverability.

Could Heavy Armor increase the mass of the ship as well? It is heavier after all and should have more mass.  :)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2023, 08:15:54 PM »

I heard that Heavy Armor is now basically Increase the ship's armor. and its smod effect with Decrease maneuverability.

Could Heavy Armor increase the mass of the ship as well? It is heavier after all and should have more mass.  :)
Yes please!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Spacer Heater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2023, 08:29:04 PM »

If ship mass affects how much damage a ram does, please do this. Ram damage as whole is very underwhelming at the moment. A plasma burn into a destroyer for a whole 500 damage never feels good, and burn drive does almost nothing. Think of all the orion drives being added Alex (!!)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2023, 08:46:29 PM »

Cheers
I just seen a Alex twitter message about fighters adopting tech colors of the carriers.
It disturbed me greatly and tbh I don't even really see a point in it.
Does it change fighters armament? Does it change  anything?
What even point it is?
Sure putting Xypons on some jury rigged old cargo ship may look out of place but its fine because it should be that way.
ITBH I don't mind this being a optional feature.
Please Alex make it optional.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2023, 09:41:27 PM »

The point is that it looks cool and no other reason is needed to add a small thing into a game.

I honestly really like the look of the high tech and especially the midline versions. It's the low tech that looks a bit strange.

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2023, 11:14:38 PM »

does that mean using onslaught as a battering ram is viable now in the next patch? does my big boy finally get a buff he needs
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 07, 2023, 05:00:12 AM »

Cheers
I just seen a Alex twitter message about fighters adopting tech colors of the carriers.
It disturbed me greatly and tbh I don't even really see a point in it.
Does it change fighters armament? Does it change  anything?
What even point it is?
Sure putting Xypons on some jury rigged old cargo ship may look out of place but its fine because it should be that way.
ITBH I don't mind this being a optional feature.
Please Alex make it optional.
I've always felt odd about broadsword being categorized as Low Tech despite having Midline color theme.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2023, 05:09:25 AM »

Lol, Broadswords aren’t Midline? I guess I never paid attention to the blueprint category.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99