Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99

Author Topic: Starsector 0.96a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 319095 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.96a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2023, 01:12:28 AM »

Isn't that simultaneously kinda fitting for a union? Every planet still retains their local government, and the main duties they have towards the League are military, not political. Kazeron is influential, but it's not the capital. There's no capital.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2023, 01:36:00 AM »

BCS

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2023, 01:37:15 AM »

@BCS
Ah yes you reminded me, Drover is currently overpriced and it seems none of the changes really help it.

Drover has four small missile slots, which is potentially a lot of Harpoons, especially since so many missiles means EMR is a no-brainer. Unfortunately in my experience(I used them as fighter support for Brawler LP spam) Drovers never actually launch most of their missiles, they just refuse to do it.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2023, 01:40:27 AM »

@BCS
...and Apex 20.
Wut? I thought it'd be a new capital so 20DP cannot be?!...

Also: More threads about the Fury: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22611.0
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=24932.0
Apex is a cruiser built around Terminator Drones and Energy Bolt Coherer. Nova is the battlecruiser.

Oh hey it's a thread I made, called it 1.5 years ago!
Please don't take me too seriously.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2023, 02:56:23 AM »

Reading a changelog in the morning is always a nice start in the day. I especially like the ones improving the atmosphere like the major event system, new missions, new music and new graphics.

One thing though confuses me:
  • Cheap commodity mission: remote pickup of legal goods variation now requires other colony to not be hostile to the player

Does this mean you can pick up the goods, as long as your standing with the colony is above -50 or does the mission won't be offered, if your standing with the colony is too low?
(Right now this mission can always be offered but you can't pick up the goods, if your standing with the faction is at -25 or below.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 04:10:15 AM by Mortrag »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2023, 04:01:05 AM »

ShipEngineControllerAPI.ShipEngineAPI.repair() please, since .disable() already exists in the API

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2023, 04:46:54 AM »

Added message explaining what's going on and what to do when there's no flagship deployed and the player starts in the command shuttle
Does this mean that the player always starts in the command shuttle if you dont deploy your flagship? - that would be ( / sounds ) annoying

Command points are no longer refunded when the last order given during a pause is cancelled
(Fundamental problem in that the same sequence of orders and a cancel could be a legitimate order or a "never mind")
On the topic of command frequency: Why does the command frequency get closed, if you exit the map?
As in, you open the map, give an order, then control you flagship for a few seconds and observe the effects of your order and then want to use the command frequency to possibly change these orders. Right noch you can only use the observe modus to view the effects, but need to hope that you flagship does not get reapered

Ordering an individual ship to retreat no longer requires a command point or opens the command frequency if that ship is out of peak time
thats good

Spareribs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2023, 05:20:55 AM »

WOOHOO!! I'm so excited to read the patch notes!  ;D

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2023, 05:41:08 AM »

Is Sarissa low_tech_bp or rare_bp?

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2023, 06:16:55 AM »

Thanks for the patch notes. Now that we're getting close to the finish line of this update, can you tell us how impactful it will be for most mods in general? As in if they will break or not. Besides balancing issues and some quirks I'm not seeing anything that would necessarily break them, except maybe Nex since that's a really big one.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2023, 07:14:10 AM »

Drover is competent as a battlecarrier, but if its system still takes -25% because it has more than one bay, I prefer for it to have "No System" or flares to avoid hurting itself by killing replacement rate with Reserve Deployment.

HAG was too inaccurate to be useful without all of the accuracy boosters.  If I had ePD, Devastator was often a better choice.  If not, Mjolnir.

Fury at 20 DP may look better with other cruisers' DP changed.  Apogee and Eradicator getting more expensive and Eagle getting cheaper.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2023, 07:55:07 AM »

Many hullmods now have special effects when built into the hull using a story point

this is a really clever way to allow players to use a hullmod when some portion of its affect is a deal-breaker for them (like PDAI making my smalls shoot at missiles)
would you be willing to consider applying this treatment to most hullmods it's possible to? For example making safety overrides only give the baseline speed buff by default, & give the zero flux boost & all of the other stuff only if you build it in? Or the omni shield conversion only makes the shield omni, & you only get the shield upkeep buff & shield size debuff if you build it in? There's a lot of ships I'd love to put that onto but never will bc I find the smaller shield to be a dealbreaker -- the option to accept an effective 25% debuff to shield upkeep in order to keep the shield the size it is would be an attractive prospect. same with armored turret mounts, I'd use it just for the increased weapon health but don't bc of the rest of it
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2023, 08:00:43 AM »

For real this time. I remember that there was a lengthy discussion in general aout SO nerf and Alex agreed that something has to be done.

Next patch maybe?

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2023, 08:02:42 AM »

Would it be possible for the drover to receive a minor DP rollback? Between the dp nerf, RD getting stomped on, and fighter skill limits, paying 15 dp for the drover is just gross. I think it learned its lesson now. One wonders when reading the drover description why the Domain didn't quietly cancel the production contract for it.

I think with the fixes to bugs for Reserve Deployment it might be in a better place. Might still be overpriced, but at least it should be better than it is now.

I also feel that the poor Drover has spent long enough in the corner for its crimes. It's an interesting ship that has design considerations that make it distinct from other carriers, it's one of the first dedicated carriers the player can access, and it's a shame to see it go unused for so long.

While we're listing the many, many direct and indirect nerfs that it was subjected to, let's not forget that its partner in crime, the Spark, was also severely reigned in as part of that same reckoning.

vladokapuh

• Commander
  • Cabbage
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2023, 08:30:44 AM »

Also in regards to new medium sized hammer... I cant not post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6EoW7xoJBM
Cabbage
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 99